Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
Reposting from another thread:
When thay decide to get back to the witcher series I think they will be posed with a dilemma. On the one hand they have an already established cast of characters to whom many people find themselves attached to in one way or another. Launching a new witcher title with Geralt as the main protagonist is a great way to lure people back to the franchise, but at the same time we should understand this:

The team which developed the 3 games must be burned out from working 10+ years on the same franchise. Fans see it as 3 games, perhaps it takes fans 500 hours to play all 3 games with all possible twists in them and mostly fans are having fun, but the team behind it have put in intense work. A Burned out team can lack motivation to keep working on the same franchise which translates into lower quality and the last games (even though I haven't played the first two) have been synonymous with quality. If the same team were to work on the 4th title right off the bat then we could see an iconic character be ruined.

The other option is that a new team is recruited so that the original focuses on Cyberpunk 2077 and the new team keeps working on the Witcher series, but who knows how much that would cost, perhaps it is not feasible for CD Projekt Red to attempt it, perhaps we will see it. I guess one of the factors is how much money they can make in X amount of time by selling Wild Hunt copies.

I wouldn't mind if somehow they can keep working on the series, as long as it doesn't become a yearly rehash like Assassin's Creed has become. Rather wait 2 or 3 years per entry so that quality reamains high.

As for Geralt reamaining as a main protagonist regardless of the supposed end of his story... yeah I'd like to see more to be honest, but at the same time it'd be cool to see a new cast of characters... I get the reluctance to have a new protagonist, after all Geralt has become a franchise and I also get the eagerness to see a new protagonist. This reminds me of the Doctor Who series, I got attached to a Doctor and when the time for regeneration came I was reluctant on the first episodes, I kept thinkng: "Why on earth", but after while I got to like the new Doctor... then an even new one came lol.

Having a new protagonist can have long term benefits... let's say this new protagonist becomes as beloved as Geralt, a new beloved protagonist who happens to find himself/herself in the same world as Geralt.... oh the possibilities story wise, two epic characters clashing or maybe working together or both...

So yeah I'd like to see a new entry at some point, but for now let's see how Wild Hunt keeps evolving with the expansions, fixes and patches, perhaps we'll see an Enhanced Edition too.

Another witcher (except Vesemir) in the same world than Geralt won't be a really good idea. Look! How horrible are the comparisons between the two sorceresses in TW3... can you imagine what would it be a new main witcher character constantly compared with Geralt? "He reminds too much Geralt. He has nothing to do with Geralt, Geralt didn't use those items. The signs aren't the same. The signs are the same. Bla, bla, bla... "

Last edited:
i just made an account to say
YES PLEASE,
i honestly don't care what character it will be, after this point, i'm pretty optimistic that CDPR will nail it with any character.

Seeing how good CDPR are at writing stories, I'm not very much inclined to the third option, as a custom created character always feels shallower than a predefined one.

But ultimately, none of those options. I want a game with a predefined protagonist, yes, but not a new one. I want Vesemir. ASAP.

ASAP!!!

A game that narrates his deeds as a younger witcher, with maybe a cool ass ending where he sets himself as the swordsmanship teacher in Kaer Morhen, and we get to see kid Geralt and Eskel.
And maybe with some interactions with the other witcher schools. He's old, he must have seen plenty in his life.

Last edited:
Who move my thread ?? & why ???

Its not about withcer 4 at all. Its about members last with & it could be anything then asking for Witcher 4

Don't move the threads without understanding topic purpose.

Last edited:
No and especially not as Ciri. She seems alot less complex then Geralt and other characters.
I think you can get the whole written saga in German (7 books in total, counting the 2 first short stories). I advise you to read it, you will see that Ciri has gone through a lot of awful things that made her tough and, indeed, complex.

I didn't even find her back in TW3 though, so I don't know what CDPRed mad of her ^^

i want a witcher game with Letho

I second that, i to would like to be able to play as Letho, be it either in ages beffore he meet Geralt or after TW3 timeline, both are fine by me.
Mostly because i don't like the main story to be like "save the entire world" style, would bring even more realism to franchise.

No. I love The Witcher, it's my favourite game trilogy, but enough is enough. CDPR will burn out if they keep doing the same thing over and over again. I want them to focus on Cyberpunk for now, and then maybe create a new IP, because right now they are playing it safe but they are also restricted by the confines of already established worlds.

And if you are not going to make a new IP CDPR, consider buying The World of Darkness from CCP. Not like they are doing anything with it anyway, aside from crushing people's dreams.

Genial me entrego bastante con las aventuras de Geralt, además quiero que vengan Muchos más juegos con Geralt solo que los personajes del mundo allá más variedad de rostros, porque viajas y pareciera que fuera ciudades de clones xd.

Genial me entrego bastante con las aventuras de Geralt, además quiero que vengan Muchos más juegos con Geralt solo que los personajes del mundo allá más variedad de rostros, porque viajas y pareciera que fuera ciudades de clones xd.

This is an english forum buddy.

I would instant buy witcher 4, even if its $500!!!

As someone who paid $250 for Witcher 3 (CE,GOG/Steam/Expansions), I would too. But it would have to be a very impressive CE :)

Last edited:
If Geralt is removed, they might as well make another IP.
For me, what sets The Witcher apart from other fantasy RPGs (Dragon age, Skyrim, etc.) is the incredibly strong personal story. Take that away and what do you have left.
So no custom character, no new protagonist... Make Witcher with Geralt or make another game.

Yes. I mean, I also want expansions but I feel like there are alot of systems and ideas that from a gameplay perspective that could be expanded upon. Sailing, for example.

I also am of the opinion that big RPG's like this just cannot be milked out. I mean:

1) CDPR is behind this <3
2) You can't just make a big open world RPG over the span of a year like you can other games. You're scrapping a huge chunk of the resources and have to build them again from the ground up. I'd imagine it take at least 4 years for the next one to come out.

i wouldnt mind a witcher series done in a couple different ways:

we make our own witcher. we start out as a young trainee at Kaer Morhen with Geralt as our trainer.

a story where we play as Ciri and Geralt, Triss, Yennefer, and the rest of the gang make cameo appearances. The story has us traveling to different worlds.. maybe even earth..

we play as a sorceress and get guidance from Triss and Yennefer.

As much as I love the series, no. 1) It ended perfectly 2) They've explicitly said no more Geralt and he's the heart of the franchise 3) It's the only IP they've done since the inception of the studio and I'm sure they're very much looking forward to making something different, like 2077.

As a reader of all the books and player of all witcher 1, 2 and 3 (thank you so much CDP <3), i really want a Witcher 4, especially with Geralt even if we know that our dear CD project doesn't seem to enjoy this possibility ^^
But i think that there is so much to talk about geralt history especially what happened before the ciri story ^^ geralt could do so much more, i mean he is a witcher and with great power come great responsibility :p

So yes i want a witcher 3 but if CDP doesn't enjoy making it... It would not feel right :(

(Sorry for the poor english, still working on it :S)

Last edited:
Top Bottom