Do you actually like CP77 being shorter then Witcher3 ?

+

Do you actually like CP77 being shorter then Witcher3 ?

• Yes (because)

Votes: 31 7.1%
  • No (because)

Votes: 365 83.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 39 9.0%

• Total voters
I don't care if it's shorter than TW3
I do care whether it's compeleted because it's obviously not.
I will feel good even the story ends after the Heist.
Johnny jump out and told you he want to burn the city into ashes, will you with him?
And they can flash the Logo and told you CP2077 Part I is end, there will be some end-game about how you smash the city with a terrorist in your mind.
Ridiculous short, but it may even looks better than now.

Originally yes. As I understood it, each life path was supposed to offer a fresh take on the story. Instead they’re all kind of the same. Different dialogue here and there but nothing really changes

No. because i love the world of c77 to bits, even more than that of Witcher and would have stuck with it literally without any regard to how long it is. With 'the more the better' as my only rationale.

That said the only place in Witcher where one would realistically run out of patience is Skellige wrecks, the storyline is pretty on point.
Too long in lesser and inferior games otoh is very much a thing - Dragon Age Inquisition and AC Odyssey which are low points in their respective franchises are a perfect example - it's not length per se but actually using pos MMO design relying on filler that makes you want to give up.

So far I have over 700 hours in the Witcher 3, and I am eager to go back once the raytracing update is out.
For me cyberpunk felt unsatisfiable short, to the point I felt cheated when the message of no return poped up, I just could not believe that was the main quest length.
Characters and factions felt so rushed and shallow by that point, I wished they had done so much more.
I am not saying I didn't get my monies worth from the game, but in no way did the shorter campaign make cyberpunk a better game than the Witcher imo.

For me the main story was to short.

If there are people that are fine with that, okay. But as a good, professional AAA-studio you should've in mind, that there are people (like me) who have no problem with a 40-50h Mainquest.

So, as a good, professional AAA-studio you may offer options: You can, not have to. Meaning: Sidequest. But there are not much, either. And what was really annoying: Waiting on a call to go further (Kerry, Rouge, Panam etc...).

Maybe CDP tought: "Hey, they can do the gigs and racing and boxfights in that time. And if they have nothing to do.... lets give them car-shopping as quest. Everyone who is okay with that say: He!" Hehehehehehehehehe...
:rolleyes:

It doesnt' fit together in quantity (main/side) and quality (gigs, racing, boxfights... buying in car).
So CDP is
a) not a good, professional AAA-studio or
b) they hadn't the time to balance quantity and quality.
The explanation with "there were people.... W3... to long." is bull*, imho. Because they let the longplayers down.
Or a).

Of course you can focus just on the "shortplayer". But then it is very unlucky if you (have to) offer the option to refund.

Unbenannt2.JPG

Edit: Okay, the "good, professional AAA-Studio" was a kind of fairytale, but you know what I mean...

Last edited:
For me the main story was to short.

If there are people that are fine with that, okay. But as a good, professional AAA-studio you should've in mind, that there are people (like me) who have no problem with a 40-50h Mainquest.

So, as a good, professional AAA-studio you may offer options: You can, not have to. Meaning: Sidequest. But there are not much, either. And what was really annoying: Waiting on a call to go further (Kerry, Rouge, Panam etc...).

Maybe CDP tought: "Hey, they can do the gigs and racing and boxfights in that time. And if they have nothing to do.... lets give them car-shopping as quest. Everyone who is okay with that say: He!" Hehehehehehehehehe...
:rolleyes:

It doesnt' fit together in quantity (main/side) and quality (gigs, racing, boxfights... buying in car).
So CDP is
a) not a good, professional AAA-studio or
b) they hadn't the time to balance quantity and quality.
The explanation with "there were people.... W3... to long." is bull*, imho. Because they let the longplayers down.
Or a).

Of course you can focus just on the "shortplayer". But then it is very unlucky if you (have to) offer the option to refund.

View attachment 11143790

Edit: Okay, the "good, professional AAA-Studio" was a kind of fairytale, but you know what I mean...
One of the head managers ( i even think IT was the co-founder, forgot his name) acutally stated in one interview 1-2 years back that for a good single player open world game, he considers a game with 40-60hrs of main Story and a couple hundrets hrs of side cobtent and he said that in his opinion thats a "fair deal".

