Do you like Ori?

+
As a community, I think we should knowledge two things:
  1. In the context of the whole industry, this isn't a bad game. Hell, I would even say that the artstyle, music, details, atmosphere are superb, one of the best worlds to look at I had seen in years. The gameplay shortcomings are there, but even I, who don't like racing or GTA type games, had a blast doing Clair's storyline with all those car races.
  2. The advertisement of this game was very misleading in a way that many things were shown out of context, many things were left unsaid and some were presented in a way that was supposed to create a notion, that game's mechanics will be up-to-date with or even surpass the standards of what we have seen in open world genre for the past 10-15 years, which isn't the case.
No point invalidates the other. People having blast with this game are not a proof of false advertisement's non existence, and false advertisement isn't a proof that no one can enjoy this title.

That's it!
you have perfectly summarized the topic!

And at least CDPR is trying to fix the errors and returns the money to those who are not satisfied.
At the moment I am expectant. If they keep their promises and release proper updates and free DLCs, I'll be glad to forgive.
If they don't keep to that, then we can guillotine them.

FkzAz

Forum regular
Oh, from a guy working for Moon Studios/Ori. Very interesting.

He's not even completely wrong, to be honest. Too bad it comes from a studio that just a year ago published "Ori and the will of the wisps" - a game that at release was a total mess itself, with such gamebreaking bugs (I well remember) that prevented me from going beyond half the story, wasting about twenty hours of play. Ah, the irony!

People should really learn to watch themselves before standing in the pulpit. But of course, throwing stones is much more fun - and a bit unprofessional, in this case.

The biggest problem with CP is not the bugs, and we all know that.

Bugs can get fixed.

Do you think it's acceptable that this game has this Police system?
Yes, it's the biggest disappointment of 2020 as far as gaming goes, but it's not the biggest scam of all time that would be Star Citizen....

Well.. Star Citizen... That's a back up project, that as some of us know, is mostly used as a... machine that cleans the cloths but it's not actualy cloth that they are cleaning?

As for the game itself, there is some seriously incredible tech in it. Really, there is.

If that game will ever be launched like a normal game? I doubt that. It got its own crowd mostly composed by large mamals that do like to swim in the open ocean.

I kinda see that game as a westerner gatcha game.. It's like.. If you are stepping into that realm, than it actualy is your own fault.

A pathetic tantrum to be quite honest. His take on CDPR and Murray has some truth to it but going out of his way to say it publicly on a forum... ResetEra on top... Is just pathetic.

CDPR had a vision way bigger than what they could realistically do, and they released a half baked game with a ton of features gone. Yes, it's true. But Cyberpunk is hardly one of the worst game to ever come out. Heck, they still made plenty of cash on it and some people, including myself, are perfectly enjoying the game as it is. Now it's time for CDPR to prove they can patch this game up. It probably won't be patched to the point that it's no longer an old gen game and has recovered all its missing features, but here's hoping the free updates and the DLC still upgrade the experience.

The biggest problem with CP is not the bugs, and we all know that.

Bugs can get fixed.

Do you think it's acceptable that this game has this Police system?

Sure, bug can be fixed - and sure: bugs are not the main, real problem of Cyberpunk 2077 -, but that's not the real point of my post.

The point is that it is quite hypocritical for the representative of an UNPROFESSIONAL studio to criticize the lack of professionalism of another studio - especially in those tones. If you want to put yourself in the pulpit, you need to have the right to stay there.

That said, I honestly find that this rage on Cyberpunk 2077 is getting a bit cloying. And I'll say this after being one of the first to criticize the countless delays, the false promises and the conditions of the game upon release: I'm not blindly supporting CDPR, I can assure you. Now, however, it's getting ridiculous: it's a game to the massacre, in which the same, identical concepts are repeated, over and over, and people queue to shovel shit on CDPR and to make themselves cool in the eyes of the public - even when (see above) they are not entitled at all.

CDPR has made many mistakes - serious ones too, for sure - and has promised to fix them. Free to believe it or not, free to wait or not, of course, but this public feast is becoming frankly nauseating. >_>'

The gameplay shortcomings are there, but even I, who don't like racing or GTA type games, had a blast doing Clair's storyline with all those car races.

I agree with everything you said. But for me this mission was the worst of them all. ;) Why? Because each of the races was heavily scripted. It was almost impossible to lose. The enemy cars were actually "waiting" (and/or respawning) for your vehicle if you had any problems with driving. The only moment in the entire race where you had to show some effort was at the very end (and only then you could "lose" or arrive in second/third place). There was no challenge in this whole chain of races (with the exception of some self-imposed rules: e.g. one could try to to beat the record in a race).

