Do you like a random in Gwent?

+

Do you want to have a lot of random cards / abilities in Gwent?

• Total voters
I now wonder how many people from the audience of Gwent want the gwent to slide into random solitaire with a minimum of brain effort and a maximum of luck/top deck?

sounds salty, random everywhere, in your life, games, nature if you are so skilled and have a lot of brain try to throw pencil with same ricochet 10 times in a row xDD

sounds salty, random everywhere, in your life, games, nature if you are so skilled and have a lot of brain try to throw pencil with same ricochet 10 times in a row xDD
Penetration depends not on intelligence, but on skill.

As amateur chess player I of course hate complete randomness. Card games always have a certain randomness by definition but it shouldn't be too much. Then it becomes boring quickly but the decisions of game developers are always driven by greed. That's the way it is.

Randomness can be a good thing but only if you have some way of improving your odds. Card draws and random tutors are good because you can design your deck to minimize the risk and severity of low rolls. Create from a card pool you can't influence on the other hand is boring.

Damage a random enemy is bland but a random damaged enemy or a random enemy on the opposite row might be interesting since you have a way of influencing the randomness. Boost a random unit in your hand is also good since it depends on which units you choose to keep in hand.

That is when playing, when watching on the other hand randomness kills my interest in the stream. I want to see what choices a streamer makes in different situations and how those choices turn out for them. Watching a streamer get lucky some matches and unlucky other matches feels pointless.

It's the same with tournaments, I want to see who brings decks the opponents weren't prepared for and who makes the right calls during matches. When a game is decided by card draws or RNG it just makes me wonder why I'm even watching, I don't care who the luckiest player in the tournament is.

Guest 4305932

I now wonder how many people from the audience of Gwent want the gwent to slide into random solitaire with a minimum of brain effort and a maximum of luck/top deck?

But HC is not doing this so what's your point? Btw gwent is a card game not a strategic game

Yeah, I don’t mind a bit of RNG. It can be a lot of fun and still require some thought.

Like I said on the other RNG thread: From hundrets of cards in the PTR there are 35 cards with random abilities and I believe 10 cards with create, of which 5 are the runestones which are basically the same card. Out of the random crads, most are from the reveal archetype, in which you often times reveal cards from your opponents deck, so it makes sense to not show you their whole deck. Also it seems to encourage special/artifact decks so you can put some consistency in your reveals. Most of the other random cards are ongoin effects, like do one damage on turn end or when something dies, which makes sense to be random both from a technincal and a gameplay standpoint to reduce interruptions of the game.

Of course you can criticise the new design of reveal or say that you want to do every little point of damage yourself, but calling the game a "random solitaire with a minimum of brain effort" is not justified in my opinion. Especially with the new deck building your brain is challanged more than ever before to make a good deck (unless you netdeck of course).

i quoted enought point of why rng is needed in other thread
why not just start with all cards in your hand as a result no rng (like all players love to blame rng ), i think everyone understand how games will look like

no card draw rng, so if take your logic - more skill, but how accurate it? the point of rng is change standart situation , wich you cannot predict as a result you adapt to this situation and make your decision more skillfull, make a sentence that rng is less skill are totaly wrong

Oh, blimey. Look here everybody, yet another poll that has resulted completely against the developers decision and belief of what we want.

Guess we need more RNG, now.

I can appreciate slight randomness, but Homecoming is clearly taking it to excess and attempting to make it a cornerstone of the game. Whatever happened to "skill beats luck" anyway?

Oh, blimey. Look here everybody, yet another poll that has resulted completely against the developers decision and belief of what we want.

Honestly I had low hopes towards Homecoming when row reduction and bronze limits polled similarly unpopularly and they declared they were going to do 2 rows and 2-of limits anyway. It was not a good moment.

But HC is not doing this so what's your point? Btw gwent is a card game not a strategic game
I am sad to realize that the developers have promised to focus on the skill, and in return have given even more random cards, such as Spotter. On the old site it was written that this is a strategic game, but now the site has been updated and indeed this phrase no longer exists.

Controlled randomness is fine in small dozes (Vrihedd Dragoon, for example), but reveal random card in random deck for random effect or boost self between 0 and 11 is just down right imbecilic.
Very true, i got rekt by cantarela stealing my bdm, feelsbadman.

Guest 4305932

Because a poll with basied choices and 21 vote means something...

Because a poll with basied choices and 21 vote means something...

Oh, wow I've never heard that before.

Statistically; such an overwhelming percentage variance WILL NOT drastically change regardless how inflated the sample size becomes.

'Biased choices.' - You mean one in favor, one middling and one against?

*Scratches head*

Random is the main reason why I stopped playing HS - Random is the worst thing that can happen in a card game. If Gwent had become more random, I would definitely look for some alternative, such as Artifact.
For now, I am very happy with Gwent and I will be faithful to this game.
Artifacts in Albion for sale, you can buy it for other currency in many different games. In Albion it's easy and simple, you run and fight with creatures for silver and silver coins when you win, you should try do anything what is best for our company. That's great for us and everyone should be happy of this :) Let's try and be sure do you can deal with it. Sometimes only my supervisor got the right skill and competence. https://odealo.com/games/albion-online
I'm not great, I'm a silent, but my collegue is a alien. Like in Albion silver sell, and your other friends with many of zeros

Last edited:
I don't like RNG at all. I never pick cards involving RNG. I don't debate whether it's right or wrong, it is just not my thing.

There is good RNG and BAD RNG.
Card draw RNG can be good RNG - it is a card game after all, and there are some cards to reduce this.
Randomly distributed low damage is good RNG, because it will usually not have a massive effect and generates, usually, interesting synergies; while non-RNG would be absurdely powerful.
A random increasal of 0-11 points is absolutely bad RNG. There are no tactics, no interesting synergies with it. Your opponent plays the card and you are on the mercy of RNG whether you win or lose. There is no chance to adapt to a random boost that gives the card more than the provisions indicate they should.
The create mechanic... is generally not so good RNG. Especially not if the cardpool is wide and diverse!
Winning due to random effects generating much more than usual is usually nice(current version Shupe:Mage comes into mind)... but it is frustrating to lose against. As such, these things should be tamed to a reasonable level where they are not coming in effect often. As an unintended side-effect, not as the purpose of a card. The purpose of a card should be never RNG increasal.

I dislike all randoms... Wait I don't know any of you RANDOMS RANDOMS.

The ptr and hc polls suck too. Closed beta polls ftw.

Top Bottom