Do you like 3D models of the leaders being on the board?

+
Yes, I do. :D

I'm not sure yet if I would prefer for their to be more room on the board.....

I'm thinking of the implications of not having the leaders as cards and that actually seems like it would make the game a lot more unpredictable. With leaders as cards most of the time you knew what your opponent was running. Now you could be running basically anything in your faction.

What is the source of this guys? And 3D models seem immature and unnecessary. Okay for Thronebreaker maybe, but not necessarily for Gwent.

Watch the Homecoming video.
Thanks.

EDIT (after watching the video):

PROS:
1. How good do the new cards look! I also liked the back of the cards.
2. And the mulligan and description screen. I also can't wait to see how the menus, card collection and deck-building screens will look! And the single-play campaign to unlock the Leader models, perhaps.
3. The third row is bye-bye after this, but at least the cards don't look like postage-stamps anymore! And due to the rows playing a role again (and a more important one than ever before with a different card-ability for either row), how you play the deck will be more important than the deck itself, unlike how it is now.
4. Since most cards can be used in two ways it seems, it'll add the much-needed strategy and randomness to the game instead of point-spamming or unreliably stupid Create.

CONS:
1. Yeah, the 3D models seem like a bad idea.
2. So does the graveyard-like board look. It reminds me a bit of Fable Fortune, since I haven't played Hearthstone.
3. What I'll miss the most is not the third row but the Silver class of cards. It was my favourite class, as it'd the most interesting cards. I wonder what'll happen to cards like Scorch and Decoy.
4. Judging by Iris, since most of the card's description will be changed too, I'm guessing most of the current decks will be useless. This is a pro as well as a con, depending on how you see it.

SUGGESTION:
1. If I'd to make one suggestion to the game and I hope CDPR is reading this: Get rid of that hand-shaped mouse-pointer. It doesn't do justice to the new visual update. Instead, come-up with a new pointer, and something bigger. And related to the Witcher franchise, preferably.
2. I'm glad that they finally got rid of the black outlines on cards, and hope that they do the same with Borders and Avatars.
3. I hope it'll be optimised enough to run smoothly on the older system requirements.

This isn't how I would've done it visually, but I'm still looking forward to it. I'm glad that I won't at least have to unlock all the cards from scratch. Play Gwent as much as you want/can fellas, specially with cards such as Imlerith: Sabbath. Because after Homecoming we'll be having a new Gwent game for sure!

Last edited:
Too simplistiс.
I think the original model of the Leshen from the Witcher 3 was much much better.
If they showed only monsters at first, I'm afraid to see human models.
But in fact you will not find a card board game with an ideal visual style.
Someone will say it's a Hearthstone, but it seems to me too bright, motley and childish.
Elder scrolls legends? Not the best models as well.

Last edited:
Remove them entirely. Solved.
Maybe you should start a poll there, to see how man likes/dislikes them.

I am more interested in what players would like to change than how many like or dislike.

If the board doesn't really need to be longer then I guess I don't mind them being there. I liked the leader animations as cards a lot though so if leaders still have abilities then I would like to see them come back over the 3d models.

I don't like them. It was better when they were cards, especially ones you could transmute, now they are like cartoons I think. Old Henselt, Radovid, Emhyr, the Usurper and many others have some awesome card art depicting a scene that allows the player to reach their own conclusions. I'd hate to see that go for something that looks like a plushie toy of a leader.

No, definitely no. I don't like perspective 3D table too. I think vision of the game field should be the same - top down. With new 3D elements, details, life, yes, but also with old view. And with old card-leaders, this models looks horrible. I made own picture with old view and card-leaders. In my opinion this combination looks much better. Picture under spoiler:

Right now I think what little I've seen of it shows potential. The models themselves looked cool enough and hopefully in the future they'll give them more to do visually than just stand there. We also don't know if there are still premium versions of leaders. Either way I like them more now than I did before.

Top Bottom