Do you expect to finish CP2077?

+

Do you expect to finish CP2077?

• Total voters
Maybe i won't get a chance to play it multiple times, but i'm sure i get to finish it at least once

Knowing me, I'll first spend hours on character creation and make multiple "throwaway" toons until I get the perfect look. I like Corpo. I feel it kinda represents what my end game character will be however I'm going to start with Nomad because I'm new to NC so it's storyline fits. After the prologue, I'll start a new game and play as Streetkid. I'll run through it's starting story then finally start over again as Corpo. By that time, I'll have a way better understanding of the nooks and crannies of the game. I'll linger on all 3 versions of V until the online game comes out and then that's where I'll make my final version based on which one I liked the best.

I know for a fact that I personally get very distracted in these open world games, such as Fallout and the Elder scrolls. Despite having playing them alot, I have actually never complete either Skyrim or Fallout. Not because they are bad games or I wished them to be any different, but I always end up doing everything else rather than moving the story forward, which I don't see as a bad thing, because each time I pick them up, I find a lot of new things to do. Which helps make them feel interesting. :D

I rarely replay games, if ever, that I have completed, such as the Mass effect series, which are pretty linear. Even the Witcher 3, I haven't played again, even though I will probably do that at some point, because it is a lot more open than Mass effect, and I know that I missed a lot of things.

So was thinking about how many of you, that expect to play CP2077 to the end? :)
I still need to finish Witcher haha. I am currently playing Deus Ex tough, that was a hidden gem.!

I first wanted to write "of course, what a question".

But actually, I never finished Blood&Wine completely although Witcher 3 is definitely one of if not the favorite game of mine. But after almost 150 hours I was simply satisfied and just never found the time to get back into it.

So I doubt I won't finish the base game. But if there will be expansions I could once again see myself moving on even if I love the game.

But actually, I never finished Blood&Wine completely although Witcher 3 is definitely one of if not the favorite game of mine. But after almost 150 hours I was simply satisfied and just never found the time to get back into it.

So I doubt I won't finish the base game. But if there will be expansions I could once again see myself moving on even if I love the game.

I'm playing Witcher 3 now. I have played for 71 Hours. I am only level 8. I love it so far though. But I really doubt I will actually complete it. It doesnt matter what the game is -I have always been a slow leveler. Never hyper efficient, optimized, or anything. It always astounds me how much (so called?) "work" people get done in games. Unless I have a map icon telling me "Go to X Location and do Y thing" I......just wander around completely aimlessly. I look at or in every single thing. Open every drawer and box and whatever.

I kill some things. Sometimes weaker than me but still dangerous. Sometimes a lot stronger. I was level 5 and killed a pack of level 10 bandits to save an elf by leading the men into a pack of wolves (Monster Infighting takes me back to Diablo ) and dancing around with a crossbow. IT WORKED. And then...I was attacked by a dire bear on the way back to that poor elf. I save scummed and got her eventually. Got that bear too. Likewise at level 5 I found a lvl 14 mob boss thing guarding a treasure and tried to fight it.

I actually found mobs that drop blue mutagen, so I farmed a while and made a Greater Blue Mutagen. Recently found Xenthias Sword relic.

One thing that makes 2077 different is that the world map isnt filled with mobs, travel overall is safer and faster.

I'm playing Witcher 3 now. I have played for 71 Hours. I am only level 8. I love it so far though. But I really doubt I will actually complete it. It doesnt matter what the game is -I have always been a slow leveler. Never hyper efficient, optimized, or anything. It always astounds me how much (so called?) "work" people get done in games. Unless I have a map icon telling me "Go to X Location and do Y thing" I......just wander around completely aimlessly. I look at or in every single thing. Open every drawer and box and whatever.

I kill some things. Sometimes weaker than me but still dangerous. Sometimes a lot stronger. I was level 5 and killed a pack of level 10 bandits to save an elf by leading the men into a pack of wolves (Monster Infighting takes me back to Diablo ) and dancing around with a crossbow. IT WORKED. And then...I was attacked by a dire bear on the way back to that poor elf. I save scummed and got her eventually. Got that bear too. Likewise at level 5 I found a lvl 14 mob boss thing guarding a treasure and tried to fight it.

I actually found mobs that drop blue mutagen, so I farmed a while and made a Greater Blue Mutagen. Recently found Xenthias Sword relic.

One thing that makes 2077 different is that the world map isnt filled with mobs, travel overall is safer and faster.
In general I think this is what is good about open world RPG, you can play them like you want and spend the time doing whatever you feel like. I remember in my playthrough, I sometimes just decided to take a boat and sail around checking out random things, because I wanted a break from questing, and at some point you might find something interesting or you might go back to questing some more. But to me its just nice, that its not like "Go here, then here and do that".

You got it all wrong, friend... the world map IS filled with mobs... just that, in this case, not all of them want your cybernetically-augmented giblets scattered across the scenery.

i think finishing games is mainly something done by high conscientious people. i can't imagine not finishing a game i paid money for, but then again my game purchases are all highly researched so i know it's something i'll enjoy. i don't understand people who buy games or things in general without tons of research. again, i think it's a high conscientiousness trait.

and finishing a great game is like closing a really good book (and I hate that feeling).
I totally get you on that. The sort of 'sadness' or gap you get because you want more of that game.

Though I guess that's where DLC and other content comes in. Good question OP, these are one of the challenging questions, but I guess we'll see what happens! I hope to finish as much as I can without rushing.

If the story is good, you'll tend to complete it. I mean CDPR's entire selling point for CP 2020 is the story itself. I generally always aim to finish games but now that you mention Skyrim. I dont think I have ever completed the man story for that, despite the hundreds of hours I have spent playing it.

I probably will... eventually. I tend to end up doing most if not all the available side quests I can from the start before going onto the main story; though from what I've heard so far though, I think it might be more manageable since apparently some stuff can only be done after story progress has been made.

I don't know about all of you but I intend to take my time and savour every moment of this game as it is the first real console game of Cyberpunk and I want to play the hell out of it besides we don't know how long we will have to wait for the next installment?

Pretty nice to see it's not just me who gets distracted way too much on some games and forgets to finish them lol.

I've not finished Fallout 4 for over 100 hours just because i kept chasing every single side quest.

I really can't keep up with long games but this game might be an exception.
Depending on the game, I can either finish it or get sidetracked horribly.
In a way, the comparably restricted world map (when compared to Fallout games especially) is a benefit, since it means I'll only spend three days scouring every inch of Night City and the surrounding Bad Lands, rather than a week or more.

Top Bottom