Do you like character creation system in Cyberpunk 2077?

+

Do you like character creation system in Cyberpunk 2077?

• Yes, I like it

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 33 23.4%
  • I find it acceptable, but I expected more than that

Votes: 82 58.2%

• Total voters
I really wish it was more extensive than it is. It matters to me because of the photo thing. I make a nice-looking character and when I venture out into that which is Night City, I look like my face was smashed in with a hammer. Repeatedly. Scrap said character and try again. More tattoos would be very nice and facial structure could use a bit of work. What's there now is...okay. More eye colours, better (more choices) make-up too. Maybe even some different piercing settings. The RIGHT hair colours that you choose, in the world, would be awesome. But I manage with what we have been given for the moment. Oh and pleaseohplease give us long hair!

Last edited:
Since there is no 3rd person view feature and the only way to see yourself is to look into the random mirror or the inventory screen I don't see the need for a lot of character design options. However, I would have liked some voice options because tbh the voices for V's characters suck. The female voice in particular sounds like a 19 year old brat and the male voice well what can ya say.. It also would have been better if the voice acting actually would have followed the written dialog more closely. There were some clever responses that voice actors just skipped over or improvised on.

I thought the developers at CD Projekt Red had learned from other developers how to create character-creator menus. One example of a far superior way to create characters is in Fallout 4.

In that game, the different facial parts are separated and can be modified individually by scrolling through a list and try out. Not to mention, body-features by adjusting inside a triangle the body through: athletic/thicc/thin; was well done. so, CD Projekt Red needs to update their tools in this regard.

In short, it's too clunky, and aren't arranged logically, so it's easy to scroll through and pick what you want.

Wished they had added something to addjust the width of arms, legs, chest and pelvis. Size would have been nice either. But i can understand that this would have caused additional work for items and vehicles perhaps. Still the width thing should have been no problem in this regard, hm?

I searched on youtube. the best one, in my opinion, is Skyrim. {I was in jail when this game came out. I was released in December 2019}. the weight of the character, the modeling of the eyebrows, up to the length of the nose. be able create a truly ugly or particularly beautiful character. impressive for the time.
Cyberpunk 2077 gives the possibility of creating a more simple character.

notice; I have nothing to say about sexuality, that's fine.

I underestimated the size of V's nose, other than than I think it's great.

what I like to see improved:
pubic hair
character shadows
character reflections

I can only say that I like it because I think I crafted me a damn nice looking V :LOL:
And since I never followed the news outlets Ididn't have any expectation of what it should be.

Would I liked more, sure... Im a sucker for that, but with what we got. I happy either way.

I can only say that I like it because I think I crafted me a damn nice looking V :LOL:
And since I never followed the news outlets Ididn't have any expectation of what it should be.

Would I liked more, sure... Im a sucker for that, but with what we got. I happy either way.

In that case i guess its good yours is not the average personalty or games never might have improved since pac man :>

If you said that you accept whatever new games does deliver to your screen because you have no expectations then i did not lost you and i am gratefull there are still players with expectations that the devs try to satisfy.
Okay ... Whatever you say.
All I said is that I didn't follow the news on CP77s production hype and so I didn't know anything beyond 'you can create a character of you own'. I've seen very many different takes on character creations, some more customizable, some less.
The creation system in this game falls in between xenoblade and fallout based on my references.
Not seeing anything wrong with stating that as a fact for myself.
But I guess there always people who expect or need more.

Also, stating that because of my stance with this game that is a bar of measure that games would'nt have evolved beyond pacman is quite a stretch. And an unfounded one at that.

All saw was that game trailer that showed male V in the bathrom before he gets shot by Dexter DeShawn, i think that was it and then a day before official release some gamestar preview, thats it. But even without trailer made expectations the ability to modify the charackters width, maker it more skinny or muscular/fat i did expect.

Didn't Dragon Age: Inquisition have multiple voices for the player-chosen gender? I remember being able to choose from 3 different voices for my male Inquisitor, for example.

If I recall Inquisition had male/female either english or american voice actors so two per gender. I think it may have been Dragon Age 2 that had 3 per gender, but I hated Dragon Age 2.

If I recall Inquisition had male/female either english or american voice actors so two per gender. I think it may have been Dragon Age 2 that had 3 per gender, but I hated Dragon Age 2.

DA2 had no voice choices. What you could affect was the attitude of the characters based on your dialogue choices. If you used lot of jokes, the character changed to be more light-hearted. If you chose the angry options, you became pissy and if you chose the snarky ones, you became sarcastic and passive-aggressive.

It actually changed a lot of lines in the game, but no one even noticed LOL.

DA2 had no voice choices. What you could affect was the attitude of the characters based on your dialogue choices. If you used lot of jokes, the character changed to be more light-hearted. If you chose the angry options, you became pissy and if you chose the snarky ones, you became sarcastic and passive-aggressive.

It actually changed a lot of lines in the game, but no one even noticed LOL.

Yeah i probably blocked much of the DA2 experience out my memory, disliked it with a passion.

For me, Dragon's Dogma has the best character creation system ever...
manofculture.jpg

Top Bottom