I did not know about this at first. I only realized it's all fake when I run into some obstacle and decided to slowly continue the race. And... I still managed to win. It was not a bug (at least I do not think so). It happened every time for me. I asked some people in other forums if they had a similar experience with the races. And it turned out that I am not the only one. I wonder if anyone here can also confirm this.

Last edited:
Does Cyberpunk 2077 or CDPR deserve any awards for how the game looks a year or more from now?

It depends. If they can manage to complete the game, they would've done something not many do in the AAA scene.

Certainly, one year is not enough to fix the game. The game is simply unfinished in everything. I think most of what devs said in 2018/19 weren't really lies. Things like branching quests, having a garage, etc...were planned, and then scrapped when the suits decided to cash in on the hype on ruin the game forever.

iCake

Forum veteran
Sure do! But that doesn't make me agree with what the game director said on resetera. Still, there's some truth to his words.

Last edited:
CDPR already take the MASSIVE GIANT L from both gamers, media, & overall game industry. what more do you guys want exactly?? LOL

I see this ORI games CEO as more of a quick rant that only look at one side of perspective, a very self-righteous one too. This is not special nor exactly unique than a simple tweets & posts from many people already.

So many people seems to forget that we have a whole year of CV-19 shenanigans that effected every industry like never before (& also this year btw). CDPR did made some very bad decisions but there are sure plenty of X factors that just ruin a proper game developement, on top of guaranteed pressures/demands by investors & gamers. Yes, some of us gamers/fans plenty of time downright demanding the game to get released after multiple delays, you guys really don't think that wouldn't effect the pressure from the investors to get it release? that would be pretty naive...

This is probably my last post regarding any kind of threads like this & I think I am better off posting stuffs that may help the devs, even though probably not popular & nobody gonna reply to it LOL

I have read it, but I think he is being a bit overly dramatic. CDPR made a mistake...

Yes. The gameplay teaser at Xbox's E3 2018 showcase was a mistake. Shipping CE Xbox One's was a mistake. Assuring the public it wasn't an Xbox exclusive because of the 2018 reveal was also a mistake Just like when someone beds a lover behind their SO's back. It was an accident. It just, ya know... kind of happened.

I was trying to make our lives soooo awesome, baby. Really. I did this for you. Alright? I didn't think it would turn out like this. We'll get through it.

CDPR already take the MASSIVE GIANT L from both gamers, media, & overall game industry. what more do you guys want exactly?? LOL

The only reason I let the defeated army flee in the TW franchise is because all my soldiers are tired after a well fought victory. :)

Just like when someone beds a lover behind their SO's back. It was an accident. It just, ya know... kind of happened.

I was trying to make our lives soooo awesome, baby. Really. I did this for you. Alright? I didn't think it would turn out like this. We'll get through it.
So CDPR is a company like all the others, who would have guessed.
As I stated, it was a mistake to release it for the older consoles, I stand by that, but get a grip man - this is just a game! The way you, judging from your post, are reacting is as if we are talking about something which does people real physical harm or threatens their livelihoods.

So CDPR is a company like all the others, who would have guessed.
As I stated, it was a mistake to release it for the older consoles, I stand by that, but get a grip man - this is just a game! The way you, judging from your post, are reacting is as if we are talking about something which does people real physical harm or threatens their livelihoods.

kek. Ain't even mad, bro. Hoping to get some people to quit making excuses for them is all. It's a bad practice on CDPR's part, but it couldn't have been completed without acolytes defending such behavior. The mistake wasn't what happened, the mistake was thinking it wouldn't be a big deal.

They're a business. If customers accept the "I'm sorry I fucked the neighbor's wife, but at least I didn't fuck your sister." bit, that's on them.

But Cyberpunk doesn't even feel like AAA. Most of the game mechanics are extremely outdated or just don't work at all.

The game was in development long enough and had all money to extend the staff, attract professional developers, buy proper engine mechanics, like they bought physics from Nvidia in their previous game, etc.

Instead they just spend hilarious amount of money on promo campaign, attracting celebrities like Keanu Reeves and Billie Eilish and so on.

The fact it is complex AAA is not and excuse imo
In that case, we might as well strip the tripple A title from almost every title released the past 15 years.
I think it's a better idea to stay away from commercial game journalism anyway, wait a few weeks after release of a product, and just investigate reviews from actual players.

Well, I ran into some news about CDPR making CP2077 years ago, bookmarked it, and pre-ordered. What I probably should've done, was bookmark it, then read player-reviews after release, and then I probably would've bought it anyway, since I'm a PC-gamer, and the bugs on PC are pretty minor after all.
I've played plenty games on PC that were much buggier, even years after release. Skyrim and Fallout 4 still crash on me fairly regularly, for example. Doesn't mean I don't have a blast playing them! Heck, I still occasionally play M.A.X. (I doubt many of you even remember that title), which is guaranteed to crash within 500 rounds, often within 200 even. Never fixed, but it's still one of my favourites (not far behind ME1, which has its own issues as well).

