Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
Nobody's ever seemed to care for this idea that much, but I'll mention it again, just to annoy everybody: a game featuring the exploits and adventures of Vesemir's younger days. (We all know the old boy must have had some worthwhile adventures. . . and at least one frustrated romance.)

Last edited:
Nobody's ever seemed to care for this idea that much, but I'll mention it again, just to annoy everybody: a game featuring the exploits and adventures of Vesemir's younger days. (We all know the old boy must have had some worthwhile adventures. . . and at least one frustrated romance.)

Vesemir "wooing the damsels" - The Game

It's an idea, to be sure. Still, I wouldn't get my hopes too high, though.

The Wooer: Damsels in Distress? Hmmm. . .

Last edited:
The white wolf's last quest (a bridge to Witcher 4??)

However depressing it may be, CDPR have confirmed our adventures with Geralt will come to an end with Witcher 3.

Whether the final quest will be in BaW or more DLC gets announced it is inevitable.

So how would you like this quest to play out???? a final hunt of a legendary creature? a fond farewell with old friends?

The final quest I am imagining would be a take on sapkowski's (non-canon story) "something ends, something begins" with a twist that makes it a bridge to (hopefully, surely) the Witcher 4

new quest added "something ends"
Geralt wakes up with Yennefer/Triss (to please both factions) on the morning of their wedding. Geralt needs to run some errands for his betrothed, help dandelion with the guests he has invited etc. Later on is the ceremony, then the feast where Geralt has ample opportunity to talk with friends made through out the books and games (Borch Three Jackdaws, Dudu, Saksia, Iorveth, Zoltan, yarpin etc) . Ciri will be there with Yennefer and Triss and dandelion will mention that they need to fetch some fresh wine so Ciri will offer to retrieve it so Geralt can enjoy his wedding night. Now the player has control of Ciri

Ciri goes off to get the wine and comes back to see Geralt waiting for her outside. they talk about everything that has gone on and how grateful she is of everything Geralt has done for her and that she is happy he is now settling down and can finally rest + what she plans to do in the future. Sitting there enjoying father daughter time the camera pans off and just before the credits roll you hear the new quest chime, new quest added "something begins"

An epic tease that may take years and years to finally be revealed as the next witcher game with Ciri as the protagonist.
Obviously CDPR would do a far better job of it and connect all the various endings from Wild Hunt but that is just a rough idea of how I would like to see Geralt's story end, the character that has been so crucial to CDPRs rise deserves a fitting send off and a happy ending after all the crap he has been through.

Would love to hear everyone else's thoughts and ideas

If Ciri is gonna be protagonist of Witcher 4 (if there will be a TW4) it would be fitting if Geralt and Ciri go hunt the last Crone and then retrieve Vesemir's medallion. Then Ciri puts it on and then *insert very emotional, touching scene* they bid each other farewell and go their seperate ways.

Geralt's arc already ended with the end of The Witcher 3. The expansions should not be seen as a continuation beyond that point, but rather a little something extra, something separate.

Also it wouldn't make sense to make a bridge to a game that's probably not even planned yet, or at least, won't happen for many years to come.

If no Yen or Triss maybe Zoltan finally gets to marry Eudora after so many set backs and Geralt and Ciri are just guests?? That is where CDPR come in and find a solution that fits

Last edited:
To be honest i wouldn't want a continium from Witcher 3 to 4. There are 2 ideas that come to my mind.
1) Earlier adventures of the Gerald. In game it is mentioned that Gerald is almost 100 years old, so i guess we can have a flashback when he was 50 or less.
2) I know it would be blasphemy :p but perhaps a witcher that you create that has nothign to do with Gerald

I think it would be best if they do a complete new start with Witcher 4 if there will be a next Witcher game.. new character, maybe in a bit different time period, with most of original characters mostly gone, and mentioned in legends... it would open up possibilities for variable main character, and especially more lore based character development, with a new inexperienced witcher gaining his skills during adventures...

I think it would be best if they do a complete new start with Witcher 4 if there will be a next Witcher game.. new character, maybe in a bit different time period, with most of original characters mostly gone, and mentioned in legends... it would open up possibilities for variable main character, and especially more lore based character development, with a new inexperienced witcher gaining his skills during adventures...

Kinda going off topic here.

new quest added "something ends"
Geralt wakes up with Yennefer/Triss (to please both factions) on the morning of their wedding. Geralt needs to run some errands for his betrothed, help dandelion with the guests he has invited etc. Later on is the ceremony, then the feast where Geralt has ample opportunity to talk with friends made through out the books and games (Borch Three Jackdaws, Dudu, Saksia, Iorveth, Zoltan, yarpin etc) . Ciri will be there with Yennefer and Triss and dandelion will mention that they need to fetch some fresh wine so Ciri will offer to retrieve it so Geralt can enjoy his wedding night. Now the player has control of Ciri

I do not think Blood and Wine will include any content with main NPCs, just like Hearts of Stone did not. It would be difficult to implement for story (why are they in Toussaint ?) and gameplay (conflicts with existing quests in the main game) reasons. Something similar to your idea could have been implemented in the witcheress epilogue, and some bits of deleted content suggest there were indeed plans to add more scenes to the epilogue. Whether those were cut due to lack of time, or for "artistic" reasons to focus only on Geralt and Ciri, I do not know.

Although in my opinion the game does not really need a sequel and voted "new IP", there will probably be a Witcher 4, TW3 has been just too much of a commercial success not to make another game. Leaks from mid-2014 suggest that already during the development of Wild Hunt, there were plans regarding W4, this can be seen on this picture of the list of endings. The idea of having a TW3 save import implies that the next game would be a sequel, probably in the near future after the ending of Wild Hunt, and the protagonist could be Geralt or Ciri. Also, according to this post, at the time of the leak it was already decided which choices in TW3 are canon for the next game; I could not verify if this information is correct, but it would not be surprising, especially since the game clearly "wants" the player to make specific choices for the ending. But it would also again imply that the developers already had a general idea of what the sequel would be like, and those choices are what suit its story the best.

You didnt get me. This is what i wanted to say Geralt should be the only choice for the main hero in my opinion or the game will suffer from it otherwise.

We don't want Witcher 4. You think you do but you don't. Trust me. Look at what happened to MGS, Assassin's Creed and so many great series? CDPR made a masterpiece trilogy. Let this stay that way. I recently read that CDPR would not let The Witcher universe down because it's unfair to fans. What would be unfair is to make us want a game that will more likely be done with less passion because we love the Witcher trilogy.

The fact that they say unfair to fan indicate something. CDPR will not make the game because they want to do it but for you. And no games is good from an artistic point of view if it is done to satisfy fans desire. CDPR at first wanted The Witcher 3 to be the last for a reason don't you think? When the Witcher 4 will release the game will probably not be as good as the original trilogy. People will complain but don't forget that if that happen it will be your fault. To you people who can't accept that some things have to end when it times. To end at their best before they fall.

Let The Witcher alone seriously. It's over and it should stay that way. Let's not forget that CDPR is now quoted on the stock market. You can't hope that a new game based on a serie which was supposed to end with the third will be done with the same artistic consciousness. That's my oppinion anyway but if W4 comes out one day and I see someone complaining about a game less good I tell him "you deserved it"^^

Maybe not a Witcher 4, but a more Improved Witcher 3 with new huge expansions instead?

Just my own ideas:

The Witcher 3 is already a great game, and there is already talk about a possible Witcher 4.

In my opinion i think its not really necesairy.
Instead i believe creating additional huge expansions the size of Velen with improved elements will already be enough. Because i think in general The Witcher 3 is already perfect.

What do u all think?

Top Bottom