Do you often buy kegs with real money?

+
Do you often buy kegs with real money?

Or you get most of the card by crafting/buy kegs with coins?

I only bought the starter pack, because I thought it was a good deal and I wanted to support CDPR anyways. Besides this I never and probably will never buy kegs for money. I'm a casual player and lots of the fun for me come from collecting cards. I like playing with the cards I have and saving up for cards that I really want. For me it is not necessary to speed things up by buying kegs with money.

General17491;n9498531 said:
I only bought the starter pack, because I thought it was a good deal and I wanted to support CDPR anyways. Besides this I never and probably will never buy kegs for money. I'm a casual player and lots of the fun for me come from collecting cards. I like playing with the cards I have and saving up for cards that I really want. For me it is not necessary to speed things up by buying kegs with money.

I also bought starter pack because I want to support them, I want to support more but now think of it I don't really need to speed thing. Plus my luck is bad and there is no special offer like starter pack.

I plan to buy the starter pack, but I'm not going to buy anything else because I consider it a bad deal. The Kegs are a much better deal than the Card packs in Hearthstone for example, but in the Czech Republic (where I'm from) I can buy half a kilo of chicken breasts for 3$. (I know it's a weird comparison, but I think meat prices is something that most people understand.) Since I can get 3-5 Kegs every day without paying anything, 2 kegs for the price of about two lunches seems excessive.
Also, since we don't use USD in the Czech Republic, there is also a fee for the conversion of currency, so it's actually a bit more than that.

I'd buy kegs regularly if the base ratio were one for 1$. (With better deals depending on how many you buy)

I love CDPR so I'm probably gonna buy kegs anyway, just to support CDPR. But I'd never buy the kegs to get cards.

Guest 4021160

I bought everything. All cards with money. I actually overpayed and had to mill my stacking cards so I got half the premiums as well. Initiate the judgement.

Back in closed beta I bought 90 kegs or so, to support the devs and also to have a bit more flexibility (I was already level 50 when I did that, so I already had a huge portion of the cards). Right now I'm only missing 10 cards or so on PC, so for now I'm not planning on buying more kegs there.

When starting to play on PS4 recently, I've bought the starter pack. But considering how unlucky I have been with kegs there it was kinda necessary and the scraps at least help me to get better silver cards (I'm only level 9 there right now and so far I only got bronze cards and maybe one silver from all kegs).

Considering how much time I have spend with Gwent, it's definitely worth every cent for me and the developers need to get money from somewhere to keep it going :).

I spend over a 100 euro because I want to support CDPR. I don't really feel like I must spend anything because the game is so generous. I mean you get 1-3 packs per day! You must be a fool to say something like grinding game or pay for win. I really hope they still earn enough money.

Ive thrown like 40 euro in the game starter pack included.Im just milling duplicate cards on the 3 factions im not using for now.

Karolis.petrikas;n9498701 said:
I bought everything. All cards with money. I actually overpayed and had to mill my stacking cards so I got half the premiums as well. Initiate the judgement.

Judgement? Thanks to players like you, freeloaders like me can actually play this awesome game without paying a penny. IMO you should get a cosmetic reward for supporting the devs this much.

Never have, never will. This type of microtransactions (where you pay for a CHANCE of getting cards) is absurd.

Bought 2 kegs. I'll probably buy more when the game releases. I'll definitely be getting the starter pack eventually because the value is too good.

amircheme;n9499871 said:
is the starter pack worth $5? i can buy Black Manta in Injustice 2 for $6.

Compared to how much normal kegs cost, you do get a lot more value from the starter pack!

After all, you get one gold premium, 10 kegs, and you get enough meteorite powder to turn a gold into a premium.

Of course you have to decide for yourself if it's worth the bucks for you :)

Guest 4021160

amircheme;n9500231 said:
Sounds like a pay-to-win game. Dear developer, please do something and don't be like other devs.
This is obviously a troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
amircheme;n9500231 said:
Sounds like a pay-to-win game. Dear developer, please do something and don't be like other devs.

It would only be that if you couldn't win without that starter pack. Which is not the case. Even though I bought that starter pack on PS4, aside from the premium Zoltan and only got bronze cards and one silver card so far (level 9) and I'm still able to win more than 60% of the games, even though some opponents had a lot lot more expensive decks.

Karolis.petrikas;n9500241 said:
This is obviously a troll. Go back under your bridge troll.

Im just asking a legit question. Why you gotta call me troll?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've spent $65 on the game. I was thinking about spending some more to get a full collection, since I'm still about 25k scrap away, but I've only gotten presented with duplicates for my last 5 or 6 legendary choices (which seems odd since I'm missing over half of them), so that, coupled with the fact that buying kegs is pretty poor value, means I probably won't buy anything else unless some huge expansion comes out.

Top Bottom