Do you expect to finish CP2077?

+

Do you expect to finish CP2077?

• Total voters
At least 6 characters (2 genders for each of the 3 Lifepaths), but the number of actually finished "playthroughs" will depend. I keep at least 2 playthroughs active at a time because I like parallel plots. If the main quest is well done and offers diverse conclusions, I might just finish all 6 eventually.

I'll start with a male Nomad (basically roleplaying myself) then a female Corpo as 2nd character after finishing the Nomad prelude and seeing Night City for the first time. The order in which the other characters will be created is still in planning. Depends on the mood, the season and what my horoscope says, I guess ~ :ohstopit:

Based on the archetypes I usually finish Fallout and The Elder Scrolls games with, I expect to finish the main quest at least twice. Quite open to spoiling myself with online guides (when they come out) first then picking the 2 most sharply contrasted endings~~The Corpo will be making callus and controversial decisions and most likely gets a sinister/evil ending while the Nomad tries to be moderately good and eventually gets a happy ending (there can be happy endings even though Cyberpunk is a cruel universe, right?? Right??? :sad:).

There is a pretty good chance I will finish the main story with the Corpo first even though she started second. For some reason, a calculative corporate winning in this universe just feels canonical. Seeing a sinister ending first will also make the 2nd, happier ending I see feel more rewarding.

The rest of my playtime will likely be spread across doing side quests, exploring the marvelous open world and taking it easy :sleep:

At least 6 characters (2 genders for each of the 3 Lifepaths), but the number of actually finished "playthroughs" will depend. I keep at least 2 playthroughs active at a time because I like parallel plots. If the main quest is well done and offers diverse conclusions, I might just finish all 6 eventually.

I'll start with a male Nomad (basically roleplaying myself) then a female Corpo as 2nd character after finishing the Nomad prelude and seeing Night City for the first time. The order in which the other characters will be created is still in planning. Depends on the mood, the season and what my horoscope says, I guess ~ :ohstopit:

Based on the archetypes I usually finish Fallout and The Elder Scrolls games with, I expect to finish the main quest at least twice. Quite open to spoiling myself with online guides (when they come out) first then picking the 2 most sharply contrasted endings~~The Corpo will be making callus and controversial decisions and most likely gets a sinister/evil ending while the Nomad tries to be moderately good and eventually gets a happy ending (there can be happy endings even though Cyberpunk is a cruel universe, right?? Right??? :sad:).

There is a pretty good chance I will finish the main story with the Corpo first even though she started second. For some reason, a calculative corporate winning in this universe just feels canonical. Seeing a sinister ending first will also make the 2nd, happier ending I see feel more rewarding.

The rest of my playtime will likely be spread across doing side quests, exploring the marvelous open world and taking it easy :sleep:

I will likely go the first run as a Netrunner-sniper because I do like technical roles (this is entirely at odds with my tendency to blow stealth, and my enemies, out of the water with rocket or grenade launchers.)

Second run will probably be something more demolitions-prone.

Third run will be straight chaos as I run over anything and everything that proves unfriendly with a 2-door hatchback.

I voted 'yes' and hope I can do it. What a relatable post. I love open world games, but have I finished many? Not really. I skip around with different games often, especially when there's an element in the game that has either frustrated, or temporarily worn on me. I tend to get pulled into the side quests, because something about getting too deep into the main quest feels serious, and I like to walk around and goof a bit. Of course then I want the story to progress, so I attack the main story. I'm going through that now with Fallout 3 and 4 which I'm basically switching off on. Still I want to finish Cyberpunk 2077. It has a lot of elements and themes that intrigue me.
Post automatically merged:

Yes. Absolutely.

I intend to play the snot out of CP2077. While there is a danger of me getting carried away by the open world, I do intend to experience the game fully, including its story and different styles of playthrough.

Statistically, finishing RPGs is not common for me. I am leaving games unfinished more often than not, but its worth talking about why not. Usually its because of one of two reasons:
1. The game is not good enough to maintain my interest.
2. I am more interested in the open world than the game's main story.

