Do you consider Geralt, a cheater?

+
Do you consider Geralt, a cheater?

The reason I am asking this is because, I find it very interesting that he has a close relationship with either Shani or Triss, but he is still having sex with every woman that's willing to do it with him behind Triss or Shani's back. How do you feel about that? I don't really mind because I like collecting the cards but, what about the woman he has the close relationship with?

TrissMerigold72 said:
he is still having sex with every woman that's willing to do it with him behind Triss or Shani's back.
As MR said, Geralt doesn't do this on his own; he only does it if the player makes him do it. Geralt is offered sexual opportunities, but it's the player who decides whether Geralt takes the women up on their offers or turns them down. Geralt can say no, and my Geralt sometimes does. I've never gotten Celina's card, for example; I find her distasteful, so of course my Geralt does, too. :D

Geralt isn't in the novels monogamic either though he has a close relationship to Yennefer and really loves her. On the other hand Yennefer isn't monogamic too though she loves Geralt.My Geralt shags Celina. He has to fulfil so many dangerous and strenuous mission so I grant him this kind of pleasrue ;D

Mine refuses White Rayla (disgusting, he tried just once) and both the nuns. I don't like triangle.....Sometimes, Abigail too: it seems to me she gives herself away too easily and when she says:"prove me"... prove me what? is this a way to prove innocence? Same for the half-elf girl: c'mon, she is just a woman in distress, you cannot taking advantage of this :mad:
Corylea said:
I've never gotten Celina's card, for example; I find her distasteful, so of course my Geralt does, too. :D
Especially when she becomes a nightmare creature :-\
Corylea said:
The reason I am asking this is because, I find it very interesting that he has a close relationship with either Shani or Triss, but he is still having sex with every woman that's willing to do it with him behind Triss or Shani's back. How do you feel about that? I don't really mind because I like collecting the cards but, what about the woman he has the close relationship with?
In my opinion, you shouldn't ask if Geralt is a cheater or not, but why any woman (I mean aaaaany) gives herself to him.(well actually, not any: not Vaska and Granny :whatthe: )

well in the books, his "main squeeze" is Yennefer, and she is most definitely not strictly faithful to him, so i'd have to go with "fair is fair".If you simply go by what the game shows you, then it's trickier, and i'd be inclined to stick with Triss (if was Geralt) ... so really he shouldn't go for any of the other offers

gamewidow said:
well in the books, his "main squeeze" is Yennefer, and she is most definitely not strictly faithful to him, so i'd have to go with "fair is fair".
True! Sapkowsky has been very democratic in this :DBtw, I think Triss does the same, or this is what i've learned watching her relationship with Leuvaarden. I mean: a sorceress deals with power (not ongly magic) and maybe sometimes she needs to make some....er....compromises.Or simply, they both (witchers and sorceresses) take and advantage of their infertilities.....

secondchildren said:
Btw, I think Triss does the same, or this is what i've learned watching her relationship with Leuvaarden. I mean: a sorceress deals with power (not ongly magic) and maybe sometimes she needs to make some....er....compromises.Or simply, they both (witchers and sorceresses) take and advantage of their infertilities.....
I've heard lots of people say this, but I haven't really seen it, myself. What have you been seeing that makes it look as if Triss is, er, getting Leuvaarden's card?

Sorcers and sorceresses have need for power. That's why so many of them are adviser of kings and secret services. I don't think Leuvaarden is important enough that Triss seduces him to benefit from him. They share the same interests in some cases and work together but nothing more... I guess.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Btw, I think Triss does the same, or this is what i've learned watching her relationship with Leuvaarden. I mean: a sorceress deals with power (not ongly magic) and maybe sometimes she needs to make some....er....compromises.Or simply, they both (witchers and sorceresses) take and advantage of their infertilities.....
I've heard lots of people say this, but I haven't really seen it, myself. What have you been seeing that makes it look as if Triss is, er, getting Leuvaarden's card?
Corylea said:
Sorcers and sorceresses have need for power. That's why so many of them are adviser of kings and secret services. I don't think Leuvaarden is important enough that Triss seduces him to benefit from him. They share the same interests in some cases and work together but nothing more... I guess.
It's another speculation of mine, and i think it could be. I don't know. But it doesn't necessary mean that there could be an affair between them. I think that Triss is smart enough to know how to use her charm with influent people. And as far as I know, Leuvaarden had his own chess moves in government matters.
Corylea said:
Triss + the king, on the other hand ..
Maybe, maybe....

Well i think that Witcher world is unrealistic in that way, i mean it shows like all womans in there are so very easy.

