Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
Here, here! I've also had occasion to lament the ruinous condition of the local architecture -- even in Toussaint, where one would think there'd be at least one sound castle. It would be grand to see a few more functional strongholds, before they crumble into need of extensive structural reinforcement.

Perhaps a prequel would be the best choice, in such case. . .
Agreed

RDR2 is a great example of how well prequels can work.

But in reality it wouldn't really be a prequel in the sense that it won't be Geralt's story, so it's just a new game set a few hundred years earlier.

It is a shame that we couldn't see more of Geralt as there's a lot more I'd like to know.

It is a shame that we couldn't see more of Geralt as there's a lot more I'd like to know.
Indeed. I've always thought it rather ironic that the REDs decided to end their story of Geralt with a game which won the Witcher greater recognition with a broader audience; many of whom discovered Geralt's adventures for the first time, and were eager for more, once they reached the finish. Also, I'd say Wild Hunt and the Expansions offer a far more personal, 'human' (approachable, even?), intriguing portrayal of Geralt than the previous games. All in all, I'd wager more than a few newcomers -- and some veterans as well -- were disappointed to see the tale end just as it seemed to have begun.

Indeed. I've always thought it rather ironic that the REDs decided to end their story of Geralt with a game which won the Witcher greater recognition with a broader audience; many of whom discovered Geralt's adventures for the first time, and were eager for more, once they reached the finish. Also, I'd say Wild Hunt and the Expansions offer a far more personal, 'human' (approachable, even?), intriguing portrayal of Geralt than the previous games. All in all, I'd wager more than a few newcomers -- and some veterans as well -- were disappointed to see the tale end just as it seemed to have begun.

Good point! The Geralt portrayed in TW1 and TW2 was a bit more one-note. TW3 played more levels.

Ay, and it helped a wee bit to have his memory back, too.

Lol...probably! :LOL:

Although I played the Witcher 2 before W3, I think for many newcomers TW3 would be their first game. After playing the game I spent quite a bit of time looking online for people who summarized the books and learnt a bit more that way. To be able to play the events myself would be much better though.

I would say it would be quite a challenge to make content for Geralt after the events of W3 but going back in time to explore a young Geralt, learn how and why he came to ride with the Wild Hunt and see what it was like when the world was full of Witcher's would be great.

Witcher 4, let us explore the story of the wild hunt! Maybe play as the masked mage (eredins predicesor?) And the story of how that happened... or something

I'm on board with creating new worlds. The Witcher is dope, but these are some creative guys. I'd love to see what they can invent from nothing rather than adapting an existing IP.

The answer is YES.
Speaking for myself, at some point in the following years, if we get a Witcher 4 with Geralt as the main protagonist I will cry with joy.

I'm a great Witcher fan (books and games), but I hope they rather make something new. What I hate most in movie industry are all these remakes and endless sequels. Sometimes it's the right thing to move on no matter how great the ride was.

I really, really, really hope CDPR will not make a sequel to Witcher 3, especially not with Geralt in lead.
Those characters had their adventures. Let Geralt, Ciri, Yennefer and all the others rest.

Maybe a prequel, way, way earlier than the story of the books ('short' after the Conjunction of the Spheres for example). Maybe where you create your own witcher, who is different from school to school.

But I don't want to see this franchise milked like many other franchises before. Now you love it and later when it gets out of hand most people dislike it, and I don't want this for Witcher.

Last edited:
A witcher game would be awesome where we could create our own character and even if we aren’t geralt anymore he could be our mentor

I vote for a sequel. The characters, especially Geralt, and their stories have a huge room for further development. A sequel is genuinely not a copycat or a quick way to cash in some money. It is a lot more than that. Unfortunately, due to the live examples of some of the current game franchises the idea of a sequel became ordinarily a copycat or just to amass money. However, Witcher is an extraordinary game that has a story that goes beyond what is currently taken for granted about sequels. The potentials of the game's story events are like no other in terms of developing a sequel.

Instead of thinking about the first conjunction of spheres, why not focus on the one that happened in Witcher 3? I mean we saw how it happened and had a brief look of its consequences, so what is the point of making a whole game on the first Conjunction while we already have a new one that definitely brought along with it different kinds of creatures and perils that did not exist in the first Conjunction.

Why seeing the world when it was full of witchers is only possible in a game that is set in the past? We can also witness this in a sequel, and what's even better is that we can get to see how the witchers would rise again from hardship to prosperity.

And there are many other things that people think of from a past perspective that can be simply explored in flashbacks like Ciri's missions.

It is time to leave the past events of the Witcher as references and begin to shape its future.

I don't think Geralt should be the protagonist of the next Witcher game, but he would be awesome as a cameo.

"Wake the #@%& up, witcher. We got a ghoul nest to burn."

Absolutely. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the main protagonist being someone other than Geralt, but I trust CDPR.

Top Bottom