Do you get more XP if you play the game at higher difficulty?

+
Do you get more XP if you play the game at higher difficulty?

Do you get more XP if you go through the story and play the game at a higher difficulty ? So, if I play at easy level, I won't have reached high enough character level when I complete the story or what? Please advise.

Do you get more XP if you go through the story and play the game at a higher difficulty ? So, if I play at easy level, I won't have reached high enough character level when I complete the story or what? Please advise.

It's the other way round - if you play on a higher difficulty level, you get less XP. So go ahead and just enjoy the game :)

I can tell you that two hardest difficulties give the same amount XP for completing quests.

Actually, you may be correct. The difference is that the higher the difficulty, the slower you level up. The XP may or may not reduced, I'm not sure.

It's the other way round - if you play on a higher difficulty level, you get less XP. So go ahead and just enjoy the game :)

This is kinda dissappointing. I do not expect more experience from higher difficulty, but slowing down your progress is a pretty lame way to add difficulty. Now I am pondering to drop my difficulty to normal.

People keep saying that but when I tested it on a couple quests the rewards were the same across all difficulties.

I wonder where you get the info from.

I tested couple quests and mob kills in White Orchard on Blood and Broken Bones difficulty and Death March difficulty and I can say they gave me exactly same XP amount for everything I was doing. So I guess Vatt'ghern is right and there is no any XP differences.

YOu could have same XP, but it may required more XP to level up., Can anyone confrim or not. I do not want my progress to be 'punished' by picking a harder difficulty level.

I love slow leveling. This is not World of Warcraft or Skyrim where you level so fast by spamming one spell for 1 hour.

I've done some tests and amounts of exp needed to level and amounts of exp a couple of quests gave were exactly the same for Death March & Blood and Broken Bones. There was a difference in either amount of HP mobs had or amounts of damage my alternate yrden form did though because it killed level 1 wolves outright on blood & broken bones and the same wolves were brought down to 3/4 health on death march by the trap.

I've done some tests and amounts of exp needed to level and amounts of exp a couple of quests gave were exactly the same for Death March & Blood and Broken Bones. There was a difference in either amount of HP mobs had or amounts of damage my alternate yrden form did though because it killed level 1 wolves outright on blood & broken bones and the same wolves were brought down to 3/4 health on death march by the trap.

Have you also tested on lower difficulties?

"Original poster of this thread"
Thanks to all for the feedback. Just a quick question though, so far I have failed some of the "fail"able quests if you know what I mean. There is no way to go back and redo them, would that minus from the XP and character level when the whole story is completed? Thanks in advance.

I think they should really slow leveling on higher difficulties much more. I play on Death March not because I'm good with action games, but because I prefer to do all side quest and do some exploration before I continue wiht main quest. Now I'm 3-4 level over suggest levels of main quest and I did not even finished all side quest. And main quests becomes quiet easy now, even thought I sucks in action games and play on hardest.

"Original poster of this thread"
Thanks to all for the feedback. Just a quick question though, so far I have failed some of the "fail"able quests if you know what I mean. There is no way to go back and redo them, would that minus from the XP and character level when the whole story is completed? Thanks in advance.

No, it won't.

Top Bottom