A game like VtM:Bloodlines, I don't even have an idea how many times I've finished it.. 12-15 times? Granted its got quite short story, but its also extremely good. It ticks all the boxes.

Skyrim, I never finished because the main story was more of an annoyance than enjoyable. Instead of dealing with the annoying dragons that appeared everywhere, I chose not to return the stone tablet and continue the main story. This meant that the dragons never spawned and I could enjoy the open world the way it was.

Witcher 3 I haven't finished, although I will probably soldier it through before CP2077 launches.. The reason why I haven't played it is different. In recent years I have come to completely loathe RPGs with boring, cliche male protagonists, which are unfortunately extremely common. To the point how there is basically nothing else. Geralt is a textbook example of such - he even speaks with a boring monotonous voice (I know the explanation - it seems more like an excuse). I just can't make myself to care for such characters anymore. I can't relate. The more I think about the gender inequality, the more it troubles me. No amount of story can counteract this anymore. No matter how good the story is. The same thing goes for RDR2 story. I can't be arsed to play it. Morgan is guilty of the capital crime of gender inequality. I would've preferred to play as Sadie. I don't give a flying fuck about Morgan.

So I am only looking for major games with female protagonists, and I can only think of three AAA ones at the moment. AC:Odyssey, CP2077 and AC:Valhalla. I hope more games take the route of letting the player choose the gender of the protagonist. Its time to move past this dirt stain.

ps. I'm also over the generic fantasy genre. It doesn't really excite me anymore.

Wow, I didn't expect to see a perspective like that about Witcher 3. I tried to play Witcher 3, and couldn't get into Geralt and it was enough throw me off despite the game looking visually quite lovely. Maybe if he looked and sounded like Henry Cavill, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm too spoiled by games with character creators. I keep going back to it, though... in between other games.

Last edited:
I voted 'yes' and hope I can do it. What a relatable post. I love open world games, but have I finished many? Not really. I skip around with different games often, especially when there's an element in the game that has either frustrated, or temporarily worn on me. I tend to get pulled into the side quests, because something about getting too deep into the main quest feels serious, and I like to walk around and goof a bit. Of course then I want the story to progress, so I attack the main story. I'm going through that now with Fallout 3 and 4 which I'm basically switching off on. Still I want to finish Cyberpunk 2077. It has a lot of elements and themes that intrigue me.

Wow, I didn't expect to see a perspective like that about Witcher 3. I tried to play Witcher 3, and couldn't get into Geralt and it was enough throw me off despite the game looking visually quite lovely. Maybe if he looked and sounded like Henry Cavill, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm too spoiled by games with character creators. I keep going back to it, though... in between other games.

There are very few games I've not finished. Metroid 2 for the Gameboy stands out as the lack of progress was due to my loaning the game cartridge to someone and never getting it back, as opposed to a lack of intent to finish.

Generally speaking, if I've played a game with intent to complete the main storyline, I've finished it at least once.

The plan to finish W3 by the time Cp2077 launches has just taken a serious blow as I now have AC Valhalla and to call it nothing short of excellent would be downplaying it. It is 'only' an incremental improvement on almost all fronts to Odyssey, but it is an improvement. On all fronts. And Valhalla is one of the few games that lets me play as a female protagonist, so Im going to play this.

I never really thought much about playing Valhalla, but it is here, and Cyberpunk is not. Better deal with it. If they were out at the same time there would be no contest, just like there isn't now. Lol.

If I don't finish a game, it's because I didn't end up liking it enough to do it. That's all it really boils down to for me. Even getting lost in sidequest stuff, if I don't have the motivation to finish the main quest, I really couldn't have liked it that much

I'll finish it, or not it doesn't matter, but If I'll get to the end I'll take my sweet time :D . I care more about the experience and the gameplay within the world than the ending(s).
That's exactly how I am too. I play games to experience the worlds created for us and experience the story as it unfolds. If the game holds my interest well, I will play the crap out of it and get to the end eventually.

