Do you actually like CP77 being shorter then Witcher3 ?

+

Do you actually like CP77 being shorter then Witcher3 ?

• Yes (because)

Votes: 31 7.1%
  • No (because)

Votes: 365 83.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 39 9.0%

• Total voters
Everything about the game is half-baked. This includes the story. So a strong "no". It's missing one more act at least.

Witcher 3 was LONG, i spent close to 400h on a single playtrough(w/DLC). And the first thing i did when i was done, was start a NG+. I still found quests that i had not encountered, and i opted for an entirely different path.
So yes, if CP was held to the same standard as Witcher 3. Then i would love for it to be longer, but as is now, i am very happy its not a minute longer. [...]

Having 20-30 hour main story after seven years of development is frankly insulting.
It is even MORE insulting considering how earthshattering results the storys conclusion has. There is a huge divide between the main story and the rest of the game. There is no way on earth I can commend this.

Maybe if the rest of the game was up to snuff I would be more lenient, but it isn't.

Reason for this Is that I like huge games with ton and hundrets of hours of content, not necesarilly for the sake of spending hundrets of hours in the game on one run but for its great replayability, for exapmle I have finished Witcher3 three times and in each playthrough I have encountered new quests i have never done before etc. Same for Odyssey for exapmle or Skyrim.

But in CP77 i have finished all the big side quests in one playthrough and besides of some gigs I havent done there Is not much that Will go differently or not much of the new stuff to encounter when I play the game for the second time. And that is really dissapointing.

EXACTLY! I've cleared the map of ALL side activities before finishing the main storyline during my first playthrough (excl. car purchases & police events). Took me about 160 hrs.. and umm.. I WANT MOOOORE... :D

BTW, no idea how much did CDPR's management screw up the original developers vision, but CP2077 is still one of the best and most beautiful games i've ever played. Even though i've encountered a few bugs (some being quite funny imo), none of them was a gamebreaker in my case.

My sincere thanks and appreciation go to the staff who did all the hard work.
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
transhumanism and gangs would not really tie into the main story. I mean they might be interesting side stories, but they don't fit the main narrative. They could have done more with Jackie, But the pacing would be off. The main drama is getting thrust into this big conflict due to the classic run gone bad. If they delay that too long, People lose interest, if they create a different compelling story for before the heist, then you have two different narratives. Its not impossible, but you ll lose some people if you resolve a good plotline, people will feel satisfied.

SOOO if they wanted to develop Jackie longer, they'd probably have to not kill him in the heist. But then the heist gone wrong ain't so bad. That could work, but it makes the fall not as harsh, and maybe the Johnny relationship a bit different.

anyhow, for this type of game, I think the pure main story being short is good. The bonus main stories work well, and adapt better to an open world.
Disagree. Transhumanism is actually a very important topic in Cyberpunk and with Soulkiller being a thing in the game it is rather important to touch on the topic. Same for the meaning of the soul in context to AIs and what Alt means. For me and for many the endings have been ruined simply because Alt indicates that by using the Soulkiller you will actually lose your soul. Noone in the game counters that statement and the game doesn't even touch on the topic of what is it to be human.
So in my honest belief expanding on the transhumanism should have been an essential part of the main story.

And the gangs in my opinion could have contributed to non-linear story. Exploring them, and the story path changing depending who you side with could have made a lot better RPG experience and imrpove player agency.

And the pacing was off because they cut the story with Jackie. We don't spend nearly enough time with him to make his death really that impactful. Especially after CDPR spoiling his death in a trailer lol.
And I don't agree that people would lose interest. It's an open world game. If anything the story would have made more sense to have it more focused around doing gigs rather than the disjointed race to death narrative.

At the end of the day, the story doesn't support the gamestyle and even skips over topic that could have made the experience 10 times better.

I feel like there's an entire missing story arc between the parade and Nocturne OP55N1 . Even screwing around for a loooooooong time on gigs and side quests before Search and Destroy, the point of no return came shockingly quickly.

It also seems weird that the level cap is 50, but you can easily start the final mission in your 20s.

I think it would have been a good idea to add additional Judy and Panam quest lines to drag things out in the middle. Or, not have Dex get whacked right off the bat, and have an entire lengthy revenge quest line. Something. Maybe level-gate the final missions so that they come at a more appropriate point in V's development.

I don't actually know a single person who seriously complained about the length of the Witcher 3 and I've even had friends who don't play games play the Witcher 3 through the story and love it. I see no justifiable reason for this game being shortened.

The main story even feels abnormally short, like the writers got bored halfway through and wrote an ending.

I would like it shorter. Because it was short I was able to try many in game choices, which I wasnt able to do in Witcher 3

Took me 140 hours to beat this. I couldn't get into the world play of Witcher 3 and gave up on it, so my opinions will be skewed, but the person that said witcher 3 takes 180 hours and cyberpunk took 90 definitely played the game differently than I did.

Everything is an opinion here, people need to realize that their opinion isn't the same, or will matter, to others. Currently I love it, and considering it hasn't really had any of the DLC and gameplay polishing patches Witcher had yet, I feel it's doing fine.

It's not only that it's short, but it's rushed. The pacing is horrible. Introduction is rushed, the 6 months supercut is just awful and chaotic, act 1 is a prologue. There's not enough time to develop side characters, that the storylines end abruptly.

I used to think that the shortness would be ok if the lifepaths actually led to playing different characters..but not really, it would still be horribly short

I hated it when i was done with everything on my first 160 hours playthrough. It could have go on forever for me.

Not that I have finished yet as I am making sure to take my sweet time, but when I first started playing it was like "oh wow, this is pretty awesome looking" then after a couple weekends play I hit the end of act 1 and the cyberpunk logo.
I was like "Holy crap, that was just the intro? This game is going to be huge (as in take a long time)!" I was happy.

But the more I read through these forums for any hint of what to expect in the future and talk about the game, I realized I needed to seriously slow my pace even more because after just a few more missions, I think I'm already halfway through the game. :( Way too short!

Top Bottom