Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
Maybe I will get scolded but why not focus on an era way before Geralt? When the human race just created the Witchers and they had all the work in the world? Potential not only for RGP but also CO-OP or even MMO style.

I agree that if CDPR decides to return to the Witcher Universe, this would be the best way to go. Avoid the existing cast of characters completely. Their story is done. Completely new cast, the early days of Witchers, etc. I think would work much more gracefully.

I agree that if CDPR decides to return to the Witcher Universe, this would be the best way to go. Avoid the existing cast of characters completely. Their story is done. Completely new cast, the early days of Witchers, etc. I think would work much more gracefully.

If they bring in the "multiplayer factor" somehow, this is the only way, no doubt! I don't play any MMO so I don't know how can storytelling work in those type of games. CDPR has great strength at story and I wonder how can they take the advantage of that in an MMO RPG. How can you avoid that a prick player ruin you game? Or the new Witcher game must be a full open world with smaller tasks? So I don't know how can they combine multiplayer with storytelling.

If they bring in the "multiplayer factor" somehow, this is the only way, no doubt! I don't play any MMO so I don't know how can storytelling work in those type of games. CDPR has great strength at story and I wonder how can they take the advantage of that in an MMO RPG. How can you avoid that a prick player ruin you game? Or the new Witcher game must be a full open world with smaller tasks? So I don't know how can they combine multiplayer with storytelling.

I think it would be possible to do multiplayer in the form of detailed "Wicther Contracts". Sort of like the Lambert quests from TW3 (no spoilers). So, one wicther (Player 1) is investigating one thing, other witchers (Players 2, 3, etc.) are investigating other things, and their paths cross.

At that point, witchers may find themselves teaming up, going their separate ways, racing to complete the contract first, or winding up as enemies, all based on player choice. I'd release "Contracts" as stand-alone chapters. Lots of story, lots of research and investigation, multiple outcomes, etc. Players could play through multiple times for different experiences.

If there were "schools" of witchers forming, this could be an organic, macro mechanic. If, say, players that side with the School of the Hawk tend to team up with players from the School of the Hart, then there might be added incentives and perks to work together (access to specialized gear and such...maybe mutagens). If however, players around the world between the two schools tend to be at odds more regularly, then maybe bounties will be placed on players from the opposing school. Capturing a player or defeating them (not necessarily killing them) might offer political bonuses in various lands (free passage into cities...or bonuses for contracts completed in "friendly" lands).

As with most things, there's plenty of opportunity for both narrative and emergent storytelling, I think. If set in the early days, when witchers were "figuring things out", I think it would also make sense for things to be rather messy and unstable between witchers themselves.

I voted for the Geralt, but other predefined character would be great too.
I'd like to copy here some ideas I posted on that forum some time ago (https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...for-witcher-franchise.11027714/#post-11913599):
__

Hi CD Project!

I've been playing your Witcher series games since the very beginning, enjoyed it a lot (enjoyed the next one more than the previous) and now the time when I can't hold my valuable opinion anymore is came.

On some interview it was mentioned that you might not want to use the same Witcher 3 engine to tell a new similar story. As a fan I say that I would like to see the next game or story on Witcher 3 engine and I'm pretty sure that I will like it a lot and I'm also sure that there are huge numbers of fans who think likewise.

Nevertheless, I also would like to share some ideas that come to my mind (although I can't guarantee that you haven't consider them already):

- "Ofir adventures" - an adventure of the witcher in the lands of Ofir and Zerrikania, new plot, new schemes, new enemies, new challenges, new weapon (there are not much curved steel swords in game and no curved silver, like the moonblade in Witcher 1). Together with a totally new area it is still possible to introduce few old characters ...

- "Higher vampires" - Wine and Blood have shown that a single Higher vampire is the threat for a city, maybe even for a small country and even a powerful mage might not been able to destroy one. Is it wise to live in illusion that higher vampire terror will never happen again and there will always be a strong wither or mage to stop him and another friendly vampire to destroy? And to hope that you would never meet the vampire Elder...

It could be the story that start with some old vampire returning from the grave and starting to hunt again. The Main Character may discover that this vampire was already slayed few times (maybe Vesemir did it once too in his early days) but become stronger and stronger with the time. And it is time for witchers, mages, alchemists to create an ultimate weapon against vampires that can really stop them. Dimeritium swords and armor, burn-to-ashes oils, be-stronger-and-faster-than-vampire-elder elixirs - you name it.

- "Another witcher" - Geralt is the most famous witcher, but not the only one. Eskel or Lambert can have their own adventures and own friends (Lambert might be accompanied by Keyra Metz). All witchers have different personality, so even quests that would have an obvious outcome for Geralt could be totally different.