This topic arose a while back and I was amused at it... but this is a serious matter I realize now.Infertility is deemed a con and no way to put it to a pro. But, these cases prove it otherwise. Maybe Geralt's attraction comes part of himbeing sterile which places him at a 100% safe position for all women. Think about it. Today, the fear of unexpected pregnancies scarespeople, but Geralt is guaranteed. Mix that with a Witcher's tingling feeling and charm, and Bamm... strike.I cannot ignore this no longer as it just seems like possibilities just widened. Now, Geralt cheating is one thing, but being seduced becauseof the above-mentioned is definitely another. Well, that's my 2 cents on the matter... :peace:

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
Well i think that Witcher world is unrealistic in that way, i mean it shows like all womans in there are so very easy.
You're not considering Geralt's charm ;D
Nevertheless there are women who can resist... or even refuse :eek: a waitress at the inn from the outskirts, a waitress who makes a joke or Carmen. And even Adda when Geralt gives wrong answers before he gets the chance to bed her... or when he is looking for a virgintear and asks several women in the trade quarter.

i think both Secondchildren and 56236 make valid points ... Geralt is charming and "safe" .... sheesh who wouldn't throw herself (even himself! :D ) at him, even today ?

56236 said:
Maybe Geralt's attraction comes part of himbeing sterile which places him at a 100% safe position for all women. Think about it. Today, the fear of unexpected pregnancies scarespeople, but Geralt is guaranteed.
Yep. If you think about how much birth control was available in medieval times and how reliable it was, Geralt -- or another of the tiny number of witchers in existence -- was the ONLY safe option in the world.There's also the matter of disease. Geralt is immune to disease, so he won't be passing on syphilis, gonorrhea, or any other nasty things. The man could look like a warthog, and there'd be women who'd want him because of his being the only safe man to have sex with that most of those women would ever see.Then add the fact that Geralt is an honorable man who cares about people -- a good man -- AND a dangerous man who can kill you as easily as he breathes. A dangerous man who's not actually dangerous to the people around him? That's probably almost as rare as being sterile and disease-free ... and very nearly as attractive.No, it doesn't surprise me how many women throw themselves at Geralt. What surprises me is how many women want some sort of trinket or the other -- a bouquet of tulips or a pair of gloves or a ring like Alina's or something. But then, it IS an RPG ... gotta have quests. ;)

Corylea said:
No, it doesn't surprise me how many women throw themselves at Geralt. What surprises me is how many women want some sort of trinket or the other -- a bouquet of tulips or a pair of gloves or a ring like Alina's or something. But then, it IS an RPG ... gotta have quests. ;)
Attributed to poverty, women's ego and the way of the 'game'... no, not The Witcher... you know what I mean.From our games point of view, quests are important, but the art of wooing someone in is still perilously striking even for the modern ages. ;)

Geralt a cheater? It really depends on your choices in the storyline doesn't it. It struck me from the dialogue that the whole Triss/Shani thing rather put Geralt in a difficult and uncomfortable place - "caught between a rock and a hard place" as it were. The whole amnesia thing would make anyone uneasy to make any sort of commitment, and I was a little annoyed that there was no option to chose neither and just get on with witchering.I suppose the moral choice of staying true to either Triss or Shani sorta took a backseat to collecting the whole set of cards for me. My collecting habits has made me a monster it seems, ruining storylines and lengthening gametime.Geralt's not bad, its whose driving him :evil:

Guest 2005166

Chuckles said:
Geralt a cheater? It really depends on your choices in the storyline doesn't it. It struck me from the dialogue that the whole Triss/Shani thing rather put Geralt in a difficult and uncomfortable place - "caught between a rock and a hard place" as it were. The whole amnesia thing would make anyone uneasy to make any sort of commitment, and I was a little annoyed that there was no option to chose neither and just get on with witchering.I suppose the moral choice of staying true to either Triss or Shani sorta took a backseat to collecting the whole set of cards for me. My collecting habits has made me a monster it seems, ruining storylines and lengthening gametime.Geralt's not bad, its whose driving him :evil:
Now, that´s a good one. I always searched for that option, too. "Come on girls, it was nice with you, but I am what I am... uhm... gone witchering, see you!" ("Btw, the boy is with X... why don´t you play house with him?")But this relationship didn´t trouble me in any other way - neither Triss nor Shani really got damn angry when Geralt had some little affair. I so much wished, they would have reacted to the sexaffairs as they did to Geralt´s heavy drinking. But while the strong stench of boozy breath (and the most terrible carreening) caused reactions inbetween lack of understanding and pity, the probable "scent of love", a strangers perfume etc. didn´t cause anything. Good, do I really consider him a cheater? At the point he got into one of these "relationships" - yes. It seemed especially more unfair when he was with Shani, as when he was with Triss... well, Triss is Triss (I guess I don´t have to elaborate more, right?) That´s why I prefered to chose Triss and the cheating didn´t seem so bad. :evil:

Top Bottom