Do you guys like the story?

+
I see a lot of people saying they don't like the game and I made a long post as to why, but I dont see anything about the story? Do you guys like the fact that your actions had no bearing on you or the world? Do you guys like the overarching story of Johnny taking over and the whole story is about you getting rid of him?

Its sort of okay in the abstract, but I feel there are too many things undermining it to really enjoy it for what it is. Not to mention its pretty much in direct contradiction of what I wanted from the game (be a badass merc in open Night City)

I hope that the main story wouldn't exist.

Yes and no

I like the idea of the story, the missions and some of the interactions but while alot of the characters are pretty decent and greatly voice acted, for me, you don't spend enough time or interact with them enough to form any sort of connection thus at some, if not all, moments im disconnected by how my characters reacting to how i the player feel, i suppose all the events that surround Jackie are a prime example of this, all i as a player think is "hurry up so i can get a bike"

Now my own character V i have no problem with, i did 2 playthrough as Female V an the actress is great to listen to and i found the most emotional scenes to actually be the credits 1 after committing suicide because reasons (that judy scene was heartbreaking) and 2 the nomad one is just great. V as a whole is a great character that i love but is sold short by the interactions and limited connections made available to them by the devs for the player.

Maybe im hard to please but as is the storys no bad, if they had spent more time allowing the player to build relationships with the characters involved, either good or bad, it probably would've went to great status.

Theres a reason ppl are wandering to the nomads while everything else is left in the dust, theres a small hint of the relationship building there, the rp elements, the emotion, the bond, sitting with your friends having a laugh etc etc, maybe thats what was intended i dont know, but while the hints of it all are there it just makes you pine for what should be

Top Bottom