Do you like Ori?

+
As a community, I think we should knowledge two things:
  1. In the context of the whole industry, this isn't a bad game. Hell, I would even say that the artstyle, music, details, atmosphere are superb, one of the best worlds to look at I had seen in years. The gameplay shortcomings are there, but even I, who don't like racing or GTA type games, had a blast doing Clair's storyline with all those car races.
  2. The advertisement of this game was very misleading in a way that many things were shown out of context, many things were left unsaid and some were presented in a way that was supposed to create a notion, that game's mechanics will be up-to-date with or even surpass the standards of what we have seen in open world genre for the past 10-15 years, which isn't the case.

CP2077 is a pretty good game, even with the shortcomings. At 150 hours into the game, I would still buy it again. I don't see a reason to stop recommending that someone buy it. Unless they are on PS4, that is. Fix the bugs and work out some of the rough game play edges, like driving :( , and even without the cut content, and given the shallow world and somewhat short story, it will be really great.

As for the industry, I think that one studio has soured the ale. Comparing CDPR to that studio is going a little far. With CP2077, I think that the exaggerated hype for the game can be shared by on the studio, influencers, and the players. This resulted in an unchecked feedback loop, and I guess there wasn't enough interest in quenching it.

If anything, CDP/CDPR suffers from the sin of Pride. I think they created a monument with The Witcher 3, and they wanted to create another one with Cyberpunk 2077. Scuttlebutt says that this was more than they could reasonably accomplish.

As I have no history with CDP/CDPR, I find myself wondering whether the studio will just walk away. Will they follow up and treat CP2077 as an "early access" game and continue building it until it matches their internal dream? Will they simply define the dream as what they have, release a few bug fixes, maybe some DLC that they have prepped, and call it a wrap?

First, I doubt there's any car salesman selling snake oil, or might run the risk of losing their jobs, but then even if it was, again, I doubt anyone selling cars would have a set of new tires, add extra 200hp, new paint job, hovering on water for a symbolic payment, on the years after as a way to compensate.

Nope, no tires paint job or stuff but compensation in court :shrug:

FkzAz

Forum regular
CP2077 is a pretty good game, even with the shortcomings. At 150 hours into the game, I would still buy it again. I don't see a reason to stop recommending that someone buy it. Unless they are on PS4, that is. Fix the bugs and work out some of the rough game play edges, like driving :( , and even without the cut content, and given the shallow world and somewhat short story, it will be really great.

As for the industry, I think that one studio has soured the ale. Comparing CDPR to that studio is going a little far. With CP2077, I think that the exaggerated hype for the game can be shared by on the studio, influencers, and the players. This resulted in an unchecked feedback loop, and I guess there wasn't enough interest in quenching it.

If anything, CDP/CDPR suffers from the sin of Pride. I think they created a monument with The Witcher 3, and they wanted to create another one with Cyberpunk 2077. Scuttlebutt says that this was more than they could reasonably accomplish.

As I have no history with CDP/CDPR, I find myself wondering whether the studio will just walk away. Will they follow up and treat CP2077 as an "early access" game and continue building it until it matches their internal dream? Will they simply define the dream as what they have, release a few bug fixes, maybe some DLC that they have prepped, and call it a wrap?

They will stay with CP for at least 10 years.

CDPR isn't a big company like Ubisoft, it can't afford to waste resources, even Ubisoft in the game designs choices reuses it's assets.

They have the Assets created for a city, the tools to create it, the lessons learned (lol...) from making a open world City environment game with different vertical layers (that are flat out empy for now), etc etc, so they won't step into new territory in the game Genre or Setting.

It will be Fantasy\Medieval and City games they will produce. They have now 2 IPs with completely different settings and design philosophies. And that's allot in terms of € revenue potential, if they can deliver it ofc...

I am an optimistic person who accepts the reality that people can make mistakes so I have no problem with CDPR making mistakes as long as they accept that they have made a mistake and amend it.

If CDPR doesn't fix the game and includes everything promised, let's just say they will put me in a moral position that prevent me from paying for their products.

I laughed so hard when someone in this thread said everything on the Internet stays forever. Sure. Will you remember it ten years from now without an AI or script telling you "On this day?"

Irony upon irony.

It's disrespectful in my opinion, from one professional to another to publicly ditch their work, just because the strategy is thought to be not the most correct, knowing the influence and impact one has on the internet.
Apologies have been dropped, one might accept, but one might not forget.
It is disrespectful to sell the own customers something, that is not finished and/or not functional. But that is just my opinion.
This is his main critic and he is right, sorry.

