Do you like Ori?

+
A guy who made a platformer simple game with content like 1% if what Cyberpunk is. He got attention, maybe that's what he wanted.

I don't play platformers, never had and never will.

How do you know it has 1% of Cyberpunk's content if you never played it?

Ori is a great game, one of best in it's genre, it is like a Witcher from the world of RPG.

Besides, it doesn't matter if he created something great or not, he still has his right to speak out his mind.

A guy who made a platformer simple game with content like 1% if what Cyberpunk is. He got attention, maybe that's what he wanted.

I don't play platformers, never had and never will.

So you never played it but you know what's in it?

I never played any of the Ori games, nor will I ever, as I have no interest in platformers either. As such, I don't make statements about the game. Furthermore, a cursory search indicates it is a highly acclaimed game. Something CP2077 can only aspire to at this point in time.

You like CP2077 and want to defend it. That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Don't make such ridiculous statements though, it undermines your own credibility.

Firstly as stated, I think people like you that try to pretend the rest of us are overreacting are a real problem. Companies need to be held accountable, not given a wishy washy pass.

What standard are people holding MS and Sony to in regards to their low quality machines? PS5 has had at least 2 patches to their buggy roll out and performance and that "machine" cost 6 times that of CP2077. So im wondering where the accountablility and outrage is to them.

So you never played it but you know what's in it?

I never played any of the Ori games, nor will I ever, as I have no interest in platformers either. As such, I don't make statements about the game. Furthermore, a cursory search indicates it is a highly acclaimed game. Something CP2077 can only aspire to at this point in time.

You like CP2077 and want to defend it. That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Don't make such ridiculous statements though, it undermines your own credibility.
Any platformer no matter how they do it will never be as resource and time requiring as a full scale open world game. The amount of possible bugs in platformer games is like 1% of what can go wring with a complex 3d open world game.

So, i don't need to play it, just use logic to know it's nothing complex like cp2077.

The guy made a joke of himself simply put.

How do you know it has 1% of Cyberpunk's content if you never played it?

Ehh... because it's a platformer.

And I dislike people taking crap on other people. I dislike people who don't respect themselves and that's what the guy did.

Any platformer no matter how they do it will never be as resource and time requiring as a full scale open world game. The amount of possible bugs in platformer games is like 1% of what can go wring with a complex 3d open world game.

So, i don't need to play it, just use logic to know it's nothing complex like cp2077.

The guy made a joke of himself simply put.

the point.gif

Ehh... because it's a platformer.
It's good platformer (metroidvania, to be more specific) with good visuals, story, music, game mechanics, balance and such. Cyberpunk is an action-RPG, but this game didn't deliver the mechanics necessary for this genre, not on a decent level. I believe no one will deny that. I agree that Ori is less expensive game, but comparing it with Cyberpunk is like to compare very good bicycle with Rolls Royce without wheels.

And I dislike people taking crap on other people.
Why, because of disgrace of the uniform? :D Guild solidarity?
The constructive criticism MUST exist, and it is even better if it comes from another game developers, rather than from gamers only, otherwise there will be no incentive to become better. All these 10/10 from game journalists sound like a joke in case of Cyberpunk. And it provokes a bad practice for developers, to work not for gamers, but for awards from journalists. Like it was with Fallout New Vegas, when the salary bonus for dev team was denied by top managers, because the game didn't reach 90+ on Metacritic.

This guy criticism was not constructive.

CP2077 is one of best games ever made IMHO. I will be surprised if it doesn't win majority of GOTY awards 2021, yet it doesn't really matters. It delivered everything i wanted from the game. Some stuff could be improved and I hope they will and new features be added as else its a wasted potential, because for me this game can possibly be the game of all games for me.. but need more to get there

If a person says "this game sucks!" Its very primitive and pretty much shows that this person has no dignity and respect to other people, doesn't understand that other people have different tastes. Now, i understand those people but they don't mean much to me, simple as that.

A platformer game is not of my interest, it's too simple. The guy throw thrash at CP devs that made a very ambitious project while he was doing a platformer and then he rants on how other devs should not be too ambitious. When you are ambitious, it often backfires in game industry, especially with greedy gaming journalism and this is what should be fought, not the ambitious devs. Those game have more bugs then non ambitious games that usually ride on proven concepts with safe game design behind the features. Another example of ambitious game is Fallout new vegas like you mentioned.