How about now?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/cyberpunk-2077-no-mans-sky-devs-lies-called-out-by-ori-developer/amp/

There's some solid points he makes. Does Cyberpunk 2077 or CDPR deserve any awards for how the game looks a year or more from now? Even with consumers experience in preordering video games, we still got suckered by CDPR. I see people suggesting just accepting 2077 as a wash ... And then waiting to buy the sequel?! Why would you invest money or time in something after they screwed you the first time around? How much can really be forgiven? I've gone back and forth with the arguments for and against but Mahler really sold me here. I may very well pick up all the DLC for this game, I'm not sure but I do want it to be complete. Simultaneously, I don't want to be one of those people that encourages game companies to use their customers as quality control, or continuously makes excuses and goes "simmer down" to everyone else that has justifiable anger over some conman getting caught in the act.

For me, this article served as a solid reminder that CDPR doesn't deserve to be able to sweep this under the rug.
I think he has a point and I doubt a lot of people believe the explanation that CDPR testing of the game didn't show a huge amount of issues.

But I think what is more important is that he point out something that seem to be a general problem in the gaming industry, which is the lack of quality or project control from some of these AAA studios are insanely poor.
It's so strange, because it should be fairly straight forward to figure out how you make money in this industry at the very basic level. Which is to make a good game, if that works then the game will sell and then the discussion about loot boxes, microtransactions etc. should come afterwards. But it seems like these people in charge of these projects does it the opposite way, how do we maximize profit and is it possible to make a game that is somewhat decent or acceptable at the same time, and in some companies cases if they can make a game that is build around loot boxes and microtransactions.

To me is seems utterly stupid..!! Make a good game and after that lots of people will love buying extra stuff for it.
But if the game is bad they don't want to buy stuff for it, because its a bad game!!, it's not really that complicated as I see it :D

One thing I always wondered about even before the release of CP, is that they wrote this on their material, might not have anything to do with CDPR at all, that is not my point.

1612544124830.png

But "Over 200 awards" for what? This was after they shows the E3 trailer, what exactly is an awards in the gaming industry?

"Winner best game of the show"? It was just a demo and not even a game at this point, and again nothing especially to do with CDPR, but it makes little sense I think with all these awards. Because clearly it is not a quality stamp :D

I agree with everything you said. But for me this mission was the worst of them all. ;) Why? Because each of the races was heavily scripted. It was almost impossible to lose. The enemy cars were actually "waiting" (and/or respawning) for your vehicle if you had any problems with driving. The only moment in the entire race where you had to show some effort was at the very end (and only then you could "lose" or arrive in second/third place). There was no challenge in this whole chain of races (with the exception of some self-imposed rules: e.g. one could try to to beat the record in a race).

I did not know about this at first. I only realized it's all fake when I run into some obstacle and decided to slowly continue the race. And... I still managed to win. It was not a bug (at least I do not think so). It happened every time for me. I asked some people in other forums if they had a similar experience with the races. And it turned out that I am not the only one. I wonder if anyone here can also confirm this.
Really? Because apart from some very unfortunate events when I lost control over wehicle and was stuck roof to the ground style, this whole thing was pretty adrenaline pumping one. Sure, I noticed that other cars were popping somewhere behind, but those that got in front of me were rather hard to get ahead of and getting them pinned down of left behind was really satisfying.

Loading Oris website I see a an owl and a creepy white pokemon, thank you very much, but i'll pass.
It might be something really beautiful to the eyes of a child and well crafted but it looks naive af, sorry, not my cupa.

The level of frustration must have been so high that it's posted:
If I go and buy a car and the car salesman sells me a car that supposedly has 300 horse power, but on the drive home after the purchase I notice that he switched out the motor when I wasn't looking, I'd be rightfully pissed off, cause I was deceived.
First, I doubt there's any car salesman selling snake oil, or might run the risk of losing their jobs, but then even if it was, again, I doubt anyone selling cars would have a set of new tires, add extra 200hp, new paint job, hovering on water for a symbolic payment, on the years after as a way to compensate.
It's disrespectful in my opinion, from one professional to another to publicly ditch their work, just because the strategy is thought to be not the most correct, knowing the influence and impact one has on the internet.
Apologies have been dropped, one might accept, but one might not forget.
What happens in the internet, stays in the internet... f.o.r.e.v.e.r.

Top Bottom