Do you like character creation system in Cyberpunk 2077?

+

Do you like character creation system in Cyberpunk 2077?

• Yes, I like it

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 33 23.4%
  • I find it acceptable, but I expected more than that

Votes: 82 58.2%

• Total voters
Biggest issue for me is the missing body type and height customisation.

Can't be fat, muscular, skinny, tall or average. Instead stuck with being a short dude.

It's fine, I guess.
But I expected something more... like, you know, what they said it was going to be...
preview.png

The CC is lacking, but not my biggest gripe with the game, however, it could use much more options, better UI, sliders, and more control over body type, skinny, fat, etc. A lot to ask for, sure, but not unrealistic for a AAA title. The tattoo selection was extremely minimal. Should be able to choose tats for individual parts, not just entire body at once. Same goes for piercings. Let me choose ears, nose, etc, individually. It is sad though to see games from decades ago with better customization. Games from the mid 2000s had full 100% custom CC, so why not CP in 2020? Well I think we know. They cut the content out.

never played dragon age, but that would be a lot of dialog in this game.
It's a hack of a lot of dialogue in Dragon Age. I don't think Dragon Age is, over all, nearly as good a series as The Witcher, but I do think they did character creation and (in the first game, anyway) origin stories reasonably well.

It's a hack of a lot of dialogue in Dragon Age. I don't think Dragon Age is, over all, nearly as good a series as The Witcher, but I do think they did character creation and (in the first game, anyway) origin stories reasonably well.

Considering the origin stories actually mattered all throughout the game when appropriate, "reasonably well" is a bit of an understatement.

The options do seem strangely limited in bizarre ways, and given that it's a first-person game, it almost would have made more sense to forego it entirely and just have a stock character for gender preference.

It's extremely limited, to the point you will find people with a V just like yours and that's in good part cause you cannot tweak your V outside CC.
Actually, you won't – apart from folk who just used the presets. If you scroll through the 'Share your V' thread, it's amazing what interesting – and different – characters people have created.

Exactly, and presenting your opinions as opinions and not fact makes all the difference.

You cannot have an objective statement about a subjective matter like whether a game mechanic is adequate for you or not.

That's like complaining that someone saying they like the color red is just an opinion.

Well, duh.

I'm okay with it. I don't like it particularly much, but it's better than ME:A's character creator -

Andromeda's CC keeps chasing me in nightmares. That is probably the worst character creator I've ever seen. My lord, Andromeda is such a joke. Still can't believe that Bioware had enough balls to release this game :LOL:

I had some fun with the character creation. It was lacking in a few departments like tattoo variety, but overall it was pretty good. I think it was a great customization. I liked it. Made three cool characters. :ok:

Mass effect andromeda character creation wasn't the best but it was okay. I wasn't contempt with how my character looked, but I still really like the game. Glitches and all.

I loved the approach -- but I would also love to see more options, colors, maybe the ability to pick starting gear, etc.

For me, Dragon's Dogma has the best character creation system ever...closely followed by Elite: Dangerous' Commander Creator. I love the option of having pre-built "sections" that can be mixed and matched, then "tweaked", without having to worry about non-descript, often self-defeating sliders that take forever to use...then result in final visuals nothing close to what I thought I was seeing on-screen.

So, yeah -- I had a blast with the character creator, and managed to come up with a look I really liked.

1613786302596.png

I'm not going to lie and say that the character creation isn't one of the biggest lies in this game cuz it is it's nothing but bait. There's aspects of it that where hyped before release that aren't even there. Cheekbones, buttocks, and literally any gender neutral options to name a few. But it's a good ground work if they could give us the end of character creation the advertised and rework the clothing so that it conforms to choices made in character creation. That would be ideal

I don't like the character creation(only talking about face/body/voice part, not include the background selecting part), but it doesn't bother me too much.
The reason is that they made some implants to be purely cosmetic.

Top Bottom