I didn't preorder for years and after the desaster CP2077 was for me, personally, I will not do it ever again.
Again.
So, every developer takes the hit. Because I don't think that I'm the only one in the 8 mio.
And I don't think that CDPR will ever see this number again.
But that is just my opinion.

I laughed so hard when someone in this thread said everything on the Internet stays forever. Sure. Will you remember it ten years from now without an AI or script telling you "On this day?"

Irony upon irony.
Did not need a script to remember this ie..
Post automatically merged:

It is disrespectful to sell the own customers something, that is not finished and/or not functional. But that is just my opinion.
This is his main critic and he is right, sorry.
Yes, I got that. My point is, it's unprofessional, what's his agenda going public about it?
Either he does it in private or uses another alias if wants to go public.
I don't know the dude or his games, the minute I heard about him, his work and post about CP77, he suddenly lost a possible future client. Not that 1 customer is going to make any difference on his sales.
I don't think it's just unprofessional as it's weak, it almost feels like there's something personal behind it, like, someone in CDPR snatched his exgf, he had a few beers and went on an internet rampage to next day regret about it.
... i'm in stitches ahaha, what if that was indeed what happened :ROFLMAO:

I love to see people blindly vomiting their hate without making reference to 1 good thing about CP77, it goes to show what Cyberpunk means to them.

Last edited:
Did not need a script to remember this ie..

Yes, I got that. My point is, it's unprofessional, what's his agenda going public about it?
Either he does it in private or uses another alias if wants to go public.
I don't know the dude or his games, the minute I heard about him, his work and post about CP77, he suddenly lost a possible future client. Not that 1 customer is going to make any difference on his sales.
I don't think it's just unprofessional as it's weak, it almost feels like there's something personal behind it, like, someone in CDPR snatched his exgf, he had a few beers and went on an internet rampage to next day regret about it.
... i'm in stitches ahaha, what if that was indeed what happened :ROFLMAO:

I love to see people blindly vomiting their hate without making reference to 1 good thing about CP77, it goes to show what Cyberpunk means to them.
Oh Man.

I think many developers like games, too. You can't develop 24/7 if you're not into it.
Remember when some CDPR wrote the slogan: "We leave greed to others"? This is typical pro-games. Oh, how we loved it! But okay, not you. Because you think something like that is "unprofessionell"
Well, didn't aged well.

Throwing halfbaked games on the market, with big hype and low content and buggy, is not good for the gaming industry.
Not just CP2077. NMS, Fallout76, Anthem, the C&P Ubisofts.
The picture that CDPR draw of themselves, they would've understand that. But...

I think I wrote that down somewhere here, too. And I'm not in gaming industry and nobody at CDPR snatched me.
So, why I got the same opinon? A few days earlier?
Maybe you're just looking for somekind of explanation, that he can't be right. There must be some other reasons!

No.
I'm usually not an unforgiving person, but I make exceptions for gamestudios. Because they don't learn if "we" accept everything. It's already a big mess with microtransactions, lootboxes, stores, cut content for DLCs and max. overhyped games that are trash by release. And they're making millions and billions with that.
Accepting that and still throwing money at them means in a few years there is only sh*t to buy.
And mobile games, of course.

?!

Last edited:
Love Ori, love the devs, will never care about someone's off the clock opinion, moving on.

I am not pretending, I am stating that some of the criticism, not all, but some, is totally overblown - this is just my personal opinion.
Death threats and outright hate is over-blowing it. All other criticisms is not. They set the stage in interviews, videos, the expectations, and failed.

I think the purpose was to highlight issues viewed as industry wide. Concerns over behaviors he does not view as positive for the industry. Issues he believes are becoming increasingly normal. CDPR just happens to be a face to put on it at this time. Based on his personal opinions anyway.

15 years ago if I bought an "AAA" game it was typical to get a feature complete product. In current times if I buy an "AAA" game and get this type of product I'll temporarily go into shock. What does this say?

I won't say I agree with everything the guy says. His thoughts come off as a bit ranty (I've achieved grandmaster level at this, so I can identify :)). He's not far off the mark in certain areas though.

He makes Extremely Valid Points, and normally all the arguments I see against him is "So? I like the Game" and again, as he says. "That's Not the Point."
Though I'm not surprised that he apologized, Half of it seemed like a Rant than anything, more towards No Man's Sky for Stealing the Spotlight AND Still being less of a game at the start compared to his.
It's all fine and Dandy that people like Cyberpunk. Like he says, just cause you like the Taste of Snake Piss in a bottle doesn't mean they can go around promising shit that it can't do.

One thing I can absolutely give CDPR Props for though, is that their trying to Fix the Game and STILL trying to go through with their promises of Free DLC and so on. Though I won't ever let the stupide BS they pulled with their Marketing and Promises down. No one did this but them. They set the Expectations, They set the Standards, They set up the whole damn table. All the Backlash against them is all well Deserving.

Either way, it's their First Game. and in my Honest Opinion, even with all the Money they made. CP2077 is a Flop. Mostly on the bases of the Controversy they has caused. It LITERALLY rippled through the gaming Industry AND the Government. But again, it's their first game and their doing everything they can to get it on Track, even if that's beyond their capabilities at this point.
One thing though is, this Game and all this Fucking Mess is a MAJOR Learning experience for them. And IF they ever Decide to make a Cyberpunk2077 Sequel, Prequel or whatever. I'm positive they'll do a better job at it. OR at least I can hope they will and not pull the same stupid BS.

Nope i'm not looking for explanations, it's just that...

it's unprofessional, so much that the man himself took account for his actions, or he wouldn't post this next day

It has far more to do with the backlash I doubt he would've said anything had he not gotten the amount of flack he got for this.

It's still the right thing to do since as a rule of thumb it's extremely unprofessional to shit on anyone else from your own profession. It's just poor form. I just doubt he actually did it for the right reasons.

Last edited:
Nope i'm not looking for explanations, it's just that...

it's unprofessional, so much that the man himself took account for his actions, or he wouldn't post this next day
He apologize, because he went directly against a few people. And I can imagine how fanbois throw missles against him.
I went to that show a few times.

Just think about a Windows or Adobe Photoshop with just 10% of bugs and promised, but missing features like a few games mentioned already.
It seems the business itself isn't professionell. How customers throw themselves in front of studios, publishers isn't logical, either. How "journalist" go against them, but more often support the biggest sh*t. Nobody would accept an OS that isn't 98% fine, even if they don't use it in a productive manner.
Management, Shareholder and marketing using this, pulling development over the floor, selling us broken software to make the big money and stacking their boni. They are professionells.

And as I already said CDPR was in the same boat, smirking about EA, Activison B. and others and putting themselves above this companies. By your definition that was unprofessionell, too. Now we know better, it was just PR.

Either way, it's their First Game. and in my Honest Opinion, even with all the Money they made. CP2077 is a Flop. Mostly on the bases of the Controversy they has caused. It LITERALLY rippled through the gaming Industry AND the Government. But again, it's their first game and their doing everything they can to get it on Track, even if that's beyond their capabilities at this point.
It may be their first FPS-Looter Shooter (lets be honest, it is more that than a RPG), but it isn't their first game. They already had Witcher 1,2,3 and a few other games :) . And at least W3 went triple A, they know how it works. CP2077 wouldn't have sold 8 mio. preorders without W3.
And what they will fix or not is just wait&see. They can't repair their reputation, to that point they had before the release of CP2077. And they made their profit. The only thing that they could want to save is the money of selling dlcs and the multiplayer.

Last edited:
He apologize, because he went directly...

106541892_10156998059296216_7010305983865340108_o.jpg

Aunty Entity :
Alright choombas, let me interrupt you there.. what you say we leave it here, one day this goes multiplay we meet in NC and put an end to this with a conversation in Thunderdome ? Whoever wins takes the cake uh?

Nah, they just pop up uninvited, wave their stupid staves and are all "worship us or you'll get plague (which we will give you for not worshipping us)". They are a bunch of assholes, that's not what you are supposed to do on ascending to higher plane of existence

A guy who made a platformer simple game with content like 1% if what Cyberpunk is. He got attention, maybe that's what he wanted.

I don't play platformers, never had and never will.

I have read it, but I think he is being a bit overly dramatic. CDPR made a mistake releasing it for old consoles, yes but lets keep everything in perspective.
On PC the game has it's bugs but I have been enjoying it nevertheless.
I do not get the impression that anyone wants to sweep anything under the rug, otherwise the CEO wouldn't have published his video statement. They admitted their mistakes and now they are working to fix the problems.

What do you want to happen? Some sort of monthly 'mea Culpa' ceremony?
I think there are people who just want to rant and get attention. If i was disappointed at a game i would write a review give it low points and would go on with my life. Yet some people find amusement to punch some other people who have fun just because they doesn't seem to have fun themselves.

Top Bottom