Do you think CDPR will respond to the criticisms of its story, endings and gameplay?

+

Do you think CDPR will respond to the criticisms of its story, endings and gameplay?

• Yes

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 68 67.3%

• Total voters
How much of the Witcher 3's main story and gameplay elements were fundamentally altered or significantly expanded on post-release? Genuinely curious because I only bought it years after the fact. Whatever the degree was, that's the most we can honestly expect will happen.

They didn't do any major changes to TW3. The biggest being an overhaul of the movement system because that was broken.

I don't think that's necessarily representative in this case. The main complaints about TW3 we're not of the same order. The game needed work but not CP2077 amount of work. CDPR was also a much smaller company. The amount of work they put into CP2077 post launch should be directly proportional to how bad the situation is and how much their capacities have improved over the years.

With that said, I'm not holding my breath on seeing major changes. I want it to happen but I don't exactly expect it to happen.

It's better to say nothing, because no matter what they say, people will just complain harder that their specific grievance is being ignored. They needed to push the game out because investors were getting angry with their constant delays, don't expect any new features of gameplay mechanics for months while they finish the game.

What is important now is channel that connects users valuable feedback with most important CDPR people. I can't say that I know this matter a lot, but I know that decisive people doesn't go to front lines, they interact with employees responsible for customer relations. So if CR sees huge amount of hate, and will cry because of it, and will go to psychiatrist with depression, then decisive guy will treat that as an offence and will respond in bad way towards game development and players. But if CR is a strong and wise man, which knows how much passion, love and hard work it all costs everyone, then it might turn into good effect. Think of my CR as Takemura, and decisive guy perhaps Hanako.

I think that we don't have any influence on CDPR response. Besides hardworking as players.

I'm sure they will do something, they simply have no other choice.

Oh they have choices. Look at EA and Mass Effect Andromeda and what EA did with that. Totally abandoned the game. While that may be extreme, it doesn't mean that CDPR doesn't have choices.

Hell they could simply sell out to Microsoft or Sony or Google or EA or another big company and make oddles more money, and walk away. It be the corp thing to do.

I'm going to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt and say they will patch in some big updates. Hopefully, these updates address many of the concerns people have. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic, but CDPR has shown us before how much they care about players.

I finished up Witcher 3 not long ago, and I still remember how much work they put into Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine.

I'm going to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt and say they will patch in some big updates. Hopefully, these updates address many of the concerns people have. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic, but CDPR has shown us before how much they care about players.

I finished up Witcher 3 not long ago, and I still remember how much work they put into Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine.

CDPR has earned a great rep with TW3 and it's expansions. The support and additional content for that game was great. They proved they deserved their players' support.

They also became a much bigger studio during that time and in 2018 became a publicly traded company. The company has changed massively since TW3. We'll see if they live up to their hard earned reputation. I hope they do and it would secure their position as "the good guys" ensuring their future games sell well.

See I mentioned this before in another post, but the CDPR of the Witcher 3 era was a private company.

CDPR now is a public company, and is more worried about stockholders and their bottom line.

So while before Witcher was a labor of love, that they themselves could make a decision about how badly they wanted to hurt their bottom line with little interference and how much they wanted to care about their players, now you have a board of directors telling them what they want to do, and the players don't mean a thing except as money generators.

If it's more profitable to simply walk away, or sell out, they most certainly will, and the fans be damned. Hell they said as much in this game.

See I mentioned this before in another post, but the CDPR of the Witcher 3 era was a private company.

CDPR now is a public company, and is more worried about stockholders and their bottom line.

So while before Witcher was a labor of love, that they themselves could make a decision about how badly they wanted to hurt their bottom line with little interference and how much they wanted to care about their players, now you have a board of directors telling them what they want to do, and the players don't mean a thing except as money generators.

If it's more profitable to simply walk away, or sell out, they most certainly will, and the fans be damned. Hell they said as much in this game.
When you say public company, do you mean CDPR sells their stock on the open market? Because if that's the case, I didn't know that. To be honest, I never researched what type of company they were.

When you say public company, do you mean CDPR sells their stock on the open market? Because if that's the case, I didn't know that. To be honest, I never researched what type of company they were.

Yes, that is what being a publicly traded company means.

Happened in 2018 if memory serves well.

Guest 4454648

This sort of question was raised a few times back with The Witcher III, so I'll offer some insights from those days. If the REDs seem silent, it's almost certainly because they are still hard at work investigating and fixing issues with the game, rather than spending their time responding to posts. After all, they are receiving incredible amounts of feedback. They tend to prioritise work over addressing every topic with a statement. While this may be frustrating for some players, who would like to see more public communications, I can assure everyone that that Devs are well aware of players' feedback, complaints, and frustration.

I advise patience. It's still early, and I suspect there will be more updates and patches to come, in response to players' input.
Exactly

I am concerned with how quiet CDPR is now we are voicing our criticisms. A lot of us are unsatisfied with the game. We don't expect them to rewrite the whole story, we just want the things we do in-game to matter. We want choices and the option to carry on as V in a happier ending. We want our romances to matter, and not to just be left when the story ends. We want a world that doesn't feel emptier than Watch Dogs on release day. We want the things we were promised, the things this game was delayed for but never received. Will CDPR address these concerns? What happened to "You can't save the world, but you can save yourself"?
They won't.
Every official post they make may affect their sales, and even potentially hurt it.
And when they'll finaly talk to us, it will be Bethesda style - pretending that nothing happened, no apologizing, no aknowledging mistakes. Just generic "We're happy that you enjoying Cyberbug 2077.. bla-bla-bla"
And what they really should say - "Ok ppl, sorry. We fckd up, we know. We'll make it up to you, we promise.."

Thanks for clarifying. I was a little confused because you said CDPR now has a board of directors. Even private companies have a board of directors.

The difference lies mostly in how members of said board are chosen and who said board answers to. Which is to say - no one in the case of a private company and shareholders in the case of a publicly traded company.

Outside main story CP2077 gives me certain "fallout 4" vibe. And I like it that way. I hope they go forward with it.

They will almost definitely fix and optimize the game.

But they will hardly include new gameplay features. It's too expensive.

They will almost definitely fix and optimize the game.

But they will hardly include new gameplay features. It's too expensive.

Expansions can serve this very purpose.

Not to mention other games have done it. If they want to ensure their game's longevity, they'll have to. Considering they're planning MP for 2022-2023... I'd say the long run and it's implications are definitely one of their concerns.

Not holding my breath but to say it doesn't or won't happen at this point in time is premature.

Top Bottom