Do you feel immersed in 2077? Well, you're not alone.

+
Came across this piece of music - always great. You'll know it when you hear it.

But the real treat, for me, was the comments below. I think PierreNoss sums it up in his post there and recent updates:

"Cant describe what this song makes me feel. First time I heard it, I was driving in watson, looking up at the mega buildings, the rain, the lights, the night sky. The characters and the city feel incredibly real.

May 2021 edit : 5 months after, I wish I could forget everything about the game and experience it again for the first time.

January 2022 edit : 1 year after, time passes too fast… Sometimes I play the game too much for a few days, so I get tired of it. Then I wait a few weeks, and I miss it so much… Feels like Night City calls you, so you launch the game after a hard day’s work, and it feels like home, feels like the city, the heavy atmosphere, the rain at night, it comforts you, you forget everything and feel so immersed into the world."

Despite the flaws, bugs and whatnot, I do. I still do feel immersed into the world whenever I visit. Yes, even if I can't play rollerderby or ride a bicycle in some race with a stranger or whatever. I feel like a visitor, yes, but a visitor to a strange, dangerous beautiful land.

Yeah, while I haven't finished the game and thus save my judgment until I have seen the end it has easily become one of my most favourite games. The atmosphere and everything is just breathtaking (pun intended).

I'm also looking forward to play the game again, but one part of my want to wait for 1.5 (even though I'm on PC) and the other doesn't want to continue because this means I will have finished it sooner than later.

Anyway, one sign for me if I enjoy a game is how much I use fast travel. The more I use, the less I enjoy the game. I haven't fast traveled once in Cyberpunk 2077. (I also go by foot to the locations and only drive if it is farther away, e.g. a different district.)

At one time yes

But now when i play i just wonder around looking for things to kill

Played male and female v once, don't really want to lose everything just to get more stuff to do

Came across this piece of music - always great. You'll know it when you hear it.

But the real treat, for me, was the comments below. I think PierreNoss sums it up in his post there and recent updates:

"Cant describe what this song makes me feel. First time I heard it, I was driving in watson, looking up at the mega buildings, the rain, the lights, the night sky. The characters and the city feel incredibly real.

May 2021 edit : 5 months after, I wish I could forget everything about the game and experience it again for the first time.

January 2022 edit : 1 year after, time passes too fast… Sometimes I play the game too much for a few days, so I get tired of it. Then I wait a few weeks, and I miss it so much… Feels like Night City calls you, so you launch the game after a hard day’s work, and it feels like home, feels like the city, the heavy atmosphere, the rain at night, it comforts you, you forget everything and feel so immersed into the world."

Despite the flaws, bugs and whatnot, I do. I still do feel immersed into the world whenever I visit. Yes, even if I can't play rollerderby or ride a bicycle in some race with a stranger or whatever. I feel like a visitor, yes, but a visitor to a strange, dangerous beautiful land.
Agree, CP can be very immersive at times no doubt there. And I also think that is one of the reasons it is getting so much attention even so long after launch, it has a lot of potential.

Even though a lot of the comments might be seen as negative or as criticism, I think ultimately CDPR should take this as something positive under the circumstances. CP could just have well have gone the way of Anthem or some of the other games that had terrible releases and as we know, either got cancelled or were abandoned.

My hope is that CDPR realize this and really care to bring this IP to its full potential, because it is definitely there. I would love to get back to CP at some point, especially if it receives a lot more open world content to further enhance this immersive experience that when works really makes this game a unique experience in my opinion.

"DO YOU FEEL IMMERSED IN 2077? WELL, YOU'RE NOT ALONE."

Yep. Still feel immersed by a landslide, especially with the latest mods like the vehicle .inis, with which you can mimic very realistic driving and super high speed racing, the public bus and taxi, with which you can sit back and relax and enjoy the city while you travel, the TPP mod, which its author has evaluated greatly with new features, so now you can enjoy your V with great new perspectives, and the N.C.A.R.T., with which you can enjoy and view the city from an entire new perspective.

