Do you expect to finish CP2077?

+

Do you expect to finish CP2077?

• Total voters
I know for a fact that I personally get very distracted in these open world games, such as Fallout and the Elder scrolls. Despite having played them alot, I have actually never complete either Skyrim or Fallout. Not because they are bad games or I wished them to be any different, but I always end up doing everything else rather than moving the story forward, which I don't see as a bad thing, because each time I pick them up, I find a lot of new things to do. Which helps make them feel interesting. :D

I rarely replay games, if ever, that I have completed, such as the Mass effect series, which are pretty linear. Even the Witcher 3, I haven't played again, even though I will probably do that at some point, because it is a lot more open than Mass effect, and I know that I missed a lot of things.

So was thinking about how many of you, that expect to play CP2077 to the end? :)

Last edited:
I know for a fact that I personally get very distracted in these open world games, such as Fallout and the Elder scrolls. Despite having playing them alot, I have actually never complete either Skyrim or Fallout. Not because they are bad games or I wished them to be any different, but I always end up doing everything else rather than moving the story forward, which I don't see as a bad thing, because each time I pick them up, I find a lot of new things to do. Which helps make them feel interesting. :D

Personally I never had such problems with finishing an open world game, because even if like you I'm usually focusing on side content, as soon as I begin to feel my will to play it drain I'm starting to do main quest only thus finishing the game.

Unless the game is a huge pile of shit (but I don't think that's the case), I always complete the games that I decide to play (and not just try), at least I want to reach the ending and see the credits roll.
The last game I remember I gave up on was Final Fantasy XV last spring, because of how bad was written.

Plus, CP should have a good replayability value, so my intention is to play the game more than once and do things differently.
So....I expect to finish the game. The problem is "when". I'll take my time and I'll do everything at my pace.

Unless the game is a huge pile of shit (but I don't think that's the case), I always complete the games that I decide to play (and not just try), at least I want to reach the ending and see the credits roll.
The last game I remember I gave up on was Final Fantasy XV last spring, because of how bad was written.

Plus, CP should have a good replayability value, so my intention is to play the game more than once and do things differently.
So....I expect to finish the game. The problem is "when". I'll take my time and I'll do everything at my pace.
I'm of a similar mindset. I like to take my time with open world games and experience as much of the game world as I can. I mean why rush through the game, completely missing the world the devs have created? And I with you on the replayability, if Cyberpunk is anything like Witcher 3 one play through isn't gonna be enough.
But to answer the question, yes I do expect to finish Cyberpunk 2077. Only after I've had the chance to experience everything Night city and it's surrounding have to offer.

What do you mean by finish the game? Assuming you mean the main story - yes, absolutely I plan on finishing that. But if you mean doing all the filler as well, then no.

Guest 4406876

I'll finish it, or not it doesn't matter, but If I'll get to the end I'll take my sweet time :D . I care more about the experience and the gameplay within the world than the ending(s).

Hello seeing that there are already three factions, so already probably three different endings, the finished will not be an end in itself, especially if we believe what has been said on the branches of the quests, and quests secondary, there will be many possibilities. So the replayability is insane, I imagine myself spending hundreds of hours, not counting the possibilities with the DLC, if they manage this universe well, I think we are going on a game that will occupy us for several years (way to speak ). I think that is also why it is so expected, and that postponements every time, really hurt! To come back to the question, of course I intend to finish it in any way possible. But the wait is long ....... very, very long ..... it is even depressing, and I am serious. :rolleyes:

I know for a fact that I personally get very distracted in these open world games, such as Fallout and the Elder scrolls. Despite having playing them alot, I have actually never complete either Skyrim or Fallout. Not because they are bad games or I wished them to be any different, but I always end up doing everything else rather than moving the story forward, which I don't see as a bad thing, because each time I pick them up, I find a lot of new things to do. Which helps make them feel interesting. :D

I rarely replay games, if ever, that I have completed, such as the Mass effect series, which are pretty linear. Even the Witcher 3, I haven't played again, even though I will probably do that at some point, because it is a lot more open than Mass effect, and I know that I missed a lot of things.

