Do you actually like CP77 being shorter then Witcher3 ?

+

Do you actually like CP77 being shorter then Witcher3 ?

• Yes (because)

Votes: 31 7.1%
  • No (because)

Votes: 365 83.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 39 9.0%

• Total voters
Out of all the things I thought this game might not get right, I figured they would cater to rpg lovers not COD/Action gamers

I literally do not buy games if they cost $X and do not provide me with Y amount of hours

for $60 I expect at least a 30-40 hour main plotline before doing extras or exploring the world

its a 30-40 hour main plotline. You can speed run it faster, but thats the normal time to get the better endings

Yeah, they cut the story because Witcher was too long, they removed wall running due to level design, they canceled 3rd person cutscenes because of immersion etc. etc. etc.

Sound like a bullshit to me, they obviously just had no time or resources for doing that.

Nobody can like that short story in RPG, DLC to Uncharted is actually longer than Cyberpunk's main quest
Uncharted: Lost legacy. Now that game was a master piece! Basically what Tomb Raider should have become.
Post automatically merged:

its a 30-40 hour main plotline. You can speed run it faster, but thats the normal time to get the better endings
It really isn't. You can finish the main plotline in about 20-25 hours. I finished my first playthrough around 30 with side questing and just driving around for vistas.

If all I did was story missions I would barely clock 24 hours this game is easy , that how long playtime website has it at an avrg of 21hrs for mainlining

I personally had like 60 hours but stopped playing cuz of too many bugs, and I blindly bought it cause of now gone faith in CDPR but I would not pay 60$ for a RPG or heavily focused on story game knowing it would only have 20 ish hours of main story. That is a solid $24.99 price game for me

Now do games need to be long, no, but specifically RPG's I play them to have epic 40-60 HR story experiences
there is no way in hell you can main line this and play for 40 hours by only doing the main plot

Honestly it's fine that the story is short to me. Lots of people have busy lives and won't beat even a 20-hour game for months (I have a friend who only recently got to "meet Hanako at Embers" and he had it from day 1, and they haven't done all the sidequests either). Would it be nice for it to be longer or more fleshed out? Sure, and I think that's something DLC is basically going to be made to do. In all honesty, I'm hoping that DLC can potentially double the length of the story, and I think there's a lot of potential for that.

This being said, I have no preference for shorter/longer stories. Another game I loved, The Outer Worlds, took me less than 25 hours to get 100% completion in terms of main and side quests, and I thought it was a fantastic game. Cyberpunk 2077 took me roughly 70 hours of gameplay time to 100% (plus or minus a few hours of open world exploration and whatnot), and I think that's a solid length for a game.

I honestly think a lot of games can overinflate the amount of content they have, consequently resulting in a lot of meaningless content ("Another settlement needs your help" for example, or there's the overwhelming size of contemporary Assassin's Creed games that are mostly filler that don't add much of importance to the story). I think what Cyberpunk makes up for in length (which even then isn't that short) is in its quality, just as The Outer Worlds did IMHO; the writing and level design is top-notch and I think is part of why this game is so good in my opinion, despite its flaws.

If you ran through the game you're really missing out.
Because a lot of the side quests are very good, and they also have you interacting with Johnny on some of them, which helps you understand him.

I also do not see this as a short game 100hr and still playing.

But that is cause you are doing things of your own accord, if you were to mainline the game you would run out of game at 24 ish hours.

I myself spend like 1 hour driving for every 3 playing probably, and like 1/3rd of my time is in photomode. Have 60 hrs played, waiting till patches to continue I am not even at the parade float mission yet. If I didn't do all these side activities the game would have been beat 3 times now probably.

But the story is short, so the game is short.

Your playtime in the world is long, since you enjoy the world like I do. That does not mean that the game is long, it just has longevity for you and others because of the game world.

