Do you like TV series?

+
Do you like TV series?

There are some threads about favourite books, music etc. I found no threads about TV *series*. I'm not talking about movies. Personally I don't watch that much TV. There are only two series I really love. Knight Rider (as you can see from my avatar) and Dr. House (House MD).I love Knight Rider because I like the concept of the series. (Today still) quite an innovative car that has some kind of intelligence and the leitmotif that "one man can change the world", of cause that is some kind of dream.House rocks because of his cool sort of sarcasm and humour. Sometimes I really cannot stop laughing about that.So what series do you enjoy? :p

I love House too. It's absolutely the best series ever for me. I enjoy every single episode and watched all of them several times. When I grow up I'm gonna be Gregory House (too bad I'm all grown up already)

I am a fan of Showtime and HBO. I have not watched a Network TV show since the X-Files.HBOSopranosSex and the CitySix Feet underShowtimeWeedsDexterThe Tudors

I like the aforementioned House, Dexter, Weeds and My Name Is Earl. The original British The Office is gold too_Other great ones are the late and great:CarnivaleFireflyWonderfallsGilmore GirlsBrisco County JrThe WireHomicideNorthern ExposureStill live:LifeBurn NoticePsych/DanForgot a few, The Shield, Oz, Scrubs, That 70s Show...:

Well, the only TV is watch is on Saturdays, in the evening.Currently I am watching The Red Green Show, Red Dwarf (Brilliant!) and Doctor Who (the ninth, Cristhoper Ecclestone, though I'd liek toget my hands on the seasons of the first to eight doctor too ;D ).When I can find it, I love to waste time watching Monty Pyhtons Flying Circuis 8)

Any DVD speciality store worth its name should be able to get it. Or else through Amazon. Especially the complete collection including the special.Other great series that I managed to forget first two tries. The brilliant ReGenesis, Hex, Lexx, Witchblade and The Dresden Files. ReGenesis is still ongoing I think. Hex, Lexx, Witchblade and Dresden were cancelled unfortunately./Dan

The Dresden Files? Hmm, I recall a friedn of mine reading a book about a Harry (??) Dresden, some sort of modern day wizard, of I recall correctly. Is it the same? ???

Yep, The Dresden Files is a decent translation of the adventures of Harry Dresden. A few die hard purists might not like some of the changes. Much like some FOTR conservatives. But most people seem OK with the changes./Dan

TheSilver said:
The Dresden Files? Hmm, I recall a friedn of mine reading a book about a Harry (??) Dresden, some sort of modern day wizard, of I recall correctly. Is it the same? ???
by Jim Butcher, if you're interested in reading them.

So far i have finished *Firefly*Farscape*Babylon 5(ok i am a sci-fi fan )*Remake of "dark shadows" Currently watching "Northern exposure" , not sci-fi but pure poetry .I am not watching much TV apart from sports and a couple of series .

I love tv series. Currently, these are my love ones:Airwolf(oh yes, good old Airwolf)Babylon 5Buffy, the Vampire SlayerDark Angel (good, but the ending was really strange ???)Farscape (brilliant one)Firefly (still cannot understand, why it was cancelled :mad:)Lost (they should really move forward, it´s too long now)The Dead Zone PsychStar Trek (TNG, VOY, ENT)Stargate SG-1Stargate AtlantisXena (come on, this is classic :))and of course classical classic - Friends, the Simpsons, M.A.S.H.

Definitely both Stargate series.How I Met Your MotherBig Bang TheoryTwo and a Half MenFarscapeSome Mothers Do 'Ave 'EmMr. BeanAnd looking forward to Sanctuary http://www.scifi.com/sfw/interviews/sfw19557.html coming up this week.~ Roxy

More good TV series:Crime:The original British versions ofWire In The BloodCrackerSilent Witness (uncertain if it has been adapted).Historical:Brideshead RevisitedRomeHorror/thriller/occult:MillenniumAmerican GothicSFInvasion: EarthBattlestar Galactica, Invasion: EarthStarhunter and Starhunter 2300Space: Above and beyondFantasy:The 10th Kingdom. Seven hours of adventure, romance and sometimes hysterical whimsy.Old movie serials:Weissmüller and Crabbe as TarzanCrabbe as Flash GordonAdventures of Captain Marvel. Amazingly good superhero adventure from 41/Dan

Currently the only two major shows that I follow are Heroes and Dexter. Dexter being one of the best TV shows I've seen to date. I also follow Lost, though I'm really starting to lose interest fast. It's being dragged like hell.
RogueRoxy said:
And looking forward to Sanctuary http://www.scifi.com/sfw/interviews/sfw19557.html coming up this week.
I was also intrigued by it and I watched the first double episode today and was greatly disappointed. It was way too cheesy for me to bare.Acting was decent at best and the plot seemed rather unoriginal. I couldn't bring myself to watch it all the way through, mind you. I stopped watching at like 60% in.

I like old series like The PrisonerI like too Star trek Next Generation, Stargate, Babylon 5, Eureka, Battlestar Galactica, The Twilight Zone, Total Recall 2070 (only one season made, it's a shame)

Anyone liking Dexter on TV should read the Dexter books. Storylines diverge quickly from second season. The book series go a tad cosmic/occult later and remind me a bit of the Repairman Jack book series. Anyone liking Total Recall 2070 (that would include me) have a good chance appreciating the Tek War series./Dan

Top Bottom