Do you feed your V?

+
No I don't feed my V. I find the consumables totally meaningless. You can finish the game without using a single one. Why eating food when you can simply use one of those boosters during combat? There is also no limitation to their use, which is not positive, since it's basically a cheat. They should have introduced something like the toxicity level present in The Witcher.

There arent any animations for consumables, so no. Theres absolutely no reason for me to use them outside of the very very small stat boost they give. Wasted opportunity imo.

After reading the emails at All Foods I only feed V fruits.
I also let her drink the water, what is it called...Still Water or something of that sort....?

The alcohols I always sell for money in the beginning then disassemble for parts.
And i do similarly: fruits, and also synth meat now and then (in V's line of work, some protein is very much needed, eh). Even before i're read All Foods shards - simply based on most food items' descriptions. And my V's favorite drink is exactly water (not sparkling), too. You're not alone, Jaszl_! :)

Alcohols, however, i don't disassemble. I collect 'em in V's car trunk just for the heck of it. Never know when V will want few shots of something particular, tequila or someelse. So far i managed to find 31 different kinds of bottled alcohol drinks, and few of them are quite rare. And with 31 being quite an odd number, i keep wondering if there is 32nd kind of alcohol drink which so far manages to dodge my attempts to find it.

After filling up my inventory from doing lots of NC stuff I would:

• Sell it off to a merchant
  • Go home
  • Feed the cat (what happens to the poor thing when/if you die?)
  • Use the 3 shells ;)
  • Take a shower
  • Eat food drink a beer
  • Work on upgrading my equipment
  • Watch the news
  • Go to bed

Next day drink water eat and do it all again! :love:

This would happen about two or three times a play session. Normally twice as I only gather high value items and use the junk perk for junk I pick up.

What 3 shells?

And which "junk perk"? How you get the cat given you'd need "junk" item "cat food" to get the cat, if it's about the auto-dismantle-junk perk? And if it's about auto-dismantle one, then you'd also break apart those 750-bucks-a-piece junk items, even that 4k-a-piece "junk" painting from one certain quest, even. So you probably meant some other perk?

Most curious.

Yes, I do feed my V.
I would appreciate if there was a need to eat, drink and sleep in the game. I mean, if after some hours V would get hungry and sleepy. This way there would be a good reason to go back to V's flat from time to time to relax, eat, drink and sleep. Taking a nap somewhere out in NC could create some nice storyline opportunities too. Currently my V does not sleep at all.
I remember such a simple system from some age-old RPG game - I really enjoyed it :)
And yes, animated eating in all those foodstalls would be great too.

What 3 shells?

And which "junk perk"? How you get the cat given you'd need "junk" item "cat food" to get the cat, if it's about the auto-dismantle-junk perk? And if it's about auto-dismantle one, then you'd also break apart those 750-bucks-a-piece junk items, even that 4k-a-piece "junk" painting from one certain quest, even. So you probably meant some other perk?

Most curious.

3 shells? Oh my either you are not interest in classic Science Fiction or you really are ignoring your apartment.
Watch Demolition Man! (You can thank me later).

Maybe classic is too strong a word but I thought the movie was great (for what it was) and it should be considered a cult classic (at least CDPR thought it was). Besides Sandra Bullock was at her PEEK of cutie-pie-cation in this movie.

Edit: Wait if you did not like Science Fiction would you have paid for this game? You are not really using your apartment are you? o_O

What the secret to everything?
Timing!
Got cat, art and rich before getting the perk! ;)
Post automatically merged:

Yes, I do feed my V.
I would appreciate if there was a need to eat, drink and sleep in the game. I mean, if after some hours V would get hungry and sleepy. This way there would be a good reason to go back to V's flat from time to time to relax, eat, drink and sleep. Taking a nap somewhere out in NC could create some nice storyline opportunities too. Currently my V does not sleep at all.
I remember such a simple system from some age-old RPG game - I really enjoyed it :)
And yes, animated eating in all those foodstalls would be great too.

And rent. after reading the Email that said I was behind in rent and needed to pay or I would be evicted I was so disappointed that was not actually in the game. This is one of the reasons it was too easy for me to get rich in the game. An on going expense like rent would have given the player another good reason to get their backside out of bed and go earn that blood money! I think the cars were suppose to be that as well but few people want to own 30 cars at once. Even rich people. I know I was not interested myself. In fact I wish there was a way to REMOVE cars from my vehicle list.

Last edited:
3 shells? Oh my either you are not interest in classic Science Fiction or you really are ignoring your apartment.
Watch Demolition Man! (You can thank me later).

Maybe classic is too strong a word but I thought the movie was great (for what it was) and it should be considered a cult classic (at least CDPR thought it was). Besides Sandra Bullock was at her PEEK of cutie-pie-cation in this movie.

Edit: Wait if you did not like Science Fiction would you have paid for this game? You are not really using your apartment are you? o_O

What the secret to everything?
Timing!
Got cat, art and rich before getting the perk! ;)
Post automatically merged:

And rent. after reading the Email that said I was behind in rent and needed to pay or I would be evicted I was so disappointed that was not actually in the game. This is one of the reasons it was too easy for me to get rich in the game. An on going expense like rent would have given the player another good reason to get their backside out of bed and go earn that blood money! I think the cars were suppose to be that as well but few people want to own 30 cars at once. Even rich people. I know I was not interested myself. In fact I wish there was a way to REMOVE cars from my vehicle list.
Ok, thanks.

Haha I thought I was being weird, but I got into the habit of always having a vege taco and a blue nicola every time I'm leaving the apartment from the corner vending machines on the way to the parking lot elevator.

Same if visiting a bar or a club during a mission I make sure to order a drink to blend in if I tend to be inconspicuous.

I don't really do it for RP purposes, though I have modded other games to have that requirement. I don't have auto health regen so I consume food to get my hp back; preferences are hot-dogs and chocolate. Oh, and collecting cat food for Nibbles.

I hadn't really considered the alcohol for RP in spite of it being a RL de-stressor! I think I mostly don't like the wobble-vision it gives you but I could see it being a thing before my (mostly) regular night-time crawl into bed. Assuming I don't dismantle it for parts (ingredients: water, malt, yeast, herbs/flavourings/whatevs, batteries, scrap metal, gun barrels).

Haha I thought I was being weird, but I got into the habit of always having a vege taco and a blue nicola every time I'm leaving the apartment from the corner vending machines on the way to the parking lot elevator.

Same if visiting a bar or a club during a mission I make sure to order a drink to blend in if I tend to be inconspicuous.
Haha, that's hilarious, because I got into the habit of always exposing myself, and shooting someone in the head before I even left the Megabuilding. And then I'd have a big beefy burrito in the parking garage before heading off to slaughter the harlots known as 'The Moxxes'. Or the Valentinos. It's all a blur anymore.

Haha, that's hilarious, because I got into the habit of always exposing myself, and shooting someone in the head before I even left the Megabuilding. And then I'd have a big beefy burrito in the parking garage before heading off to slaughter the harlots known as 'The Moxxes'. Or the Valentinos. It's all a blur anymore.

Sometimes a taco and a blue nicola solves all of that...

I typically feed my V. For the most part she receives a steady diet of water, burritos and fruit when I can get some. For me it's part of the role playing.

I would love to be able to sit down on a bar stool (I want to be able to sit on any chair, really), order a drink, and then have the bartender put it in front of V and let her drink it as we get in the scripted scenes. Same for diners and food. I would love for street vendors to sell food V could hold in her first-person hand in view and eat or drink. Hawt Dawgs, Buck-a-slice, coffee. I would do that as I wander around Night City.

As it is now, it is just a disappointing experience to engage with the food/drink system, so I don't.

My V would be rather much on the starvation and sleep deprivation side of things if I'm honest. And I can almost feel her gazing eyes be very judgemental on my lack of care.

I usually try to make it up with some casual driving while listening to good tunes.
And getting some magnificent head-explosions from my Grad-Sniper (I love that makeshift tank cannon)
Usually V then smiles again

There are a lot of decidedly unappetising consumables in the game. I've been hauling around some alcohol in case it was needed to complete some quest (as we saw in all the Witcher games), but the only one I can rememer was the 6th street target shooting contest, and I think they supply the alcohol.

Vixen is a bit of a fussy eater. She won't eat a lot of the things which appear in the game as food, unless she's really beaten up after a fight; but there are a few things which look reasonably wholesome, and she eats those. She drinks Vatnajokul for preference, or failing that Nicola. She doesn't have regular meals, but just snacks when she feels like it.

I try to maintain some routine, showering, sleeping, but without the real need (like some games with needs mechanics) I tend to forget.

I love collecting all the consumables in the game (also the junk), I like reading the descriptions. I keep one unit of each beverage.

I saw a mod on nexus someone made that required V to eat and drink. I've been thinking of getting that mod since currently food and drink is not only pointless, it all does the exact same thing so one isn't any different from another.

I think the reason the game doesn't enforce an eat/drink/sleep requirement on V per day is that it would call attention to the passage of each day. Doing the side quests and gigs can take a *long* time, while the main story is constantly telling you that you have very little time left, so that creates a conflict they may not want to spotlight.

Top Bottom