Objectively to beat the game you need about 20 hours, maybe +5 if you do the GOOD side jobs that tie into the story. I am not a completionist I derive no pleasure from chasing down feathers or getting those last 5 achievements by doing x side things even tho I am not interested in collecting shit, so I don't. Due to not being a completionist, I judge how long a game is solely by its main story. If the side quests are good or sound interesting I will do them, but more often that not side quests are pretty meh across the board in all games.

Honestly it's fine that the story is short to me. Lots of people have busy lives and won't beat even a 20-hour game for months (I have a friend who only recently got to "meet Hanako at Embers" and he had it from day 1, and they haven't done all the sidequests either). Would it be nice for it to be longer or more fleshed out? Sure, and I think that's something DLC is basically going to be made to do. In all honesty, I'm hoping that DLC can potentially double the length of the story, and I think there's a lot of potential for that.

This being said, I have no preference for shorter/longer stories. Another game I loved, The Outer Worlds, took me less than 25 hours to get 100% completion in terms of main and side quests, and I thought it was a fantastic game. Cyberpunk 2077 took me roughly 70 hours of gameplay time to 100% (plus or minus a few hours of open world exploration and whatnot), and I think that's a solid length for a game.

I honestly think a lot of games can overinflate the amount of content they have, consequently resulting in a lot of meaningless content ("Another settlement needs your help" for example, or there's the overwhelming size of contemporary Assassin's Creed games that are mostly filler that don't add much of importance to the story). I think what Cyberpunk makes up for in length (which even then isn't that short) is in its quality, just as The Outer Worlds did IMHO; the writing and level design is top-notch and I think is part of why this game is so good in my opinion, despite its flaws.
I really don't see why games should be shorter because some people don't have the time to finish it in one go. The content will still be there even if it takes you double the time cause of schedule. It just feels like people who do want a longer game experience are punished for it.

And there are plenty of aspects that the main story could have expanded on imo. The time spent with Jackie, Transhumanism, gangs having a more meaningful presence. Just to name a few. This game is far from having to worry about filler content in the main story. It already has that in the form of gigs anyways.

I would have liked a longer game. I think the beginning with Jackie should have been much, much longer, letting us get to know and appreciate him properly and maybe a lighter tone, getting to grips with the city and characters and then leading to the heist where everything goes pearshapped. I really think that would have been much more shocking and emotionally impactful and then.. enter Johnny.

I was quite surprised when I reached the point of no return so quickly, I immediately started trying to complete all the side stuff but really it just messed with the pacing of the game and after every side mission it just defaults back to Nocturne OP55N1 which made me feel anxious in some ways. I'm still playing and enjoying but I wanted more and I feel like they're capable of more than this. I'm still hopeful they will add to it and flesh everything out.

Short answer ...NO

The fact they gutted content they couldn't get to work in a desperate attempt to get it to the horrid state we got it is beyond obvious. They left out loads of features already well documented at various points prior to launch. If you pay attention there are many things that simply dead-end but are clumsily referenced in a manner later or at random that point to more happening at various points. The thing was hacked to death, half-finished, and pushed out premature. I for one would like the ENTIRE game as promised when they gleefully took our pre-orders and promised to be nothing like those "other studios".

I really don't see why games should be shorter because some people don't have the time to finish it in one go. The content will still be there even if it takes you double the time cause of schedule. It just feels like people who do want a longer game experience are punished for it.

And there are plenty of aspects that the main story could have expanded on imo. The time spent with Jackie, Transhumanism, gangs having a more meaningful presence. Just to name a few. This game is far from having to worry about filler content in the main story. It already has that in the form of gigs anyways.

transhumanism and gangs would not really tie into the main story. I mean they might be interesting side stories, but they don't fit the main narrative. They could have done more with Jackie, But the pacing would be off. The main drama is getting thrust into this big conflict due to the classic run gone bad. If they delay that too long, People lose interest, if they create a different compelling story for before the heist, then you have two different narratives. Its not impossible, but you ll lose some people if you resolve a good plotline, people will feel satisfied.