This guy criticism was not constructive.
How so? He said that advertising of Cyberpunk and No Man's Sky was fake and was created in order to confuse potential buyers, making them think they buying something else. Well that is impossible to deny. These games are just not what was promised on every level. No mention of consoles versions of the game which are literally unplayable, speaking about Cyberpunk in particular.

CP2077 is one of best games ever made IMHO.
IMHO is a key world. The game has it good sides no doubts, but lacks on so many levels, that it can be hardly called AAA, no speaking of clearly unfinished state of the game. If it's ok for you, it's fine, but asking other people to "show respect" to the company, which took their money with for the product they never delivered, that is beyond me... Cyberpunk would never had this amount of preorders if people knew exactly what they were buying.

A platformer game is not of my interest, it's too simple.
Ori is about that simple as Dark Souls is :)

The guy throw thrash at CP devs that made a very ambitious project while he was doing a platformer and then he rants on how other devs should not be too ambitious
You should be a cook to have a right to criticize a dish, I see...

What is the meaning of "platformer"? Is God of War a platformer? And was RDR2 a platformer until it released on XBox and months later on PC, too?
🤔

If CDPR fixes the danm endings I may trust them again, but there is a lot they need to fix, and is not only bugs, a lot of content is missing and needs to be added.
This screwed-up can be fixed if they listen to what people don't like and that must come before any dlcs, I will never buy dlcs with the endings as they are, don't want another mass effect 3 in my pc.
I do hope though that this "screw up" as you called it makes them open-minded to release the next games as BETA or Early Access, it will help them develop games that we will love without making the same mistakes again by releasing an unfinished product.

And I know people hate Betas or Early Access but that is a thing nowadays and we also hate Pre-Orders but Cyberpunk and many other games has proven that they sell a lot (Cyberpunk did sell 8Millions, that's not a small number)

Last edited:
How so? He said that advertising of Cyberpunk and No Man's Sky was fake and was created in order to confuse potential buyers, making them think they buying something else. Well that is impossible to deny. These games are just not what was promised on every level. No mention of consoles versions of the game which are literally unplayable, speaking about Cyberpunk in particular.
Like i said, i looked back at the trailers and demos about CP2077 and for me the final game is more then what I saw back then. The promises you talk about are in absolute majority blown up and twisted words of developers by gaming journalists. Example i gave In some post above:

Gamerant article:
Speaking to WCCFTech, Liu revealed that in Cyberpunk 2077, the police force is "up for hire" and that "laws exist to take bribes from corporations." The corporation could bribe the government to pass a law and then used the corrupt police force to send the law after players.

Title of the article:
CD Projekt RED reveals that Cyberpunk 2077 will have a 'wanted' system with corrupt police as well as 'powerful' NPCs who can come after the player character.

Conclusion:
Dev was talking about the background story of how police are in the game and why. Journalist hinted that there is some kind of bribery system where player can bribe cops. I have seen actually people talk about "You said i can bribe cops but I can't, you lied!".

This is just one example. So no, they didn't lie, some people bought the hype generated by click baiting gaming journalism. If you think otherwise well, you are free to.

IMHO is a key world. The game has it good sides no doubts, but lacks on so many levels, that it can be hardly called AAA, no speaking of clearly unfinished state of the game. If it's ok for you, it's fine, but asking other people to "show respect" to the company, which took their money with for the product they never delivered, that is beyond me... Cyberpunk would never had this amount of preorders if people knew exactly what they were buying.
Again, it's your opinion. My opinion:

The game has bugs, but no bugs that hinder the game from being great. I had to reload a save once and got a crash once, that's less then most games i played. It's definitely an AAA title, pretty much Ax4 title since few games can compare to the scale and ambition of this project.

The game is great and it shows in amount of refunds vs amount of orders. For 5 weeks after release it was the most bought game on steam. (Not sure if it's still is, maybe so). The game has almost or soon will be sold more after release then during pre-order. Not sure where you get your data from.

What is the meaning of "platformer"? Is God of War a platformer? And was RDR2 a platformer until it released on XBox and months later on PC, too?
🤔

Have you ever played super nintendo or snes? This was the golden age of platformers. First super mario games, contra, donkey Kong games, sonic. Platformer is a type of game where you are limited to run either left or right, it's flat. You usually have to jump a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom