Do you feel bad when you queue into players with lower skill level ( in casual or seasonal)?

+

Do you feel bad and play softer if you queue someone whose skill level is much lower than yours?

• Yes, if I notice the player is not good enough I relax and sometimes let them win

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I play softer and slower but I would never let them win

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I don't care about opponen skill level and try to defeat them asap, even if not a challenge

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I have fun crushing them and using taunts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I play normal as every match

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
I've been playing some seasonal, I've a deck from last season which tweaked and performs very well, I mean I have some experience in this seasonal. Well the problem is that two of the matches were against players who seemed that were trying the mode with decks totally wrong for the mode. I don't know how the queuing system works right now but I didnt feel it was fair at all. At first I didn't notice and though it was part of their game plan, but in the 3rd round it was very obvious they were new to the mode. So I felt bad for them because this seasonal mode is specially cruel (everything just dies), and with 3 or 4 cards left I forfeited. It is not that they were doing a quest like some people, these players were just trying to play it, just very inexperienced.

So I wondered if someone is feeling like this when queuing into players way below your skill level.

NOTE: option 5 was added because option 3 was not neutral enough according to some. Only vote option 3 if you change your game style when you notice they're newcomers, taking a bit more risk to 2-0 them and go next game as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Yeah, I feel bad as well. Whenever I face someone who is clearly struggling, regardless of the mode, I assume they're a beginner, and I try to ensure they win at least one round and give them a GG after it's over (unless they disconnect near the end of the match). This game is bad enough with all the terrible people (usually netdeckers who don't have a creative bone in their bodies) who always go for the 2-0.

I'm a fairly new player myself, so I'm in a good position to answer: everybody's been a beginner at some point, and the best way to learn is through a bloody nose. I have had my bottom handed to me quite frequently in the beginning due to sequences of drastic mistakes, and I always took a small break after each loss to identify what was my worst play to avoid in future matches.

However, I second Prism's concern in the matter of casual and seasonal queue: some people with the audacity to bring their A-game to what should be a fun match causes me disbelief, especially when going for the 2-0 against someone new with a clearly weaker deck. I had the opportunity to go for the double win a few times, but I value my opponent's time in a casual match too, so I usually give them a round to account for their daily bonus crown quota - I even remember a guy who boosted my units with his last play so he clearly gave up while keep playing cards, so I passed right away to allow him a round. Next, in r3, he played a card just to pass the next one (as I assumed he would), and the card I played was an engine that matched his points over two rounds. When I passed, we drew the match and each got max crows for it. I can tell it felt literally like a win-win.

Guest 4563100

i play normal. how else will they learn?

Why is there no neutral option in the poll? I don't agree with any of the existing options.

This extremely rarely happens to me (and I almost never play seasonals except the previous one and Battle Rush), but when it does I don't really change anything. I don't play meta decks or netdecks in general, so I don't feel bad if I win against a newcomer with one of my decks. I don't play any slower than normally and I do not give free wins, because why should I. I'm not a pro player myself, either.

I do make sure to always send GG and never use taunts (except maybe if the opponent uses them, but newcomers never seem to).

Why is there no neutral option in the poll? I don't agree with any of the existing options.
The 3rd option was meant to be the most neutral one. I will add another option 'I play normal as every match', if anyone else already voted they can change the option

Guest 4416545

I do feel bad when i realize he is rank 25-30 and he/she do not even complete provisión cap and play a lot of bronzes, but anyway i destroy them haha since in casual im mostly trying new things and then just forfeit in my last turn so they get more Keys and craps.

Guest 4563100

What's the difference between option 3 and 5 now?

What's the difference between option 3 and 5 now?
I wanted to edit but it only would let me add a new one... It's practically same but option 3 'try to defeat them asap' maybe implies that once you notice they're newcomers, you take more risks than normally and go for 2-0 instead to go next game as soon as possible.

Last edited:

This extremely rarely happens to me (and I almost never play seasonals except the previous one and Battle Rush), but when it does I don't really change anything. I don't play meta decks or netdecks in general, so I don't feel bad if I win against a newcomer with one of my decks. I don't play any slower than normally and I do not give free wins, because why should I. I'm not a pro player myself, either.

I do make sure to always send GG and never use taunts (except maybe if the opponent uses them, but newcomers never seem to).
Agree with everything, except i am playing more seasonals hehrhr

DRK3

Forum veteran
Skill level and experience are two completely different things. Current version of gwent simply doesnt reward skill, but it rewards experience in the form of access to metadecks.

I do play a lot of casual and seasonal, and go easy on players who seem to struggle or have limited cardpools/ starter decks.
Plenty of times i win R1 vs these beginners on even cards, or even with CA, and drypass R2 when there's no advantage in doing so, although i ask if im doing the right thing, because i might give them the wrong impression that other players will do that too, which they wont, they will definitely go for the 2-0.

But from the moment they use netdecks (specially anything with Ball), even if they show lack of experience, i play relentless to win, i do taunt any mistakes they commit and dont give GGs ever to these players (so, like 90% of the times).

Top Bottom