Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters

Tuco

Forum veteran
The poll seems framed to include just strong stances on every possible answer.
Personally, it's not that I don't want a new The Witcher and I surely wouldn't complain if we would get another one...
It's more that I don't care *specifically* for The Witcher.

Give me more games that are every bit as good as TW3 and I'd be fine regardless of the setting.
A new Geralt game? Fine. A new Witcher with a new protagonist? That's fine as well. An entirely new setting/IP with the same core qualities? That's probably even better.

Well i wouldn't say no to another witcher game be it with geralt or another protag or creating our own.

I would love a new Witcher Game.

But as much as I love Geralt, I don't want to have another Witcher Game with him as the protagonist. In my opinion his story is done.

But I would love to play as another witcher (Eskel's story isn't finished), maybe even from another school away from all that stuff that happened in the three games before.

More expansions for TW3 and a new Witcher game, with either Geralt or another witcher in it. It seems like that the monsters can't be pacified by the humans alone. As we've seen in the games, plus, magic will always be around. Maybe create another ending for TW3 in the expansion to make it possible, and Ciri as their master, though I still prefer Geralt to be the master of the new witchers. I'm pretty sure they know the process of making a new witcher...

we could expect a new witcher game after 2020. I actually think current consoles ps4 and xboxone won't last long. Maybe with true next gen consoles we can achieve something bigger,more beuatiful game than witcher 3. Ciri can't be main protagonist,because she is not a real witcher-girl. Her story is different than any other witchers. How would that work anyway ?

a Witcher is a profession not a species, Ciri is a Witcher just not a mutated one. though I do agree that she may not be the main protagonist for the next game because the endings are quite different and it would take a lot of work to join them into one story.

I'd love a new game set in the same universe, but probably not a direct sequel to W3 with either Geralt or Ciri since Ciri is way OP and I feel like it would be very tricky to reconcile all the possible endings. So I think something set before the events of the first game with the same cast of characters would be perfect

I'd love a game wherein you can create your own witcher and just walk the path in an open world, taking contracts as they arise and gradually increasing in skill and fame. The character progression of Geralt always seemed forced to me - the idea that Geralt still can't parry an arrow without learning the skill (even after he supposedly learned it in the last game) is just bizarre. On top of the fact that Geralt's quest to find Ciri is nothing if not urgent, but in order to experience TW3 in full, the player needs to constantly push aside the most important thing in Geralt's life in order to complete dinky little nekker contracts. All that cognitive dissonance goes away when you get to create your own character. Of course a blank slate character doesn't have anywhere near the same personality as a well developed icon like Geralt, but that's why it's a role playing game.

God help me, I even think the concept would work well as an MMO.

Last edited:
I'd love a game wherein you can create your own witcher and just walk the path in an open world, taking contracts as they arise and gradually increasing in skill and fame. The character progression of Geralt always seemed forced to me - the idea that Geralt still can't parry an arrow without learning the skill (even after he supposedly learned it in the last game) is just bizarre. On top of the fact that Geralt's quest to find Ciri is nothing if not urgent, but in order to experience TW3 in full, the player needs to constantly push aside the most important thing in Geralt's life in order to complete dinky little nekker contracts. All that cognitive dissonance goes away when you get to create your own character. Of course a blank slate character doesn't have anywhere near the same personality as a well developed icon like Geralt, but that's why it's a role playing game.

God help me, I even think the concept would work well as an MMO.

Making a witcher prequel with Geralt as main protagoinst, is my vote for a witcher 4.
Or if this is the end of geralt story, theny go MMO style, with own characters and diferent schools and so, as most ppl seem to prefer that....
I would still prefer first option.

I don't really care will the next game be Witcher 4 or something, I just want to see all those characters again. After completing the game I was so sad that the adventure ended and all the characters where gone =( Please CDprojekt RED, you can do more games in the world of Witcher!!!

Making a witcher prequel with Geralt as main protagoinst, is my vote for a witcher 4.
Or if this is the end of geralt story, theny go MMO style, with own characters and diferent schools and so, as most ppl seem to prefer that....

A MMO Witcher game would break the lore so hard, Witchers are very rare, I can't stand the thought of a server full of 1,000 witchers all running around slaying randomly respawning packs of ghouls and nekkers and none of their choices in quests matter or have an effect on the world because it has to cater to everyone... I'm not anti-MMO but it would be a terrible mix with The Witcher.