And then they deliver a game which you can finish in under 20hrs and under 80with all side content if you want :D

Its kinda ridiculous and dissapointing.

I would have loved the game to be longer and deeper.

Does it matter if we finish the game if we still have fun with the game?

Especially in open world rpg, I tend to lose myself in the world if it is especially deep and good.

Take Skyrim as an example:

How many of you rush to the ending and how many immerse yourselves into the world? Creating families, bounds go on personal quests etc.?

There are memes out there depicting how amazing it is just to play Gwent.

If the story is good and the world immersive, interactive, reactive and explorative, and I can play how I want, what's the problem?

If it's just about the story you can read the wiki or watch a YouTube video if you don't want to end the game, because it is "too long", but as long as we have fun, why take it away from us?

Isn't that a reason for videogames?

To have fun?

No and I never agreed with the criticism on Witcher 3 being too long either. if anything I actually felt Witcher 3 felt a bit rushed at the last act, like they wanted to tell us more if they could but were out of time.

Cyberpunk on the other hand feels WAAY rushed and telling a very short story. This could have been ok if it was a short but had a heavy emphasis on choices and consequences, different branching to the choices you make, but no, the game is short and also very linear.

As the title says. CDPR stated that CP77 will be shorter because lot of players didnt finished Witcher3 and complained it was too long, so I am asking about the public opinion, because I think that CP77 is way too short and I absolutely dont like it.

Edit:

Reason for this Is that I like huge games with ton and hundrets of hours of content, not necesarilly for the sake of spending hundrets of hours in the game on one run but for its great replayability, for exapmle I have finished Witcher3 three times and in each playthrough I have encountered new quests i have never done before etc. Same for Odyssey for exapmle or Skyrim.

But in CP77 i have finished all the big side quests in one playthrough and besides of some gigs I havent done there Is not much that Will go differently or not much of the new stuff to encounter when I play the game for the second time. And that is really dissapointing.
Wait, you played hundreds of hours and beat the witcher 3 3 times before its first dlc patch? I thought it needed a few patches and dlc to get to the point you could do that.

Honestly I already have 120 hours in the game and love it, and I plan on making a new character and playing again. There are apparently quests that I missed because of bad dialogue options or I missed timed events in this game, so I'm not sure if this post was made from experience, or just opinionated.

Cyberpunk 2077 is shorter than Witcher 3... but Witcher 3 was one hell of a game, longer than anything else... No other AAA story driven game has main quest longer than W3... and Cyberpunk 2077 main quest is still longer than most of other AAA games...

Yeah, they cut the story because Witcher was too long, they removed wall running due to level design, they canceled 3rd person cutscenes because of immersion etc. etc. etc.

Sound like a bullshit to me, they obviously just had no time or resources for doing that.

Nobody can like that short story in RPG, DLC to Uncharted is actually longer than Cyberpunk's main quest
Dude when you think about its, this game is the same size and scope Story wise (maybe a few more minor side quests like NCPD scanners/gigs) as Blood & Wine

Even if you consider Panam's and Johnny's quests part of the main quest unofficially (and they pretty much are, if you want to have all the endings), it is still painfully short. The first act (your time with Jackie), should have been as long as the 2nd. Not to mention that it would make much more sense from a narrative standpoint. Helping a random guy fix his balls, or dealing with cabs with Froydian issues, or buying cars makes literally zero sense when you are supposed to be dying in a few days.

Actually when you factor in that you should play Witcher 2 twice with the alternate paths that game is probably longer than this (CP77).

So CP77 as of now is like The Witcher 2 but only playing through one linear path.

No.

I understand some people will desire quality over quantity but the key element there is quality, we didn't get quality and so there is nothing there to justify the game being short.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, because it doesn’t start to drag on like Witcher 3 (not as much anyway).

However, I do not like the story. It should’ve been more open and more based on what you decide to do (and how) along your journey rather than being as scripted as it is. The story isn’t built for an open world.
Maybe I'm reading into this and projecting my own thoughts here but if the game itself is a bad game and not enjoyable, it would make sense for the person playing it to be glad it's not a longer affair. If the game were good and when you played it you actually had fun, it is likely the player would be willing and probably even happy to play it longer. For me, the good thing about it being short is that it's less painful that way. If it were a better game, it's shortness would be disappointing.

Top Bottom