Do you like character creation system in Cyberpunk 2077?

+

Do you like character creation system in Cyberpunk 2077?

• Yes, I like it

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 33 23.4%
  • I find it acceptable, but I expected more than that

Votes: 82 58.2%

• Total voters
Do you like it? I saw many complaints about CC, seems like many people are unsatisfied with way we create our V.

As for me, I find it pretty decent. I am the person who can spend hours in CC trying to create the best protagonist and I can replay 5 hours of the game if I suddenly realize that I don't like eye color of my character :D So I take CC system extremely serious.

The only things I wish to be different in this case:

1) I prefer sliders to shape the face features myself, rather than use ready presets of eyes, nose etc
2) The light and FOV in Cyberpunk's CC are very confusing, low FOV makes the face look wider and bigger than it actually is with normal FOV values, and the green light corrupts skin tones and hair colors, making it appear completely different in game

On the other hand, I like hairstyles provided, eye colors and face features, and little details like nails shape, and in general it is easy to create good looking character.

What I would like in character creation mode is more tattoo options - like pick them for certain areas rather than whole body set at once.

And some backstory options like what kind of relavites, dead or alive which could be bring out in few dialogue options during the game would be a nice touch.

1) Probably just my awful character creation skills but I found it hard to create a character that didn’t look extremely cursed in third person.
2) Try as I might I couldn’t create handsome squidward
3) There needs to be more hair options, especially long hair. All I want is to RP as a dystopian future-Jesus.

It seems rather limited in variety, but then, we don't get to see much of the character, so I am not sure how much more it should be. This isn't a 1st person vs 3rd person thing. I am firmly (very firmly) in the 1st person camp, but they made it awkward with the magic mirrors and choices with how they present the character in the inventory panel. Picture mode is just... strange. Sometimes you can use it for selfies, other times, you can't.

No. It came nowhere near anything done in lower budget games, like Saints Row. Which is ridicules. I can make my skin silver and gold in Saints Row. While Kompeki plaza and Wizzy only have access to those type of skin mods. And almost all body modifications are unavailable to the player. So when I'm fighting razor, as one example. It's a freaking joke. Not even simple options where included. Such as the animals voice modulator. "immersion, immersion, immersion." Where's the immersion of believing I can beat the crap out of Razor. By having the same body mods.

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of any of it, overall its pretty stupid and don't even know why its even in the game. What is the point of all the eye , lip, mouth choices face tattoos etc if you barely ever see your face. Even looking at your face in the mirror is awkward due to the way V looks at the mirror. And why is there 3x more face tattoos/options than body tattoos/options when you see your body and arms 90% more. Also all the tattoo choices are pretty much terrible, sadly all the NPCs have better ones. And don't even get me started on the pointless gentiles. Too me its like they were going on all in on Character Creator then when which ever boss said that they are taking TPP cutscenes out of the game, the devs thru their hands up and gave one of their Teen kids the option to revamp character creator and we got this crap.

I voted "Yes, I like it", though I'm somewhere between that and "I find it acceptable, but I expected more than that". The character creator is decent, but could use more options. And the game should more closely represent your choices, both wrt the chest size when wearing clothes, and the various other mentioned issues, though this isn't always the character creator's fault.

I still think its quite important to be able to design your own character even if you dont see each other (like in life) most of the time.

I still think its quite important to be able to design your own character even if you dont see each other (like in life) most of the time.
I personally don't. With the games restriction. I'd rather it have been fully scrapped. And all the effort was moved to story. But I know why this happened. They need it for MP. So they did half now. The rest later.

The options are alright, there is some cool stuff in there. The lighting is horrible and should be fixed and the whole thing feels a little clunky (please let me zoom in and out more easily!).

I think it's ok as a BASE! But no in-game option to further customize V during my playthrough is kinda unforgivable in a game that was supposed to be all about style! Tattoo shops, barbers, plastic surgeons, etc. should be a thing and offer a few different options depending on which district you're in.

ya1

Forum regular
I don't care about an avatar in a fpp game. And I usually choose presets. What I don't like about character creation is that we are given attribute points to invest without being able to preview attribute trees. Basically you're forced to invest blind. Which btw makes little difference because so many perks are fake. But in principle this thing in character creation is wrong.

I'm not really a fan of any of it, overall its pretty stupid and don't even know why its even in the game. What is the point of all the eye , lip, mouth choices face tattoos etc if you barely ever see your face

For me personally, it still matters. I have to KNOW that my character looks this way, even if I can't see him. It is not very different from RL, I can't see my own face but it is important to know that I have a specific one :D Otherwise, immersion breaks.
The same is with books, when I read it, I have to understand what to imagine, I hate when book authors don't bother to describe the characters, especially the main one.

I personally don't. With the games restriction. I'd rather it have been fully scrapped. And all the effort was moved to story. But I know why this happened. They need it for MP. So they did half now. The rest later.
Bingo it could've had attention go to other areas of the game that really need it. Seems like it was a waste of a whole dev team
Post automatically merged:

For me personally, it still matters. I have to KNOW that my character looks this way, even if I can't see him. It is not very different from RL, I can't see my own face but it is important to know that I have a specific one :D Otherwise, immersion breaks.
The same is with books, when I read it, I have to understand what to imagine, I hate when book authors don't bother to describe the characters, especially the main one.
I understand that, but they could've just did a Far Cry 5 style creator a much more basic one. IMO its like character creator was created with the intentions of TPP cutscenes like they showed in almost every trailer.

First time i read that CP would be FPS because immersion, and considering all the promises that was made, i thought it was a cool idea, but i think the biggest problem is the lack of reflection, we can´t see our character in the game, unless you drive a bike... so the character customization is not a big deal.

Do you like it? I saw many complaints about CC, seems like many people are unsatisfied with way we create our V.

As for me, I find it pretty decent. I am the person who can spend hours in CC trying to create the best protagonist and I can replay 5 hours of the game if I suddenly realize that I don't like eye color of my character :D So I take CC system extremely serious.

The only things I wish to be different in this case:

1) I prefer sliders to shape the face features myself, rather than use ready presets of eyes, nose etc
2) The light and FOV in Cyberpunk's CC are very confusing, low FOV makes the face look wider and bigger than it actually is with normal FOV values, and the green light corrupts skin tones and hair colors, making it appear completely different in game

On the other hand, I like hairstyles provided, eye colors and face features, and little details like nails shape, and in general it is easy to create good looking character.

its actually pretty good for faces, you can create a lot of diversity there. but there could be a lot more options on other things, like tattoos, cyberware.

the biggest missing part imo is body type variation. Should have had 3 each, at the least.

id have liked a different male voice, but I know thats not feasible.

but whatevs, Its good enough I guess.

its actually pretty good for faces, you can create a lot of diversity there. but there could be a lot more options on other things, like tattoos, cyberware.

the biggest missing part imo is body type variation. Should have had 3 each, at the least.

id have liked a different male voice, but I know thats not feasible.

but whatevs, Its good enough I guess.
Didn't Dragon Age: Inquisition have multiple voices for the player-chosen gender? I remember being able to choose from 3 different voices for my male Inquisitor, for example.

Top Bottom