Do you prefer informative floating damage numbers or an immersive clear view?

+

Do you prefer informative floating damage numbers or a immersive clear view?

• Give me the Ticker tape scroll of numbers cascading from their bodies like candy from a pinata!

• Yes I like to see the numbers how else can I know what damage I am doing?

• It is good sometimes for troubleshooting but I normally keep it off.

• No it clutters the view too much and breaks immersion, the damage bar is a better damage feedback.

• I never play games that force you to visually wade through a wake of flowing damage numbers.

• Don't care either way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Personally I hate visual clutter during combat and the WORST thing I really hate but most games seem to love is what I call "Combat Fireworks" where you see dozens of intrusive exploding color effects even if all you do is swing a sword. It is like Walt Disney vomiting on your screen after drinking 7 rounds of a POUSSE-CAFÉ!

One of my mods (called Magic You Can Believe In) for oblivion was to change the cartoon effects of magic () in the game.
. .

Eye soar shaders:
1650089825787.png

Better Shaders :
1650089332225.png

Last edited:
Honeslty it depend, but generally I don't care :)
For me, it's rarely "too intrusive" in Cyberpunk due to my playstyle (mostly stealth and I generally defeat enemies one by one)
So I'm not sure which option that I have to choose...
(I never paid attention, but there is an option to disable that in the settings, no ?)

Honeslty it depend, but generally I don't care :)
For me, it's rarely "too intrusive" in Cyberpunk due to my playstyle (mostly stealth and I generally defeat enemies one by one)
So I'm not sure which option that I have to choose...
(I never paid attention, but there is an option to disable that in the settings, no ?)

YES there is an option and that is one of the reasons I PRE paid for the game a YEAR before I got the game. The Option to turn it off, this one thing (that they said would be in the game) proved to me they had the right mind set to make a game I would like.

Edit: added "dont care" to the poll.

I do realize that there are players that get their enjoyment from playing the game (and all that entails such as working the numbers ) and not necessary getting lost in immersion so I agree the best option is to have a game setting to turn this on or off.

Last edited:
I switch it off and try to clear screen as clear as possible. Health bar is acceptable but damage numbers feels like trash.

It's an RPG, give me numbers. CP2077's damage numbers are pretty well contained. Shotguns are a bit spammy though (and don't tell you much).

I dislike RPGs that spew ridiculous damage values though. If they've allowed the power creep to get too high, then it becomes meaningless. One game I played had damage values starting at 1 and increasing to over 100 billion per hit. I just don't see the point.

I would never be okay with something like the damage numbers and even a minimap in a game like Skyrim or even Fallout. Those are games where I expect to have as little on screen info as possible.

But I'm okay with it in CP2077, because its a game where people have cybernetics. Your Kiroshi's are supposed to be quite analytic and someone like Rogue even has MRI-scan ability. It really depends on the setting what you can drop on screen. Though I wouldnt mind if the damage numbers, for example, werent visble. Same for the current mission. The minimap on the other hand is fine, too useful when driving :p

DO YOU PREFER INFORMATIVE FLOATING DAMAGE NUMBERS OR AN IMMERSIVE CLEAR VIEW?

Prefer floating damage numbers to see how much damage I'm doing.

But would also prefer 1 total number for the normal shot and the critical shot together instead of 1 number for each like in this game. Find it rather confusing seeing the damage numbers of both the normal shot and the critical shot, as my brain always wants to calculate the two together.

Would appreciate it as well if the numbers within the total damage number would animate separately, like in FF5. Thought that was kinda immersive.

Generally, I like to keep my HUD clean and uncluttered. It really depends on the game I'm playing. In CP2077, I don't want to see numbers. I'm either doing enough damage or I'm not, the RPG combat mechanics aren't deep enough for me to feel like I need to see the minute details. Broad strokes are enough here.

I like a fixed health bar that shows something like 57/300 hit points or a percentage or whatever. I don't care about numbers too much and in this game they're not going crazy but all I really want to know how much progress I'm making on the enemy. Maybe there's a compromise: a health bar plus a fixed locations underneath or next to the health bar for individual hits; just let us keep off to the edge of the screen.

I like to have damage numbers, however lately in my two last playthroughs I have completely removed every HUD element on screen except the Ammo counter, and I really, really enjoy the game like this. I thought it would be painful to play due to not having the map or my health shown especially, but it actually didn't make much of a difference, if at all.
Actually, playing without the map actually increased my awareness and makes stealth missions a bit harder. It also made me learn Night City by memory, instead of just following the map's trail while I'm driving. Now, I've learned most useful routes to go to objectives or go back home.

I like having a GPS(including its weird quirks) while driving, eventhough I can get to a lot of places without a map. I just wish I had the ability to turn it off automatically when I get out of the vehicle.

There is an option to show all the damage above the enemy, which I always use. It helps to shoot from the long distances or throw the walls with single shot weapons, like pistols, precision or sniper rifles, where you can't be sure if you hit the enemy, without these numbers.

Well :D really like to see the damage made, if it is a formidable foe. Otherwise you adjust the bullet spree, or whatever it is your preference of destruction until it feels perfect. And I do not use crosshair anymore (was there a crosshair?),it is much more satisfying.

Top Bottom