Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
Since The Witcher 3 was Geralt's final adventure, a Ciri game in the Witcher world is the way to go. Please CDPR!!!

We will still get to see Geralt and all our beloved characters.

Last edited:
Do we want Witcher 4? no!
A new Dark Fantasy Medieval Rpg? Yes!!!
01. Charakter Editor M/F
02. Backstory (to choose)
03. Attributes (Vitality, Endurance, Willpower, Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Charisma)
04. Skills (One-Handed, Two-handed, Shield, Dual Wielding, Magic, Stealth, Pickpocket, Lockpicking,
Dodge, Alchemy, Crafting, Diplomacy)
05. Dialogue Choices with social skills
06. Non-linear Story with multiple Endings
07. Weapons (One-hand Sword, Axe, Dagger, Shield, Wand, Longsword, Battle Axe, Spear, Bow)
i expect this after Cyberpunk 2077:smart:

Witcher 4, Cyberpunk 4144, I don't care, we just need more Open World RPGs from CDPR.
Feels like Witcher 3 ended on a good note though with Geralt, perhaps with Ciri as some suggested here.

I want a game like Morrowind ( but with nordic landscape) with Char-Editor, attributes, classes, skills, perks, social skills. Real rpg and not action adventure

Guest 3847602

I want a game like Morrowind ( but with nordic landscape) with Char-Editor, attributes, classes, skills, perks, social skills. Real rpg and not action adventure
So, basically - Skyrim that doesn't suck?

I want Witcher 4 and as much as I enjoyed playing Geralt, I feel like the franchise has brought him to a good place to move on and it is time to move the lore forward. Even Ciri has to much pre-defined lore that would prevent the franchise to really start a fresh experience in a new Witcher title. Lord knows how much this new TV show will ruin them even worst.

Like I mentioned in another thread, maybe the timeline moves forward. Geralt is an old man who is still training Witchers, but the new protagonist would be Ciri's son. Trained by Geralt to enter the Witchers life, despite Geralts reservations, he struggles with his new vocation and his need for revenge for the murder of his mother (includes a playable chapter as the aged Ciri, through the mission that led to her death).

This new faction who is responsible for the murder of Ciri would be totally new to the series and a new map, requiring travel as part of the challenge. I would really like to see this faction to be magic based, requiring more of the arcane to battle. I would also like to see a new skill line added to this timeline to include basic firearms and more magic.

That said, I really want the Witcher 4 to be true to the Witcher series and CDPR's style of RPG, not a TES game on steroids made by CDPR. But I have little fear of that, as CDPR are excellent at standing on their own feet as a dev. Please don't go down the deep crafting and building routes with this game and keep what makes the Witcher great at the forefront of the gameplay!

Last edited:
Yeas i do!

However I want a prequel game. Starting date is when the mages/wizards create the first witchers. So one will be playing as one of the first witchers.

If we are talking about a sequel. Then maybe a new Conjunction of the Spheres could happen ? Some magical creature starts it. Then the need for witchers would be great and kingdoms and empires will finance them.

Also i would not say no to a city building game in the witcher world.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be opposed to any of the options to be honest. A new witcher game, if done right, would be awesome, but I am wholly satisfied with where Witcher 3 leaves off as well.

I am not quite sure that I understand the idea of these characters earned their rest, planning the Witcher as a trilogy, etc... I mean these statements really blurs the vision of creativity.

I am going to share some thoughts of mine that at a first glance might totally not make sense with this thread, so please bear with me.

Let's say someone is moving to a new home, and that someone is planning to make his new bedroom as a small one, but the idea here is not just the size of the room, rather, it's the contents that he will fill his new room with. So if he is about to move many contents that the planned size of the new room is simply not enough for these contents, then he will need to either expand the size of the room or dispose some of the contents. Of course he can move the extra contents to another room, that is filled with different types of contents, but that will make the already existing contents in that different room not fitting with the contents that he could place in his bedroom, which will make the overall look of the room unappealing.

This also works the other way around, moving small amount of contents into a large room will make the size of that room as a waste because that extra size could've been invested in something else.

So saying that The Witcher is pictured as a trilogy or that its characters had their enough share of the game is not really the case here. It's the amount of contents that can be filled into the game. And, in my opinion, a trilogy is a small sized room compared to the heaps of potential contents in Geralt's story setting.

The small framework of a trilogy even caused some contents to be not fitting together. For example, naming W3 as the Wild Hunt gave me the feeling that I about to face a series of epic encounters with the Wild Hunt. Finally, after all these years. But after finishing the game, I felt that I entered a room with mixed contents that do not fit together. The Wild Hunt, Ciri, Yennefer, Avallac'h, the White frost. I mean how these contents fit together? So the way I see it is that the limited size of a trilogy made the creators to look for another room that's already filled with other, and different, contents in the Witcher universe and try to fit it with the game's setting. And this is of course due to the small framework of a trilogy.