So was thinking about how many of you, that expect to play CP2077 to the end? :)

Oh, I'll finish Cyberpunk 2077, no mistakes. But I'll probably get distracted with sidequests and the like, and start looking for mods after the first completion.

the only game that i liked that i did not finish was witcher 3. about every other game that i really liked i played multible times. as an exemple: i played the original deux es (with and without the big mod) at least a dozend times. mass effect 1-3 a couple of times. crpgs of all kinds at least 3 times. Kotor... i lost count.

so yeah i expect to play the damm thing many many times. it seems to hit all my boxes - should that hold true, i will have some shit to do ;D

As long as I don't come down with a case of restartitis. The problem will occur if I can't get past a certain point in the game without feeling like I need to start over. DOS2 was the last game I did this with. Restarted the game so many times that I eventually just got sick of replaying the beginning, set the game down and haven't picked it up since. Pathfinder: Kingmaker almost got me but I pushed through it somehow. (was really proud of that moment.)

Yes. Absolutely.

I intend to play the snot out of CP2077. While there is a danger of me getting carried away by the open world, I do intend to experience the game fully, including its story and different styles of playthrough.

Statistically, finishing RPGs is not common for me. I am leaving games unfinished more often than not, but its worth talking about why not. Usually its because of one of two reasons:
1. The game is not good enough to maintain my interest.
2. I am more interested in the open world than the game's main story.

A game like VtM:Bloodlines, I don't even have an idea how many times I've finished it.. 12-15 times? Granted its got quite short story, but its also extremely good. It ticks all the boxes.

Skyrim, I never finished because the main story was more of an annoyance than enjoyable. Instead of dealing with the annoying dragons that appeared everywhere, I chose not to return the stone tablet and continue the main story. This meant that the dragons never spawned and I could enjoy the open world the way it was.

Witcher 3 I haven't finished, although I will probably soldier it through before CP2077 launches.. The reason why I haven't played it is different. In recent years I have come to completely loathe RPGs with boring, cliche male protagonists, which are unfortunately extremely common. To the point how there is basically nothing else. Geralt is a textbook example of such - he even speaks with a boring monotonous voice (I know the explanation - it seems more like an excuse). I just can't make myself to care for such characters anymore. I can't relate. The more I think about the gender inequality, the more it troubles me. No amount of story can counteract this anymore. No matter how good the story is. The same thing goes for RDR2 story. I can't be arsed to play it. Morgan is guilty of the capital crime of gender inequality. I would've preferred to play as Sadie. I don't give a flying fuck about Morgan.

So I am only looking for major games with female protagonists, and I can only think of three AAA ones at the moment. AC:Odyssey, CP2077 and AC:Valhalla. I hope more games take the route of letting the player choose the gender of the protagonist. Its time to move past this dirt stain.

ps. I'm also over the generic fantasy genre. It doesn't really excite me anymore.

The reason why I haven't played it is different. In recent years I have come to completely loathe RPGs with boring, cliche male protagonists, which are unfortunately extremely common. To the point how there is basically nothing else.

Have you tried Disco Elysium? It is in my opinion a true RPG, where you can shape your character to be this male cliché – or you can completely counterdict it and other characters with stereotypical views.
I'm only recommending it because I, too, like RPGs (like those you mention), but Disco Elysium was the first in a long time to really get me involved, because I felt taken serious as an adult gamer.
So if you haven't, try it out.

By the way, I finished it once and didn't even want a second try because my first playthrough felt "real" and I didn't want to change my story, even with my failures.

I hope to finish it - at least the main story.

Not sure I will ever "100%" the game, but I'll give it the college try!

No, I actually don't. Although I enjoy a well-written plot and follow it to a certain point I am and always have been an ambiance player. A game's atmosphere is way more important to me than everything else, and finishing a great game is like closing a really good book (and I hate that feeling). So finishing is simply not important.

Top Bottom