Do you think CD Projekt will change existing content?

+
As much as I would like this to happen, I don't really believe that we will be getting any "cut content". And by "content" I mean some actual meaningful parts of the game that were cut and can completely change the way you play the game or the way story unfolds or the way you RP.

We are, however, most likely going to get some quality of life features and cosmetic options in the patches, since these things are usually easy to add, don't take much time and the company doesn't have to spend too many resources. This are things that, given the availability of actual modding tools, single modder could implement for free, so it's absolutely feasable to fit into official patches:

QOL:
- implementation of walking button when using KB&M (currently there is no "walk" button, at least not without mods)
- ability to set a separate key for dodging (same as above)
- ability to craft more than one item at once (for batch converting materials to higher quality because currently you have to do it one by one which takes AGES, again already possible with some mod)

Cosmetics:
- ability to change your hair and face (probably through the Rippers, a non-voiced dialogue option that instantly boots up CC menu)
- ability to set outfits (probably we will be able to "save" current look as an outfit in the Costumes slot, since I think that's what this slot in the inventory was initially going to be used for given the fact that there are only like 5 costumes in the game and without user outfits this whole big slot makes little sense to exist)
- cosmetic system for vehicles (again, something super simple, probably sub-menu in the vehicle calling window where you can change the paint for specific cars/motorcycles)

And that's it, I'm not expecting anything else besides bug fixes and small performance improvements. I'll be happy if CDPR proves me wrong though :)

This!!!! :giveup:
Post automatically merged:

Its hard to expect nothing when you paid for it.
And you love, care, have mixed feelings and hate this game... All at once. When you simply know from all trailers /city wires how this game could look like. What content /quality it could have.

Absolutely.

I just... I’d rather not get my hopes up again.

Yes and no.

I think a lot of the current systems in place will see some refining (e.g. crafting in its entirety). In particular, UI changes in the crafting menu and buy/sell menu. Better sorting options. Perhaps in-place of a transmogrification system the crafting changes allows upgrading rarity levels and/or adding slots. That way you can pick a look and maintain stat relevancy.

I think the first-person shadow will get overhauled as the multiplayer is developed (or well before). It absolutely has to unless you want to see a bunch of goofy penguins running around.

Balancing will come along and change the dynamics of some perks and weapons, and some level-scaling to maintain a sense of challenge throughout the game. The instant inhalers will probably get a rework so we don't just abuse them to high hell.

Regarding the story and endings, I don't really see or anticipate any major changes. They carry a sense of finality to them and the writers, for better or for worse, felt this was how they wanted it to end. My only wishlist item here would be:

Two options when you approach the well inside Mikoshi: "Choose the quiet life" and "choose the path of glory". This would be permutations for the secret ending that branch off into the Star and the Sun ending, respectively. I want to choose an outcome where I don't have to sacrifice members of the Aldecaldos, while also being permitted to leave with them for good.

I also don't think act 1 will change at all. It was very much a conscious decision here to shunt the player quickly into act 2. This was in response to feedback to how much the Witcher 3 dragged until after Skellige.

Last edited:
Top Bottom