Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
id like to feel the Slavic theme more then what they tried to do on TW3
the music, the enviorment, the greety and dark feeling the atmosphere, i even prefered chapters maps and not whole world to explore just becuse its mainstream
i dont wanna antagonist that is pure evil, i want one with reasons that he will that make his enviroment better
i want slavic music and less westren feeling! i wanna feel threatened when im exploring the night like in TW1
dont get me wrong i love CDRP but there witcher root are pretty lost
hope there next game will pull audiance to the root of the witcher game and less Game of Thronish game

Since it is already clear that no one will ever make normal edits to fencing for The Witcher 3, I would like the authors in the development of The Witcher 4 to take into account not only the factor of the spectacle of the battles, but also their realism. The weakest point in vanilla of all three parts of the Witcher's games is a naive attachment to radial swings and ballet jumps around its axis. Hundreds of times, different people involved in the reconstruction of historical styles of fencing have written in different forums about the senselessness of these rotation of the character around them. Firstly, the radial swing takes a few seconds longer than a direct strike, and seconds in a battle are everything. Secondly, the witcher, making this ridiculous turn around himself, at the same time turns his back to the enemy, which in a real battle would lead to defeat instantly. Such a pirouette is needed when the player (not the game) decides to change the target of the attack and attack another enemy. But in The Witcher 3, Geralt performs these ridiculous pirouettes constantly without any purpose.
One good author made the necessary edits to the combat in this wonderful game, but, unfortunately, did not complete the job and they are not available to users separately from the huge assembly of mods that completely rewrite the game beyond recognition.
I hope that our highly respected writers series of games would draw conclusions from this if they ever develop and continue this amazing series.

In the game, only Geralt should be in the main role! Without Geralt, it won't be a Witcher anymore ! Also in the game, two sorceresses play a key role - Yennifer and Triss. Without them, the continuation of the game simply does not make sense. Remember the words of Sigismund Dijkstra, he said that lovers will do anything for each other. The Witcher game is not just a sword swing, it's a love story ! And if the developers in the future game will remove all the key characters, in my opinion, it will be a failure ! Personally, i, and many fans too, really missed the witcher. After all, the world of the Witcher is huge, there are so many territories that you can explore ! and as many people say that geralt's story is over, i don't agree with that! wild hunt was ciri's story. Remember at the end of the game Ciri said - this is my story and I have to finish it! Geralt's story is yet to come. I hope we'll see Geralt, Yennefer, Triss and their love story again someday! We also miss Jaskier and Zoltan... and all over the Witcher's world.

Sorry for my English, translated through translator.

After TW3, it was a great ending to the trilogy, and emotional. I don't know if I want a TW4 and bring Geralt back. I'd want another Witcher Tales to explore the other schools, or even Lambert and Eskel of the Wolf School.

After TW3, it was a great ending to the trilogy, and emotional. I don't know if I want a TW4 and bring Geralt back. I'd want another Witcher Tales to explore the other schools, or even Lambert and Eskel of the Wolf School.

The story of Ciri is over, but not Geralt ! At the end of the game, Ciri said that this is her story and she should finish it. There are many territories that can be shown in 4 parts. And there must be Geralt and other main characters-Yennifer, Triss and others.

Oh, I've never posted an opinion in this one. Time to fix that. :p

CDPR have said Geralt's story is over, and taking into account Blood & Wine I'm perfectly fine with that. Let him enjoy a more peaceful rest of his life, he's earned it.

Definitely don't want the franchise to have come to end though, and I'm sure I saw some interview or article where they said there will be more.
I'd prefer a predefined a character again (not necessarily one from the books), because I think it would feel weird to create a custom character in a Witcher universe setting. Can't really explain why that is, because I'm not sure I know myself, though.

There is a lot that could still be explored in the universe and used as a setting: different areas on the map, different eras, etc.

Minor Witcher 3 spoilers:
Ciri pretty much admits to traveling to a world very much like Cyberpunk 2077's during her world-hopping adventures. Flying cars, cybernetics, etc. That would make for an interesting CP77 DLC.

Oh, I've never posted an opinion in this one. Time to fix that. :p

CDPR have said Geralt's story is over, and taking into account Blood & Wine I'm perfectly fine with that. Let him enjoy a more peaceful rest of his life, he's earned it.

Definitely don't want the franchise to have come to end though, and I'm sure I saw some interview or article where they said there will be more.
I'd prefer a predefined a character again (not necessarily one from the books), because I think it would feel weird to create a custom character in a Witcher universe setting. Can't really explain why that is, because I'm not sure I know myself, though.

There is a lot that could still be explored in the universe and used as a setting: different areas on the map, different eras, etc.

Without Geralt, this will not be the world we are used to and missed. There are a lot of open world games where you can swing a sword and kill monsters. But we love Geralt and everyone who accompanied him on his difficult journey. I can't imagine the Witcher game without Geralt, Yennefer, Triss, Jaskier, Zoltan and others.

Without Geralt, this will not be the world we are used to and missed.
True, Geralt is the iconic Witcher, whom many players adore. However, since he likely won't appear in another game, a new protagonist could possibly share some of his most endearing characteristics, if this could be done without making a mere copy of the White Wolf.

I would be very very much !! If the main character in 4 was Jennefer, I would be in cloud nine; D I've recently started watching a series and it's the doubts with Jen that I like the most

A customizable character similar to V where you can have multiple backstories to choose from could be very interesting.

Truly I don't know so I didn't vote. Why ? Because I think they lose their magic touch after CP2077.

There are too many unknown variables :
- Don't know what TW3 is using , but if CDRP will use the Jali (from CP2077 ) : Hell no ! because I'm deaf and I take real pleasure to read the lips when they talk (with subtitle of course ) in TW3...
- Cut-scene when they talk and No free FPV , Ineed to see my character talking ( see above )
- Main story must have the same or bigger length then TW3 and it must be a hell of a good story, I'm no joking about this, otherwise I will end up thinking that CDRP is trying to exploit the vein ( like Bioware wtih their ME and DA).

(When I read my post it looks like CP2077 rocked me more than I thought)

Top Bottom