So thank you very much modders, for a fantastic job well done, and thank you very much CDPR, for making one hell of a game.

While that was the case during the course of my first three playthroughs, it kind of stopped now due to the latest patch breaking a few key aspects that pull me out every time I try doing the intro again.

Like the street kid intro, having no music in the bar unless I restart the game after the character creation, Jackie walking through V's car after you park at Vic's place and just general jank when it comes to physics and object streaming (blindingly bright billboard LODs that normalize when you get closer, exploding furniture et. al.).

But yeah, the music... ah the music... I'm still listening to Kerry Eurodine and Samurai stuff to this day, and the one you posted just now provided some evocative feelings about Night City.

I miss the place and the feeling I used to get a while back, just waiting on CDPR to pull their finger out and fix the damned thing.

Bugs and game design apart, what pulls me out of the game most is how the main quest is completely disconnected from the rest of the game.

What got me, besides the bugs ang immersion shattering issues, was the main quest/story too. At once it is suggestion time is running out for V, and yet it encourages you to do side stuff. And the whole lack of pointlessness to it too. I get it "the journey that counts" but to me, the journey wasn't that great either, especially if you only look at the main quest/story.

It also doesn't help that there are no 3rd person cutscenes (well almost) to show how V is feeling. But then again, V is pretty much just the camera operator and is pretty much a blank slate, similar to a Skyrim character but voiced. :LOL:

What got me, besides the bugs ang immersion shattering issues, was the main quest/story too. At once it is suggestion time is running out for V, and yet it encourages you to do side stuff. And the whole lack of pointlessness to it too. I get it "the journey that counts" but to me, the journey wasn't that great either, especially if you only look at the main quest/story.

It also doesn't help that there are no 3rd person cutscenes (well almost) to show how V is feeling. But then again, V is pretty much just the camera operator and is pretty much a blank slate, similar to a Skyrim character but voiced. :LOL:
Well, yes. V is you.

It also doesn't help that there are no 3rd person cutscenes (well almost) to show how V is feeling.
Why should you show how V is feeling, where/when is your's which are important...?
I don't know, that's the goal... If you're not "happy" with Judy (for example), V is not happy. If you hate Johnny, V hate Johnny... It make no sense to "show" V's feelings :)
And it's only my opinion, but in Bethesda games, there is no emotion/feelings, never. They tried to add third person dialogues in Fallout4, but unfortunately, it doesn't work too...

Last edited:
I wish I could say I did but I don't. For me it comes down to the lack of little things to interact with. NC is beautiful, huge, and has no loading screens, but aside from being forced to listen to phone call and do some missions there really isn't anything to do. It feels empty.

I wish I could say I did but I don't. For me it comes down to the lack of little things to interact with. NC is beautiful, huge, and has no loading screens, but aside from being forced to listen to phone call and do some missions there really isn't anything to do. It feels empty.
just wait until everything is done and everything and everyone is lifeless. Over 200 hours in and the whole game world seems dead. i play only 1 characters in games so i will just have to wait and see if they add any life to the game

Yeah the more I play (4th playthrough), the more I take it slow and just enjoy breathing city. I really miss it when not playing for some time. So I wish there could be some additional things to do - dont care about minigames but just having a cause to visit afterlife or any other bar for a drink or small talk with npc.

Starfield drops this November, and it looks to be an amazing immersive rpg with over 150,000 lines of dialogue and made by Bethesda

I remember exactly where I was in the game when I noticed Isometric Air, it'll probably be impossible for me to ever separate it from the game now - it'll always conjure of fatalistic feelings from that point in the narrative where it seems V isn't going to get a happy ending.

Can't overstate how important music is and Cyberpunk's audio design really does a lot of heavy lifting.

Yes! weather + music + time of the day and night and where you are at the moment in game.
And some places may look completely different from the last time you've been there.
photomode_12122021_172319.png

Top Bottom