For some resaon my most aniticpated games ever look like this:

Half Life 2, bought release day (2004): Didnt finish til 2006 or 07.
Fallout 4, was at store at midnight (2015): Didnt finish til 2018

For whatever reason i would stop halfway and leave it. Like half reading a book. Only coming back and starting over to complete years later.
I dont want to do that for CP77, and I absolutely intend to finish. The biggerer the game, the bettererer. Give us an involved world (one of the reasons im disappointed we cant buy apartments/businesses)
Maybe we can buy apartments/businesses in the online version similar to GTA Online or Red Dead Online. Those are 2 games who's online versions I find to be very compelling and I play them a lot so I hope CDPR has examined them and adapted what they feel worked in them and added something similar but all their own to CP2077 online. I don't think we have really heard any details about it.

Last edited:
CP2077 online. I don't think we have really heard any details about it.

We haven't heard much beyond it happening since CDPR is working on getting CP2077 ready for release.
We'll hear more about it post-launch. Give it two or three months before we start hearing rumors, four-five months before we start hearing official news of CP2077 Online.

I know for a fact that I personally get very distracted in these open world games, such as Fallout and the Elder scrolls. Despite having playing them alot, I have actually never complete either Skyrim or Fallout. Not because they are bad games or I wished them to be any different, but I always end up doing everything else rather than moving the story forward, which I don't see as a bad thing, because each time I pick them up, I find a lot of new things to do. Which helps make them feel interesting. :D

I rarely replay games, if ever, that I have completed, such as the Mass effect series, which are pretty linear. Even the Witcher 3, I haven't played again, even though I will probably do that at some point, because it is a lot more open than Mass effect, and I know that I missed a lot of things.

So was thinking about how many of you, that expect to play CP2077 to the end? :)

I've actually completed Fallout 4 seven times. I completed Skyrim too but got bored with all the side missions.

Though I rarely buy games I don't intend to finish, unless they end up being a steaming pile of, well, you know.

Though I rarely buy games I don't intend to finish, unless they end up being a steaming pile of, well, you know.

Yes those steaming piles of goodness sometimes get left on the shelf for a decade or two. Then you remember it and play it and realize you've got to mod it for compatibility issues and to make the graphics up to snuff :p

50/50

Factors:
  • Do I "get" the gameplay? If no, I typically lose interest after the novelty wears off and never complete the game.
  • Is it at the right difficulty level for me? If no, I just quit when it gets too much. (Difficulty slides are typically worthless as "easy" more often than not just remove the gameplay completely. So there is effectively no gameplay and I get bored.)

I can't tell either from current marketing material.

Yep. And probably within 2 weeks for the first playthrough, honestly. Even near completionist with almost all side quests.

I never finished Skyrim or the Witcher 3.

I did finish Fallout 4, but it took a long time. The hours alone I spend building settlements, lol.

I will finish Cyberpunk, but I expect it to take a long time. I get distracted easily. Id start a story quest, start moving towards my objective and just never make it.

In Fallout it got to the point I would just stay in Diamond City and complete all the quests that can be finished without leaving.

Probably the same thing will happen with CP2077. I will try to complete as much nomad stuff as possible before entering NC, because once I get there, that's the point of no return

Soon? Probably not. Probably in several years after all the expansions are release, I'll probably finish a playthrough. Now's more for the experience. More likely to finish TW3 before CP2077.

A big reason for this is open world games mess with my brain. If you know Bartle's Taxonomy (originally made for multiplayer games, but it fits OK generally), I sit solidly in Explorer with a bit of Achiever. I want to experience all the content. I want to explore the whole map. If I don't watch myself, I'll find myself scanning open world maps between roads or other landmarks like a grid as if I'm searching for a buried dead body or something. I also inevitably get bored if that's all I do. I've gotta learn to stop doing that....

Top Bottom