- "Not a witcher at all" - the Witcher 3 has a lots of sword-fighting and other fighting, but the game does not comprise only that. You have a non-linear dialogues and quests, investigations, exploring etc. It is a good tool to make a detective or an adventure, for example Shani trying to cure an important patient, trying to find a source of an illness while establishing and managing the medical school somewhere in Toissant. Or your majordomo, Barnabas-Basil Foulty, managing Corvo Blanco while one of Geralt's friends is staying there during Geralt absence.

Someone might say that it will be turning franchise into a money-pump and selling the same game one more time, but I would say that we, fans, haven't had enough of Witcher 3 yet.

Yes, I want Witcher 4 even if it does not follow Geralt. I just want more of the universe.

I don't care about Cyberpunk. It is another genre.

Go for Singleplayer The Witcher 4 or as an MMO such as Elder Scrolls Online. They also had Skyrim and then went MMO. You would have thousands and thousands of customers even on subscription base. The books give alot of material to transform them to DLC`s.

And...get Shani back, she still has 70 years to live :)

Last edited:
Yes. Carrying on with the basic story so far and the ability of having one or more of existing characters as a companion.

Yeah, with Geralt. Predictable, maybe, but I loved that character and I believe his story wasn't fully fleshed out in witcher 3 due to all the Ciri stuff. There's much more to explore about him, with him. He's not nearly as emotionless as he first seems, for example, and he isn't some superpowerful super idealistic character like Ciri either, Geralt's more of a commoner which makes me like him more.

Geralt should go on his most dark, harrowing and dangerous journey yet and die as a witcher should...

an epic ending with the current voice actor who is highly recognizable Doug Cockle having one last go at it like John Marston's voice actor Rob Wiethoff returning in red dead redemption 2

Last edited:
I love Geralt soooo much, but like a lot of others here, I feel like his story has ended gracefully, and I'm not sure I could enjoy another game with him as the protagonist. I could probably enjoy another DLC, though, to be honest. And if Geralt isn't the protagonist, is it really a Witcher game anymore? I mean, I kinda feel that way about the last Wolfenstein game, Youngblood. Without BJ as the lead playable character, I couldn't make myself get interested.
Post automatically merged:

Geralt should go on his most dark, harrowing and dangerous journey yet and die as a witcher should...

an epic ending with the current voice actor who is highly recognizable Doug Cockle having one last go at it like John Marston's voice actor Rob Wiethoff returning in red dead redemption 2
Not sure I agree about your take on a new Witcher game, but definitely agree about Rob Wiethoff in RDR2. That was so, so satisfying! :)

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

UPDATE: The second option is not phrased as clearly as I wanted. It means predefined character created by CDP or Sapkowski, therefore it can include Ciri. If you want next Witcher game to star Ciri, the second option is for that.

The other topic regarding this question is missing one important option in the poll, so here is a new one.
I saw this thread posted over on the polish forum, figured it would be nice to see international results too.
This is regarding the future of Witcher franchise AFTER the updates, DLCs and expansions - regarding the possible full Witcher game.
Vote for what you would like to see the most.

Here is the link to original polish thread:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/1906-Chcemy-Wiedźmina-4-ankieta
Yes

Hello guys,hello CD project Red, please watch this video from Evoice Erebus on YouTube. Its about Alexandra Tokaryuk the girl who develop the new DLC for Witcher 3 its named Sands of Ofir (this was her Diploma). Please hire Alexandra Tokaryuk(Александра Токарюк). Maybe this can be in The Witcher 4 or Witcher online.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna be satisfied until we meet Francesca at least once...

there are so many charcaters in the books that have not been used,there's a lot of material.
Maybe it's in the past and we'll see the something before Geralt's game version.
As for a witcher, I seriously hope it wn't be a customizble nobody wih no personality...

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

UPDATE: The second option is not phrased as clearly as I wanted. It means predefined character created by CDP or Sapkowski, therefore it can include Ciri. If you want next Witcher game to star Ciri, the second option is for that.

The other topic regarding this question is missing one important option in the poll, so here is a new one.
I saw this thread posted over on the polish forum, figured it would be nice to see international results too.
This is regarding the future of Witcher franchise AFTER the updates, DLCs and expansions - regarding the possible full Witcher game.
Vote for what you would like to see the most.

Here is the link to original polish thread:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/1906-Chcemy-Wiedźmina-4-ankieta
I've almost completed the main campaign, I know, I know, it's taking me long enough, right?! I just get caught up playing the new games as they come out.

I'd enjoy another Witcher with any of the options you listed. Playing as Ciri would be interesting and she could be made more complex, which is the main reason why some don't want her to be the lead. Geralt though is by far the deepest character I've played in a video game in awhile. Part of that is the excellent story telling put together by CDPR.

Top Bottom