A MMO Witcher game would break the lore so hard, Witchers are very rare, I can't stand the thought of a server full of 1,000 witchers all running around slaying randomly respawning packs of ghouls and nekkers and none of their choices in quests matter or have an effect on the world because it has to cater to everyone... I'm not anti-MMO but it would be a terrible mix with The Witcher.

I am not a fan of MMO as well, but that was just a suggestion for that kind of a game. It was mainly ment for those who want character creation and some random lore to it.
For me a witcher without Garalt and his company is not a witcher to be honest, and the story created so far is just awsome. Besides that , i've started reading the witcher books about 1 year ago, and i feel even more connected to the characters and the story itself.
So as i said a pointless suggestion .. :)

Nope, MMO would be a terrible waste of CDP's talent and time :)
They are best in business when it comes to interactive narrative combined with exploration, switching to any kind of multiplayer would inevitably dilute both. I really hope CDP stays firmly in singleplayer territory.

The poll seems framed to include just strong stances on every possible answer.
Personally, it's not that I don't want a new The Witcher and I surely wouldn't complain if we would get another one...
It's more that I don't care *specifically* for The Witcher.

Give me more games that are every bit as good as TW3 and I'd be fine regardless of the setting.
A new Geralt game? Fine. A new Witcher with a new protagonist? That's fine as well. An entirely new setting/IP with the same core qualities? That's probably even better.
I based the poll on polish original one, I liked its..."purity" :)
I half agree with you, on one hand as long as CDP can keep the quality level, then I would be happy to play anything from them, but on the other....I do have a soft spot for the Witcher in particular, and all its characters, so my vote had to go to number one.

Imo another witcher game with Geralt is the only viable option for a Witcher 4.
If that's not an option for CDP, they should let the franchise end.

I had enough of Geralt. Witcher 4 for me - it's only with a open world with adventuries of random generic witcher from witchers school to happy end.

What ever they decide to do I just hope it is not going to be yet another MMO!

I really loved the Witcher series this far. It was the most immersive games I have ever played. They made me cry, they made me laugh. They made me want to fight for them, they made me sit back and think. In all they made me become so much attached to the main characters (Geralt & Ciri in particular) that although it's been more than a month that I have finished the game, I still miss them terribly! And as many other ppl me, too, would like to know what happened in those between times that Cirilla mentions or intentionally hides so well, what happened with the White Frost and what happens in the future.

Also, a Witcher 4 with Geralt not being the protagonist, does not necessarily mean that Geralt would not be around to interact with in the game. I'm not going to tell CDPR what they should do or not. I will just hope that they will surprise me nicely. :happy:

P.S. And as it's been written already, we want expansions...

Last edited:
Maybe there won't be The Witcher 4

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-seeing-red-the-story-of-cd-projekt great article about CDP

"Whenever it comes, The Witcher 3 will mark the end of an era for CD Projekt, the end of more than a decade of using Andrzej Sapkowski's world (what comes next, besides Cyberpunk, no one seems to know). It should cement CD Projekt Red as a big boy of game development, and The Witcher years will be remembered as a climb to greatness and a stepping into the limelight. But that light can be as unflinchingly harsh as it can dazzlingly bright, and no longer an underdog, CD Projekt Red will begin to feel the pressure of expectation."

So it is stated in this article i found. It seems there won't be any more of The Witcher in the future. I pray that it's not true.

A Witcher game without Geralt as the protagonist just sounds depressing as hell to me. I feel like I'm one of the only people who just genuinely does not like the idea of Ciri, or anybody for that matter replacing Geralt.

Last edited:
Yes I would love another Witcher game, no real preference as to if we play Ciri or someone else as long as it's true to the feeling of previous Witcher games.

Would also love to have Witcher 1 & 2 remastered for PlayStation 4 so I could play them right through and use previous game saves.. :)

For me I'd like to play as Geralt again, as it definitely wouldn't be the same without him. I would like the option to play as Ciri, Yennefer or Triss though, in a more involving manner, customizing their inventory and such. Not sure how they could handle the spell side of things though, as this is often a wild card in this universe (no clear rules).

I Certanly expect The Witcher 4.
If we think about it. CDPR brought to life a huge world, with so much to be explored, so much history and detail. I really believe The Witcher will grow to be a respectable franchise (even more so than it already is today).
Maybe the story will not revolve around Geralt of Rivia and his peers (which probably will be the case, to my dissatisfaction), But I don't believe we`ve seen the end of it all.
I firmly believe there is still much to do and much to see in the Witcher World. In about 5-7 years we'll see, won't we. (I'll keep my fingers crossed).

Top Bottom