Do you think CD Projekt will change existing content?

+
No they will not change anything but try to fix the game in it's current state. Add Free DLC and later add expansions for money like they did with witcher 3.

At which point you should know the glory days of "Gamers First" are over.

And yes maybe i am negative in your eyes. But i have seen stuff like this with companies for 30 years now. It always goes the same road......

I think it is very much possible to add new content to the main story and add back story content that was cut. If its likely or not will be a test of how much commitment CDPR has to their vision and promises, and that will teach us if we should place faith in them or never again. One way that was proposed, and this would be the easiest way without any change to the existing story, is to simply allow you to split your path along the way.

Simply when you reach the point of no return with Meet Hanako quest, at that point they can just introduce another main quest that offers a different path than the one we have now. You would choose that questline and lock yourself out from the Hanako tied one and follow that to a different plot and another set of endings, this would be a way to diversify on the endings and add more story.

You remember at some point you were offered 3 main story quests, meet Takemura, follow the lead to the voodoo boys or meet with Panam. Now you thought maybe following one of those would simply lock you out of others, but no. They are basically side quests that act as main missions that just add content to the main plot that is ahead. So you can simply add more main stories to expand on the new endings you wish to introduce without necessarily changing anything about the current main story. I personally would love to have main missions that lock me out of others and put me on a different path before the point of no return, such choice would actually have concrete impact. Now that might be too much to ask at this point but we will see.
I am not necessarily talking about cut content, I am talking how they can re-add or expand on what is already there. In my opinion much of the dropped story is probably related to missing features, for example if they ever planned for a main mission that involved train stations, those got scraped because the train stations were meant to be but aren't atm. So they might get you invested in new stories as they release missing features or areas, that would be the smart thing to do.

As for romances, they obviously need way more work to make them deeper and more satisfying, however introducing new ones past that is very easy. They are all side quests anyways, Takemura can be a romance in side quests following your rescue of him. So this doesn't branch far out from the main plot.

Personally I would want them to get me to play all from start, with new and previously cut features implemented, more story and dialogue, more interactions with characters I love, more quests etc. They will aim to get you to go tru the game from start and experience their full vision when they are satisfied, that is something to look forward to. Keep faith optimistically and hope for the best, you will either end up happy or wiser for the future, you can't lose.

Last edited:
Well. Doesn't make sense.

You would have to play it without cyberware...
I wouldn't care to not use cyberware, and why wouldn't it make sense? I install cyberware in the character creator - even tho it is just fashion, why would they not be able to get some cyberware? Even if not all that you could get, it is a prologue after all.
Post automatically merged:

No they will not change anything but try to fix the game in it's current state. Add Free DLC and later add expansions for money like they did with witcher 3.

And yes maybe i am negative in your eyes. But i have seen stuff like this with companies for 30 years now. It always goes the same road......
Honestly that is all I want or expect. Could it have been more, and with added depth , hell yeah. But now that it is out, I don't expect anything other than the working product I thought I was paying for lol
And I want it yesterday when it comes to the patches, I am sorry to the devs, but I don't care, I supported a business not a charity.

I would bet they won't modify the existing narrative. They may add a few lines here and there to flesh out characters (like they did for Witcher for Triss romance) but added content will most likely be added so anyone can access it without having to start a new game. Mass Effect 3 got a free extended edition ending DLC, but again that was something you could get without starting a new game.

At best you may get an "directors cut" a few years down the road, or added content to the original narrative in a GOTY edition... But people will most likely complain about that, because that's usually a brand new product to purchase and not an add-on DLC. It would probably be something that would come out closer to a sequel to get people itching to find out what happens next.

I'll be satisfied if they continue the story and build on the existing infrastructure of the game in expansions and/or a sequel incorporating content they wanted to get in but got cut along the way for time (AI, subways, customization, etc.)

No. They'll do the exact same thing that they did with The Witcher 3, which is fixing the bugs/improving the game's performance first and then adding a couple of free quests and cosmetics before the expansions.

The Larian Studios released the Early Access of Baldurs Gate 3 last year. They want to hear the opinions of the players. This game is already very good, if Larian really listen to us, this game will become glorious.

Possibly by removing the current level cap, adding new guns and/or vehicles (along with customization options for either one or both) expanding on the options for Night City interaction (like being able to join services like the NCPD or MaxTec or by having gangs take out hits on you for your actions or requesting your services for “external affairs”). Those are just a few things that I think CDProjekt Red could add in the future to enhance the experience in the game.

new guns and vehicles won't make the game any better. There are already a ton of vehicles you never use because you don't have to, what value would be added by something like this? They have to improve the main story and gameplay systems first, THEN they can add comsmetic stuff if they want to. An incomplete product doesn't get any better by slapping on some more glitter, you have to improve the core first.

