Do you have a chance of instant kill on stunned enemies?

+
Do you have a chance of instant kill on stunned enemies?

As the title says, and i am not only asking about Axii, but even if an enemy is stunned through your sword. Any details would be appreciated, thanks.

its linked in several ways: if you have enough adrenalin points and if your blow will be enough to kill them in one swipe then there is a good chance of an instakill.

there are swords that will give a good chance to "stun" and this really helps with instakills
you can instakill alot of lower level monsters/humans when you get up to higher levels.
there is nothing like taking on a pack of lvl 5 wolves at lvl 20 and just posing!

its linked in several ways: if you have enough adrenalin points and if your blow will be enough to kill them in one swipe then there is a good chance of an instakill.
you can instakill alot of lower level monsters/humans when you get up to higher levels.
there is nothing like taking on a pack of lvl 5 wolves at lvl 20 and just posing!

To expand on this, if you have enough damage from having maxed adrenaline points to kill them in one swipe, sure. However it's not like in TW2 where if you stunned an enemy you had a chance of an insta-kill on them (was pretty much all the time from what I remember). And as mentioned if you're level 30 fighting a level 5 wolf you're going to oneshot them.

But no, stuns do not equal any sort of insta-kill. There's a skill at the bottom of the Combat tree for that that gives you a 6% chance when maxed out at 2/2 for instant kills on whatever status effect NPCs, burning, dazed, poisoned, nothing happening, etc. Which is actually quite a lot of a percentage considering it's a 6% chance on every swing of your sword.

You can also pretty easily insta-kill knocked down enemies... especially flying ones if you get them right after they hit the ground

Just to make it clear, i am not talking about finishing moves, but instant kills, meaning the stunned enemy dies while your normal swipe would not be enough on it's own. The thing is, that i think that i have one shoted stunned bandits in full health, when they normally need around 3 hits to kill, but it does not trigger very often, that's why i am thining maye it's on my mind. Also Deadly precision seems to be triggering more when i have chance to stun, but this also could be on my mind. That's why i am asking. It also could be that sunned enemies receive more damage, so it might seem like an istant kill chance. Same with knockdown. It feels like instant kill, but it's not. EG. you will never one shot knocked down guards who have rediculous amount of HP.

It seems pretty clear cut to me OP that if an enemy is stunned or incapacitated in anyway then there is an opportunity for an instant kill on your next attack. Whether or not that happens is a matter of chance I think but nevertheless the opportunity is still there.

I've killed a few humans in one shot when I Axii them. But it is chance based. Might be worth testing this: Axii + that 6% chance to instant kill + 10% dismember chance from trophy + sword dismember chance.

Now I don't know if dismember only happens on the strike where you'd kill an opponent anyway, or can it even at full enemy health?

Top Bottom