SOOO if they wanted to develop Jackie longer, they'd probably have to not kill him in the heist. But then the heist gone wrong ain't so bad. That could work, but it makes the fall not as harsh, and maybe the Johnny relationship a bit different.

anyhow, for this type of game, I think the pure main story being short is good. The bonus main stories work well, and adapt better to an open world.

I'm just happy there's no 10 hour shitfest in the middle like the one in Witcher 3 called 'Novigrad'. I don't know why it's so boring/tedious. It just is. Of course the story of Cyberpunk should have been a bit longer (no filler content) or more choice even.

There are people who did not even finish Kane and lynch....

Some people simply dont finish games and add them to their pile of shame.

Short is fine, long is fine. My biggest concern is replay-ability.

It took me just under a year to finish Witcher3 the first time, and after some down time, I've started another playthru. I still occasionally load up Skyrim and GTA too, because they are replayable, unlike a majority of games that are one shots and done.

Mods also add to the replay-ability factor of a game.

As the title says. CDPR stated that CP77 will be shorter because lot of players didnt finished Witcher3 and complained it was too long, so I am asking about the public opinion, because I think that CP77 is way too short and I absolutely dont like it.

Edit:

Reason for this Is that I like huge games with ton and hundrets of hours of content, not necesarilly for the sake of spending hundrets of hours in the game on one run but for its great replayability, for exapmle I have finished Witcher3 three times and in each playthrough I have encountered new quests i have never done before etc. Same for Odyssey for exapmle or Skyrim.

But in CP77 i have finished all the big side quests in one playthrough and besides of some gigs I havent done there Is not much that Will go differently or not much of the new stuff to encounter when I play the game for the second time. And that is really dissapointing.
Thats what made TW3 so good that you could play it through multiple times, still have a different, and good experience. It was really in-depth. I’ve finished the main story of TW3 on PS4 and PC multiple times and each time finishing more and more side quest. It does help that TW3 also has great DLC that gave you the same experience.

I hope CP comes remotely close to the details as TW3 after all the DLC. I would like it to be more but after what happen with the release I have my doubts and CDPR isn’t the same anymore.

I’ll give it another play through once the 1st DLC drops. Hopefully they don’t screw that up too.

Short is fine, long is fine. My biggest concern is replay-ability.

It took me just under a year to finish Witcher3 the first time, and after some down time, I've started another playthru. I still occasionally load up Skyrim and GTA too, because they are replayable, unlike a majority of games that are one shots and done.

Mods also add to the replay-ability factor of a game.
Replayability is in fact a huge factor.

I occasionally start new runs of mass effect - even after all those years.
Replayability can be reached by different means thought.
Some games are excellent sand boxes with lots of sand to play with, others have multiple ways to play them and others have very satisfying gameplay and stories.

ATM, cyberpunk is lacking in all of those departments.

As the title says. CDPR stated that CP77 will be shorter because lot of players didnt finished Witcher3 and complained it was too long, so I am asking about the public opinion, because I think that CP77 is way too short and I absolutely dont like it.

Edit:

Reason for this Is that I like huge games with ton and hundrets of hours of content, not necesarilly for the sake of spending hundrets of hours in the game on one run but for its great replayability, for exapmle I have finished Witcher3 three times and in each playthrough I have encountered new quests i have never done before etc. Same for Odyssey for exapmle or Skyrim.

But in CP77 i have finished all the big side quests in one playthrough and besides of some gigs I havent done there Is not much that Will go differently or not much of the new stuff to encounter when I play the game for the second time. And that is really dissapointing.
No. I would have preferred it to be on par with the Witcher 3

Nobody likes Witcher 2 being shorter than Witcher 1. Nobody likes Cyberpunk being shorter than Witcher 3. I hope they have learned their lesson and compensate with length of DLC

Top Bottom