They will because that‘s the only way to save their honour.
And it’s not complicated to add main story. Just add it after the no return point of meeting Hanako. The truth is, the only power which lead the ending is Relic explode, they can remove it and continue the story.
And the ending part, most of them are just fighting at Arasaka tower, the reason is simple and replaceable, so there is not much to changes.
So there is barely tech problems, only depends on their will to protect their honour.

I live in a country which the glory days of "Gamers First" are over about... decades
I have to say we are the best of the world in this disgrace field. So I know what will happened at the age of "Business First".
First of all, V won't die whatever they like, because player will spit of it and stop paying.
You need players to pay the cash.
It doesn't meant you will work like the old days, never beat the player.
But every beat need bring more money back, and kill the main charactor won't.
Basicly, they will force you to pay money, endless push until you are tired to play the game.
It will cause the lost of player, reduce the number of deal, but get great advance at the unit price and finally drain most of the money of players. There're also many dirty trick to do this jobs, dirty enough to push you delet every game you played.
How much did you pay for CDPR? The game we made can force the player pay hundreds dollars a month, and do it every month, in one game, like an ATM pumping-out endless cash. That's the true dark age looks like.
Did CDPR obey the basic rule? No, because they want to find their own way to get with the new age.

Last edited:
They will because that‘s the only way to save their honour.
And it’s not complicated to add main story. Just add it after the no return point of meeting Hanako. The truth is, the only power which lead the ending is Relic explode, they can remove it and continue the story.
And the ending part, most of them are just fighting at Arasaka tower, the reason is simple and replaceable, so there is not much to changes.
So there is barely tech problems, only depends on their will to protect their honour.

I live in a country which the glory days of "Gamers First" are over about... decades
I have to say we are the best of the world in this disgrace field. So I know what will happened at the age of "Business First".
First of all, V won't die whatever they like, because player will spit of it and stop paying.
You need players to pay the cash.
It doesn't meant you will work like the old days, so that never beat the player.
But every beat need bring more money back, and kill the main charactor won't.
Basicly, they will force you to pay money, endless push until you are tired to play the game.
It will cause the lost of player, reduce the number of deal, but get great advance at the unit price and finally drain most of the money of players. There also many dirty trick to do this jobs, dirty enough to push you delet every game you played.
How much did you pay for CDPR? The game we made can force the player pay hundreds dollars a month, and do it every month, in one game, like an ATM pumping-out endless cash. That's the true dark age looks like.
Are they obey the basic rule? No, because they want to find their own way to get with the new age.

Remember in the old days you went and bough a game and it just worked? I mean silly me walking in with my parents to buy a NES and super mario bros. and this bloody thing just happend to work. No day 1 patches no DLC nothing.

Also that will never happen again. I remember when MMO came around which is literally you leasing a game. And i said to myself "WTF is this?" But the next generation didn't mind and tossed money at them. World of Warcraft destroyed my RTS all time favorite game Warcraft and i tried but MMO is not for me.

Later came DLC...... Buy cosmetics ingame, Lootboxes and the young ppl like lemmings or zombies bought it all. And the greed went overboard. Only with lootboxes they realizes what is taking it to far. But aside from that people literally buy everything.
20€ for a ingame weapon or armor? "Shut up and take my money"
Pay to win models? "Shut up and take my money"

The glory days of gaming will never come back. For that to happen the industry would need to collapse and start making games like in the beginning. Small teams, Lots of creativity, Not trying to get rich but enjoy what you are doing and making a living of it. Somehow this "Dream" was lost to CDPR along the way.

So it's an opinion, but here's why I think it's accurate. Mainly after all the feedback and negativity that CDPR has gotten from fans, review publications, and major news outlets if they had a plan to rewrite the game, they'd already be touting it in Night City Wires.

Instead they did the exact opposite and the fake dev article that said that the plan was to add back in content, CDPR goes out of it's way to actually comment on it and say it's not true.

So while it's an opinion, it's based on a) human nature b) the fact that CDPR is in toxic radio silence mode, and c) the only comment they've given us since December 14th is to shut down a fake news article that said specifically this was the plan, but saying it's all a lie.
They actually wouldn't be touting anything because that's what got them in trouble in the first place and no doubt if they started touting all the things they're going to do people would overhype it just as before and then shit the bed when their expectations aren't met.

