Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
No question about it, we want more Witcher. Or at least I do. :) I'm good with more Geralt, although I thought his story had a real solid ending with B&W. If not Geralt, I would want a new pre-defined character, at least as far as backstory, name, etc. but perhaps let us decide what he looks like (hair color, style, build etc.)

If I am not mistaken, one of those responsible for the Witcher 3 making said to the journalist that the witcher 4 is likely to come out in the near future, but the Gerald's story is over.
I would really love to know something more about Visimir's relationships with that oldwoman Gerald got acquainted with at the aution, remember guys?

Yes we want more witcher, i would like to see a new one but not with white wolf he had his story, i would like to see a new game at the begining of the conjuction with new witchers more monsters, much much more darky, more bloody, more war you know

Yes we want more witcher, i would like to see a new one but not with white wolf he had his story, i would like to see a new game at the begining of the conjuction with new witchers more monsters, much much more darky, more bloody, more war you know

I would like W4 to be a dark fantasy but as the war goes it wouldn't have the emphasis on it. So, political intrigue would be in the game but not as main story but as a consequence of much darker, cruel and fantastical narrative which could involve several factions.

The centerpoint of the W4 would be telling a great fantasy story.

I would like new stealth system along new magical signs and expanded sign system.

I say No I don't want a Witcher 4. I just beat the game and the DLC and that's a good place to leave it. To be honest though, I want more Witcher in the form of a prequel. I could imagine all the hard work the Witchers put in, to make Geralt's life a whole lot easier. I mean in terms of there being a lack of huge monsters, like the skeletons may suggest. Or the fact they made so much supportive history, building up to the current titles situation. Makes me almost believe things were 50 times worst back in the day, and Geralt was finishing the legacy of the Witchers. Plus with the DLC suggesting there's Demons that lived, for so long yet only a few slipped past the original witchers (Talking about the man of glass) could make for a real interesting game. More lore and curses to be lifted like that, could prove to be hard make you need to pay attention to the books and lore to complete the hidden content. Golden dragons I think I killed one, though it was just another forktail, also Witchers don't normally take on dragons. Could use more of those. Djinns truly fascinate me, thinking about Yen and Geralt and their story, means open opportunity for more great story time gaming.
All in all not I don't want to know the future of the game, though it's history is more fascinating than ever now. So many things left unsaid and stone unturned. There's a future for the title, though I think I am content with Geralt's story as it. Thank you for that CDproject Red!

Would be nice, if there comes a mmorpg. We won’t be playing Witchers, because they are rare in it’s kind. What if we would play adventurers/soldiers and the choices you make will align you with a Kingdom. Also the choices you make will only make certain Quests available.
Just an idea though

Would be nice, if there comes a mmorpg. We won’t be playing Witchers, because they are rare in it’s kind. What if we would play adventurers/soldiers and the choices you make will align you with a Kingdom. Also the choices you make will only make certain Quests available.
Just an idea though

If multiplayer were ever going to be included, I'd hate to see it fall into any sort of standard, MMO pattern. I'm not totally against the idea, though.

What I'd like to see in that regard is a revolutionary take on the whole multiplayer model. Not an MMO, so much as a mix of cooperative and competitive elements for smaller groups of players at a time. A full-blown, branching, narrative quest, where you might wind up working with some players and against others -- organically -- all against the backdrop of a persistent storyline that would be molded by crafted, cinematic scenes, just like TW3. Rather than talking to NPCs, you would enagage in dialogue with other players. Each taking it in turn to select options to respond to the other person, and that would alter what happens next in the story.

I create a character from one witcher school. A buddy of mine creates a character from that same school, so we'll start together. Other players may create characters from other schools, or they could be sorceresses, Scoia'tael, etc. We each begin in our own places, with our own goals, sort of like a single-player / co-op game.

As the plot advances, each of us is receiving a perspective on events from our particular point of view. Politics will be different in different places. Personal goals may be different. Rather than picking sides and being part of that team, we're all free agents. When I run into other players, we interact through cinematic dialogue scenes. Maybe we decide to work together. Maybe we wind up compteing against each other. Perhaps we find ourselves on opposite sides of a great battle. Maybe my buddy and I will disagree during a critical dialogue sequence and end up turning on one another. Maybe we'll reconcile at the very end and stand together, or maybe one of us will end up ultimately killing the other.

The driving force behind this, however, is a branching, narrative adventure that starts out with a few "witcher contracts", is entangled in the local politics, and dynamically evolves toward the endgame as kingdoms rise and fall. Which factions win, which ones lose, and what state the world is in at the end will be up to the players' choices, conflicts, and resolutions along the path...

By dividing up the "main quest" into episodic chapters, that would ensure bite-size chunks so that players can all be there to continue on. In between "chapters" the game could be filled with open world stuff: exploration, training, stand-alone contracts, challenge missions, etc. Once everyone's around, the main quest can advance. I think that would work well with smaller groups of players in persistent instances. It could be drop in / drop out, even, but it would be mostly catered to groups of maybe 5-10 players at a time for one campaign world.

My preference: 1) Letho as protagonist, 2) female protagonist but NOT Ciri (she's Good in D&D alignment terms, and I want a Neutral or Evil woman), 3) young Geralt in a prequel.
But right now, I'd much prefer a proper Conan game trilogy from CDPR, preferably with young Arnold likeness and voice. Its another richly detailed setting with a lot of well-defined characters.

sapkowski needs a job. even at 70 he's hungry for money. This is the last good years of his life and poland needs tax revenuf. Please throw money at him for an open world, write about the different schools, anything. strife, peace, war, tech vs magic, any theme will do. get what you can out of this man despite the controversies he is a magician. We need everything we can from him and there must be a witcher 4. I would quit my career to help make it happen . god bless poland.

Personally, I'd love another witcher game. It doesn't matter who the main char is. I just wanna go on more adventures in the witcher world.

To be fair, I'd love a new expansion, with additions to the main storyline, like Iorveth char or the last fight with Avallach.. all those bits that have been cut. Also, I'd like to see dlc characters, like Olgierd or Regis, added to the recruitable ones for Kaer Morhen battle and Unseen Elder as an uber boss (like Operator in TW2 or headhunter in TW1).

TW4 is a must but as CDPR have stated, Geralt's story is done.

I think a prequel of sorts would be best going back 100 years or so to when all the monstors were running wild and Witchers were first created. Maybe you could be one of the Witchers that dies in the Kaer Morhen massacre.

TW4 will happen, we just have to wait and see what it's about.

Guest 3847602

Whatever they decide to do with the setting or story, I just hope to see some castles that are not in ruins. TW3 featured about 20 fortresses and all except Kaer Trolde were wrecks.

I just hope to see some castles that are not in ruins.
Here, here! I've also had occasion to lament the ruinous condition of the local architecture -- even in Toussaint, where one would think there'd be at least one sound castle. It would be grand to see a few more functional strongholds, before they crumble into need of extensive structural reinforcement.

Perhaps a prequel would be the best choice, in such case. . .

Top Bottom