Do you (still) care for cosmetics?

+

How much do you care for cosmetics?

• [5] Collector's OCD, gotta catch em all!

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • [4] I (only) go for the ones I like, even if I have to buy them

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • [3] I (only) go for the ones I like and are free

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • [2] I already have enough and no longer care for the new(er) ones

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • [1] I care little for cosmetics to begin with

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • [0] Other, please, explain...

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
Gwent has various cosmetics:
- Border
- Title
- Card back
- Board
- Leader skin

The thing is, as time passes by and players get more and more cosmetics (free or otherwise), the value of every subsequent cosmetic diminishes. Unless, CDPR tries something new, like an animated border, I suppose. But even then, players quickly find a (new) favorite cosmetic and stick with it. Or maybe not? Maybe you rotate weekly or maybe you are always pushing for the newest shinies?

When I was playing the game, I tried to collect most of the free ones even though I probably never was gonna use them because I already had another better cosmetic. On a rare occasion, there was a purchasable one I really liked, e.g. the ship board. What about you?

Other.

I will never change my avatar, border, or title, but I am willing to work for a cardback or a Leader skin if something really great appears.

I don't care about collecting even free ones and especially not ones locked in Reward Trees if they're not ones I'd consider using. If there was an event like the Cyberpunk border one in 2018, I wouldn't bother logging in for the sole purpose of getting it. Unless, again, it was something really great.

If there is a really cool Leader skin or a cardback in Shupe's shop I may be willing to get it. But it'd have to be something truly awesome, like those winter cardbacks (the cardinal ones).

I want EVERYTHING!!! :)
But i don't care about titles that much, i can't really get anything better than what i already have :p

Not that much but I still get the free ones because what else should I buy with RPs since the decoupling of Leaders my motivation of unlocking alternative Leader Skins aside the ones I like went to zero.

When they announced the decoupling of Leaders I kind of expected we get skins like Gerald, Ciri, Yen etc. which people actually would buy.

With Skins like that I would probably be more tempted on spending money.

I was kind of hoping for a Cerys skin because there is no female leader for Skellige or that they are maybe making Gudrun a dual faction Leader. (Adda could be made accessible for monsters too)

I paid for some, but feel like that is just enough, so I only go for the ones I get from the reward tree, events and/or Powder I already have.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I loved the cosmetics in the beginning, when there werent that many of them. But as OP mentioned, i ended up losing interest when tons of them stared being added and i already had lots of them.

A few weeks i decided to count them for the first time and i had like 100+ avatars, around 75 borders and 50 or so titles, and 10 cardbacks (everything free). Knowing those numbers made me lose interest in getting more.

Only game boards is the only thing i find lacking in my collection since most of those are purchase-only.

When I find what I like, it is very unlikely that I will change it. A few years ago I paid 40usd on a virtual blizzcon ticket for only one HS back, I have never changed that back again, nothing that I have seen later seemed better to me.

In Gwent it has been more difficult, but Ciri's new frame has been very beautiful, I have not yet seen an interesting board, nor a back.

I am not interested in collecting them, I only see utility in which I will keep in use.

ciriyenn.png

CvPN85lUIAAtClw.jpg

Yeah I'm not the full collector type. I get something If I truly want to use it and the fact that titles and portraits are hidden now also makes them meaningless to me. The only item so far that catched my eyes in the shop was Triss cardback. I like alot of premium cards though.

There is no way I would ever pay the prices being asked for for these cosmetics. COD Warzone is F2P now... why would I pay anymore more than like $0.05 for a title in this game?

I vote "other" because I care NOTHING for cosmetics. I want card art for leaders, I don't want to see smoke, or fire, or pigs, or pirate ships when I'm trying to play cards, I want my board to look like a table ... because I'm playing cards at a table. I don't even bother using premiums if I have a non-premium available and I keep that option turned off in the settings anyway.

But I agree with OP that the more vanity items they pump out there the cheaper it all becomes. I also understand that Gwent is 'free' and cosmetics are a way to get $$, although I don't understand for the life of me why anyone would ever pay actual money to play dress-up with Geralt ...

I don't really care much for coin art, titles, and borders (maybe, if borders ever become customizable for every deck).

But I do like interesting cardbacks and boards (wish they would add these to future paid Journey rewards) and I don't mind paying for them (like the MM evolving cardback) to support the game.

I only go for those included in good deals like journey, but never gonna pay specifically for cosmetics

I'm not a gotta catch em all guy with cosmetics, but there are a few I worked for, and some I bought, because I loved to art style. I care more about card backs than I do the other stuff.

Other... I like the card backs (I collect playing cards too) and the boards. Not much of the rest is of interest. I didn't care much at all for the majority of shinies that were part of Journey.
Post automatically merged:

i should add that I like the leader skins too, some of them at least.

One of the best ways that companies milk people these days is just cosmetics.
Honestly cosmetics are cool aspect of any game , but i personally wish to see Leader Skins and Special Portraits/Borders etc for Top Pro Ladder placers (like top20 or 50).
Speaking about payed stuff , i got Thronebreaker (not for the cosmetics but for the great game it is) , i don't have Geralt's Season Journey because he is kind of w/e for me , but will definitely get the one for Cirila or the Young and Beautiful Sorceress Triss Merigold.

[...] but i personally wish to see Leader Skins and Special Portraits/Borders etc for Top Pro Ladder placers (like top20 or 50).

That was the case in beta, but players weren't a fan of such exclusive cosmetics. Incidentally, it would be a shame to put a lot of work into something only a few people can use.

The cosmetics are mildly entertaining, but I would never pay for them--initially voted "I care little" but switched to "ones I like and are free", after a movement's reflection.

I guess I consider them a minor, but positive addition to the overall aesthetic of the game.

The borders and titles are so incredibly abundant that they feel inconsequential, but the other collectibles (boards, card backs, and coins) are fairly fun to collect; plus, these can be assigned to individual decks and are generally more visible.

Top Bottom