And this is also happen in other games and movies where the creators introduce new characters or events and make the game/movie circulate around them, and may even name the game/movie on these characters/events like Arkham Knight or War for the Planet of the Apes, for no apparent reason because they simply do not fit with the original setting.

That is why the MCU is that much successful because the contents were so vast that cannot be limited in the framework of trilogy, tetralogy, pentalogy, etc... And instead went into phases that provided a lot more room for further character development. So it's not the case anymore to limit certain characters with limited releases, rather, it's to trying to fit the contents together to further develop the characters and events until they reach their full potential. That's why Civil War can be considered as Iron Man 4 because the creators did not limit themselves to the episodic nature of works and relied on the contextual aspects of the MCU events.

Maybe Witcher should follow a similar phase system in order to provide more room for further development of characters and events and achieve different gaming styles. Of course there are financial, time, and technical limitations that can force the creators to leave something out in exchange for something else.

But, personally, I see that leaving Geralt's setting for good will be a significant waste for the Witcher's universe. The most intriguing aspect for me is the consequences of defeating the last crone in W3. The idea of fighting beside the same monsters who we thought were dangerous and must be eliminated is a strong turning point. One can start to realize this in Something Ends Something Begins as Geralt witnessed the bad condition of Berem, the dying she-wolf, and the dead cubs which are all a result of humans' monstrosity. We never saw the other side of the story, of the "monsters". When Weavess told Geralt that these creatures are waiting to avenge their brethren who were killed just for money it reflects that these creatures are in agony for losing their families who were just trying to survive.

There other highly potential aspects that can be implemented in a sequel, but I guess the post now went extra long that I might need another "room" for :D

To be honest i love the witcher 3 and if they were to just keep on adding DLCs and extra content to the witcher 3 i would be perfectly happy with that. New quests, new maps, mutations, weapons, HORSES, abilities and so on and so forth that would be dope.

I'm really looking forward to play the next witcher game, either with Geralt or another cool male character. since as far as I know there's not a single female witcher in the books and Ciri hadn't undergone the mutation either.

btw I can't vote, what do I miss?

I'm really looking forward to play the next witcher game, either with Geralt or another cool male character. since as far as I know there's not a single female witcher in the books and Ciri hadn't undergone the mutation either.

btw I can't vote, what do I miss?
I agree, there is no way the main character will be female, I would like a male character and there is no way Ciri will be the main character in witcher 4 as she is not a real witcher, would be cool to play Geralt again
Post automatically merged:

I would love a witcher 4, playing as Geralt or another legendary witcher, if you are wondering then no Ciri won't be the main character in the witcher 4 as she is not a real witcher and after witcher 3 im pretty sure she goes on a different path, it is very likely the main character will be male and witcher, in 2018 CDPR were deciding if they should do a witcher 4, in 2019 they decided to make another awesome witcher game that will come out in 2021, so yes it's pretty official that a new game is coming, i hope i helped if you have any questions reply to my comment and i will try to answer

Last edited:
in 2019 they decided to make another awesome witcher game that will come out in 2021
No, they have not announced anything like that -- there is exactly no official news about such a thing. You're probably talking about the plan for 2016-2021, which has gotten a lot of publicity, but it in no way confirms there will be a new Witcher game out in 2021.

My uncle works at Nintendo CDPR and he let me play Wincher 4 but I can't show you because it's secret so don't tell anyone!

I'm somewhat conflicted because though I'd love to get more game content to play as Geralt, I did already play The Witcher 3 all the way till the end (Blood and Wine) and do feel like the storyline has a good conclusion as-is.

If they decided to make new games, and to have you play as Geralt, I hope it'd take place in an earlier timeline or something rather than continue where we left off

I don't think Geralt should be the protagonist of the next Witcher game, but he would be awesome as a cameo.

Totally agree with you. May be by choosing from several characters it would be interesting to play different stories added in to one main story line.

I would like W4 to be a dark fantasy but as the war goes it wouldn't have the emphasis on it. So, political intrigue would be in the game but not as main story but as a consequence of much darker, cruel and fantastical narrative which could involve several factions.

The centerpoint of the W4 would be telling a great fantasy story.

I would like new stealth system along new magical signs and expanded sign system.
Yes, and maybe to play several stories from different sides of main story conflict.

I would like W4 to be a dark fantasy but as the war goes it wouldn't have the emphasis on it. So, political intrigue would be in the game but not as main story but as a consequence of much darker, cruel and fantastical narrative which could involve several factions.

And the theme of bounty hunters as in the Mandalorian would be desirable too.

I also want new mechanics in new game as evolution of witchers arsenal and in environment too. More preparation with ammunition and self training.

Last edited:
To be honest, I would love to play another Witcher game, BUT it would a rather difficult task to accomplish for CDPR.

The story of Geralt concluded at the end of the Witcher 3 and playing
Ciri as the protagonist wouldn't make much sense, since she was already powerful at the end of Witxher 3 and would become way to op later on.

The best Choice for CDPR, IMO, would be to create an original IP or to focus on another book series like 'The Wheel of time' and make a game based on that.

Top Bottom