Do you hate unhappy endings? (spoilers)

+

Happy or Sad endings?

• Happy

Votes: 82 71.3%
  • Sad

Votes: 33 28.7%

• Total voters
I myself prefer ultra good endings ! I don't like sad or bad endings . And I really dislike it when the main m.c in games has to die .

-Like good ending
-Can accept to let die my character for a really good reason ( Not that stupid ending of ME3 or Getting killed in 6 month because a biopuce In CP2077 )

I dont hate unhappy endings. I even like depressing/sad endings - if they make sense, that is, and provide some good character development, good answers in the end or something like that. Wasn't the case with CP77 story, for me.

Maybe the expansion will be just that. Not V but your own character not directly tied to the V quest line? Sounds like a lot of folks would buy that up in a heart beat.

not sure why everyone thinks V died. he just got a diagnosis based on if nothing changes, hes clearly going to try to change things. Now they could move on anyway, but they don't have to

V : " Open endings suck?"
Johnny : " I don't disagree."

....and yet....

...here we parlay.

I think there should have been an option to have a happy ending. Why is it only those who praise darkness and destruction who should have a good time?

I live for happy endings in a game. That's the force driving me through it all. Everything else is pointless.

I wrote this somewhere else, but I think it is ok to repeat it:

I was looking forward to this game. For years like many others. I pre-ordered even, because of the company politics, and because I enjoyed the Witcher series a lot. What could go wrong?

I spend 251 hours on this game until now. I made six different characters. All of those were deliberately stopped right at the 'Point of no return'. I wanted to lengthen the game and excitement. Needed to obtain all there was to obtain.

As a hardcore role-player I was determined to make sure my V survived the entire mess. But I wasn't quite sure if I had done the right thing. Both the Panam, Judy and Takemura line seemed to have the option leading to a good end. That was my thoughts at least.
I am very dedicated to my character. The character I spend time on building. The looks, the abilities and the levelling. Trying to do the right things towards everyone in the hope my character would have bigger chances to survive in the end. Kinda keeping several doors open to slip through if needed.
I was kind to those I suspected could benefit my V in the end. Even Johnny... I let him smoke, so...

But I was pretty confused during my last play-through and simply had to gain a peek towards the ending options before I went past the 'Point of no return'. I went to IGN to have a peek. I wasn't going to read it in detail I just wanted to have a fairly decent clue.

I became more and more surprised reading these lines. No ending seemed good. There simply wasn't any happy ending at all. I simply didn't believe it and searched the net for more insight. But the result was the same. They told there even was a 'secret ending', but this was also a sad one. I couldn't believe it? What was going on here?!

Then I went to these forums but the answer I got was the same: No happy ending - out of 7 possible.

I simply didn't know what to do. Everything stopped right there! There was no point in trying to save V when there was no way to do it?
Why did I spend all this time on this game? Well, both time, money and feelings. It was as if someone just slammed the door right in my face in that moment and locked it from the other side.

Of course I became frustrated. Then I went mad. But today I just don't care. I'm locking Cyberpunk out of my system.
You do make bad decisions sometimes, right? I just never imagined this could happen to a huge game like this. But it did. I'm still in shock somehow.

I know one thing for sure, I'm not buying any game from CDPR before way after release and the option to read some reviews. It's not about the money but my feelings. I simply feel tricked. Just cheated, or raped.

No happy ending.

I simply didn't know what to do. Everything stopped right there! There was no point in trying to save V when there was no way to do it?
Why did I spend all this time on this game? Well, both time, money and feelings. It was as if someone just slammed the door right in my face in that moment and locked it from the other side.

I know one thing for sure, I'm not buying any game from CDPR before way after release and the option to read some reviews. It's not about the money but my feelings. I simply feel tricked. Just cheated, or raped.

this takes the prize. i have no words - thing is we all would be chippin' in for a dakimakura, if not for the high likelihood it would turn out to be a violent offender too.

not sure why everyone thinks V died. he just got a diagnosis based on if nothing changes, hes clearly going to try to change things. Now they could move on anyway, but they don't have to
Granted it is only eluded that V dies in some endings and certainly does in others, but as you say why must V be dead for the expansion to not be about them?

My idea of a happy ending would be V missing the space station and going straight for the sun, with his wang out in the cutscene through his space suit.

Top Bottom