Do you (devs) actually use RedKit making this game?

+
Do you (devs) actually use RedKit making this game?

Hello. I want to ask you something.
You see, in RedKit description it's written that this editor is also used for Cyberpunk 2077. Is that so? I mean that recently I've tried to study the editor and found it rather buggy and underdeveloped. And being in this state it wasn't updated since the last spring. So I'm curious, is all those bugs and problems don't bother you (devs) or you use some other version? In latter case will you update it after Cyberpunk release or I would have to buy this game to get it?

VERY unlikely.
RedKit is a toolbox designed to allow semi-computer literate/skilled users to use/modify pre-built objects or script events (within limits). While it's VERY useful it's not nearly as capable as the tools a designer uses. Think of RedKit as the tools your local mechanic uses to fix your car, not nearly as complex as what the manufacturer used to design it.

Cyberpunk will use the new RedEngine. Check the FAQ.

If I'm not mistaken, he is asking if the devs use RedKit, not whether the game uses RedEngine. Those aren't necessarily the same thing.

Devs may very well use RedKit, I don't know. But the fact that they have deeper access to the game's code means that they could conceivably have tools that can manipulate the game in ways that the public release of RedKit won't be able to, whether because of complexity in use or the ability to break the game too easily, or whatever.

Well, it's more that the version of RedKit he's seen isn't the one working with the new RedEngine, as far as I know. Tools and all. The RedKit in the wild is the one used for Witcher 2.

'The engine uses an updated version of CD Projekt Red's REDkit editor, a toolset tailor-made for producing RPGs. The tool allows developers to build numerous quests in a branch-like pattern and set them in an open environment in which free-roaming players can complete them at their discretion.

Previous iterations of the REDengine were used to develop The Witcher 2 for Windows PC and Xbox 360. CD Projekt Red will use REDengine 3 in the development of its science fiction RPG Cyberpunk 2077, slated for release in 2015."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/1/3940422/cd-projekt-red-announces-redengine-3

I'm still pretty skeptical of a 2015 release, but apparently REDkit (and REDengine) are a lot more capable then I'd assumed.

plus they will be comfortable with the engine and probably aren't doing the byzantine monstrosities that some people would want as the game.

Top Bottom