The best thing they can do they're are doing, remaining silent about their plans and upcoming patches.

Remember in the old days you went and bough a game and it just worked? I mean silly me walking in with my parents to buy a NES and super mario bros. and this bloody thing just happend to work. No day 1 patches no DLC nothing.

Also that will never happen again. I remember when MMO came around which is literally you leasing a game. And i said to myself "WTF is this?" But the next generation didn't mind and tossed money at them. World of Warcraft destroyed my RTS all time favorite game Warcraft and i tried but MMO is not for me.

Later came DLC...... Buy cosmetics ingame, Lootboxes and the young ppl like lemmings or zombies bought it all. And the greed went overboard. Only with lootboxes they realizes what is taking it to far. But aside from that people literally buy everything.

The glory days of gaming will never come back. For that to happen the industry would need to collapse and start making games like in the beginning. Small teams, Lots of creativity, Not trying to get rich but enjoy what you are doing and making a living of it. Somehow this "Dream" was lost to CDPR along the way.

It's really not fair to compare old games to games we have today. Technology moved forward, making games is not as simple as it used to be. Games are different, too. You have shooters, rpgs, simple 2d platformers, strategy games etc, etc. Some are more complicated in creation than others.

But I agree DLCs are a nightmare nowadays. $15 for some weapon skin or some crap. I definitely miss when we used to get big boxed expansions for that price.

I don't necessarily think they will outright change existing content, but I can imagine that they'll improve existing content, maybe add in a few more dialogs with NPCs or sidequests.

Changing existing content? Nope. Adding new one? That's possible.

For sure, if they want to sell some priced DLC (like for HoS/BaW), this game has to look like a finished product - otherwise, most people might feel like they're paying for the cut content and won't buy anything. And obviously there's also the "trust problem", yeah.

If smart enough, they will work hard to make a good game out of this and then they will release some DLC. Will they? I don't know. Should be an easy/obvious choice, but everything they did 'till now with CP was so dumb that... I really don't know what to expect anymore.

The things you mentioned is far from dirty.
Let's talk about something dirty, which may make you understand that we are living in the world not so far from the CP.
Since we are popular with pay to win game, how much should people pay to win?
We invent the Price Match many years ago, which means the whole server will only have one strongest Pay to win item, which can make you unbreakable, and it will be sold at auction.
You think it's finished? No, because you will suddenly find there are much more rich guys which beyond your imagine in this server and the price is push to a high level, but you are the BOSS, you pay for it. In the other hand, the capper who hired by the game company smile.
You think it's over? No again, because you will realized they make a new Pay to win item next month.
You may feel bad and try to delet the game, then your friend at the game would care about you. Your girlfriend in game will try her best to keep you back. Finally, you pay it again. And the truth is, almost everyfriend, including your girlfriend, are still hired by the game company. There job is push you to spent money at auction.
Your gaming life is just a snow globe which is made by the game company. They build it after the customer sifting for make sure you are rich enough. Then everything you get in the game, fulfillment, friendship, love, hate, enemy, are planed.
Of course you can say you would never play the Multiplayer Game so that they can't hurt you.
Yes they can. That's another sad story. I'm not joking about you would be an ATM. It's all about how dirty they are.
And I will tell you a sad news. They learn fast, I means the game company all over the world.

So I'm OK for DLC now, because it's really clean for me, at least it's not a fraud or price discrimination. Considering the complexity about an AAA game, They really just need more money and time to finish the game in many cases.
The only thing I need is they can open thier DLC plan and finish it in time and keep the quality. Yes, Honesty.

It's really not fair to compare old games to games we have today. Technology moved forward, making games is not as simple as it used to be. Games are different, too. You have shooters, rpgs, simple 2d platformers, strategy games etc, etc. Some are more complicated in creation than others.

But I agree DLCs are a nightmare nowadays. $15 for some weapon skin or some crap. I definitely miss when we used to get big boxed expansions for that price.

True but compare a game from over 20 years ago like suikoden to something like i don't know Dragon Age Inquisition or FF 15. Today you get amazing graphics but the rest is almost garbage. Back then you hade insanely bad graphic but the rest of the game was insanely good.

The point i tried to make by comparing them was something like this.
Old Games = About a story, feelings, gameplay etc. Thank your for your trust and your money.
Today Games = Amzing graphics, shiny shiny bling bling. Rest is mostly garbage. Give me your money ffs.

Top Bottom