Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
There is already a poll up which is pretty much identical to this one. Also, you do not give the option to have a Witcher 4 with an existing character other than Geralt, e.g. Ciri. I would like that very much.

As for Geralt returning, I think he might make cameo appearances, but CDPR has already said that the Witcher 3 is the conclusion to his story.

The other poll was more about expansions than sequel itself, and I wanted to create this poll to emulate the polish one, to see what the results will be.
Regarding Ciri, the second option is for her. Maybe I phrased it badly there with "new predefined character" - I mean new as in we never played as him (or her) before, not new as in newly created. So if you want to play as Ciri, the second option is for that.

As for CDP saying TW3 is his last rodeo, well, opinions can always change, people can reconsider..

Nope, the story's over, and I am very, very satisfied with the endings for it.

Waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 now. Witcher 4 would just delay it.
The hypothetical Witcher 4 we are talking about here would probably happen after Cyberpunk, for sure.

No Ciri option, fail poll.

See my answer to sevean above. I wrote "by sapkowski" specifically so people could understand it means Ciri or any character from books they want.

Yeah, I can't really agree with that. I mean, sure, maybe she does not have 100 years of age like Geralt or Yennefer, but come on.

Anyway, personally I would like to play Geralt again the most - he is just too great a protagonist, and at 100 years he is not that old, there is plenty of time for more adventures in those bones of his. But I would be fine with Ciri too, I like her. They would have to figure out what to do about her powers though.
Its probably not a popular opinion, i get that. But what is it that people find so interesting about her?
I liked Ciri, i cared about her because Geralt cared. But thats all. I just dont feel she has potential to be the protagonist.
Dont get me wrong i have nothing against another Witcher game, after Cyberpunk.
Just like people said, more then the already confirmed 2 expansions or another Witcher game would
delay Cyberpunk 2077 further. Im glad CDPR stated that they want to do and try something fresh.

For the near future I'd really like CDPR to just focus on CP2077, maybe a new IP after that one. I'm all for spinoffs like The Adventure Game or the Battle Arena though, but when it comes to big AAA RPGs, imho let the Witcher saga rest for now, it's on a high note.

I think it's too soon to consider to be honest, their next game will be Cyberpunk 2077 which is probably only now ramping into full production which means it's a few years off, and whatever they decide to create after that even more years off. It's too soon to really hope for or expect a fourth Witcher game but I do hope they revisit it one day, in the meantime focus heavily on expanding The Witcher 3.

Also I feel that in order for Ciri to work as a protagonist you would have to create some deus ex machina to severely limit her powers. She can teleport anywhere she chooses, even other worlds, and while not as trained/skilled as Geralt is far more deadly a warrior. There's already some issues brought to the table with the power fantasy of playing Geralt being he's too strong/skilled/knowledgeable so I can just see this expounding on the issue with her as a protagonist.

Like i have said in other poll concerning this topic. I just want more expansions to witcher 3. Witcher 3 is the end of the series and this is fine. No need to more. I don't like to recycle universe and world after a big story end. This game was the end of The witcher's adventures and i deal with it. BUT i don't say no to more countries like tretogor, cintra or Kovir etc... (zerrikania interrested me too but the map seems to focus on northern kingdoms)

Yes I do. I still haven't see Dol Blathanna or Francesca Findabair. I was hoping this game would cover that, but it hasn't yet. Maybe in the expansions. Love to know what happened to my Elf-bro Iorveth and Saskia.

They should definitely consider it. If they ever get the urge to dive back into fantasy, they need not make a "Witcher" game precisely. They could set a game in the world of the Witcher but featuring a non-Witcher. That said my personal preference is either a set Witcher created by CDPR like Letho, or Ciri. I'd also like to go see someplace that we haven't been in Geralt's trilogy, no more Temeria please!

If you really want more games with Geralt I'd like to see Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the Witcher 3 engine.
Yep, upon the releases of newest Redkit, hopefully if not CDPR, modders joins together for making The Witcher 1 remake + any new quests they would like to added. That would be a super mega enhanced edition, Or better yet, A quests and stories from the novels!
I would really love to involve in this kind of projects, if there is any in the future . . .

I voted No. I do want more Witcher but I am still reading the books and I do not want The Witcher games to lose meaning and value by becoming one of those games where the developer almost must make another one, just to survive because nobody recognises them for anything else. Consoles seem to be guilty of this by making more halo, uncharted and god of war games. There has to come a time where a game has it's day and the developers move on.

Voted no, I'd rather see new IPs, I'm very happy with how the triolgy played out and I can't imagine the sequel to be on par with it
I would still totally buy if it came out tho :p

Yes

Witcher 3 is by far the best open world RPG I've ever played and I've pretty much played them all going back to the late 1980's. Witcher 3 REALLY perfected open world, great quests, great characters, great writing, great exploration.

It would be a shame to not have another one after someone finally perfected it.

Yes and No. I'd definitely want a new Witcher game, but in the far future (~10 years) since they already did a trilogy and haven't done anything else. They should do new IPs like Cyberpunk 2077 and let the Witcher take a break.

No. It's like chocolate, it's good, adictive and never tired of it but... it can harm and stunt CDPR creativity.

And CDPR is able of much more.

No. It's like chocolate, it's good, adictive and never tired of it but... it can harm and stunt CDPR creativity.

And CDPR is able of much more.

Are you saying what I think you're saying? That CDPR can get "fat" from creating too much Witcher content? :cheers2:

lol - but I get you. And I hear you.

Are you saying what I think you're saying? That CDPR can get "fat" from creating too much Witcher content? :cheers2:

lol - but I get you. And I hear you.

I get fat with Witcher saga, in my sofa, hours... and hours... and more hours!!!! Wait!... Shouldn't happen the same to me with any other CDPR's game? :hmm:

One thing to point out...
for many, many people (especially console playstation people), Witcher 3 is their first encounter with Geralt.
I would not be surprised if many of them were voting for new game with Geralt :)
Though personally I want to play as Geralt too, and I have been immersed in this universe since 1999.
Which is why, I suppose. There are so many more places I would love to see recreated in CDP's splendid talent - Dol Blathanna, or Brokilon, or Cintra, or Kovir, Or Zerrikania..
I would be frankly lot more interested to stay in this universe than to play games with new IPs/worlds.

But I understand that CDP themselves are probably quite tired of Witcher and want a change...Cyberpunk should be good for that :)

I get fat with Witcher saga, in my sofa, hours... and hours... and more hours!!!! Wait!... Shouldn't happen the same to me with any other CDPR's game? :hmm:

Not if you vote for Witcher 4 with Ciri. Look how slim she is! Surely some of it must rub off. :ball:

Top Bottom