Do you think CDPR will respond to the criticisms of its story, endings and gameplay?

+

Do you think CDPR will respond to the criticisms of its story, endings and gameplay?

• Yes

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 68 67.3%

• Total voters
Expansions can serve this very purpose.

Not to mention other games have done it. If they want to ensure their game's longevity, they'll have to. Considering they're planning MP for 2022-2023... I'd say the long run and it's implications are definitely one of their concerns.

Not holding my breath but to say it doesn't or won't happen at this point in time is premature.
Gameplay is missing features that were promised. If they will add it in free DLCs there's absolutely no problem.
However, if DLCs are paid I will 100% be over with this whole company.

Gameplay is missing features that were promised. If they will add it in free DLCs there's absolutely no problem.
However, if DLCs are paid I will 100% be over with this whole company.

Of course.

If they add any new features to stuff unrelated to the game base game. Sure, charge for it.

Now, if they tried charging for a DLC covering, say, for example, the 6 months montage with Jackie which is very obviously cut content... yeah, I'd stand with and I'd be over with CDPR.

Will they?

Yes.

Why?

Because they built the entire CDPR brand on consumer friendliness and leaving greed to others. They understand that actions speak a lot louder than words and that in this case they only spoke a big game and did the exact thing they told off other AAA studios and publishers for.

In the investor call they spoke about the cost of fixing CP2077 being irrelevant, but really bugs are the least of it's issues. There are a ton of missing features that simply didn't make it in. And unfulfilled promises. They could easily make a come back if they wanted to. No Mans Sky managed to make one despite it being an indie studio that had absolutely no experience in making such a game.

If CDPR can't fix the issues here, they will have to pivot the entire brand identify of their company. So I suspect they will address everything. Right now the devs simply need rest after months of crunch. Once that's done probably reorganization and compiling everything into MUST FIX NOW, NEED TO FIX NOW, FIX LATER NON CRITICAL and so on.

I'd actually be shocked if CDPR doesn't respond to the issues with the game. They'd be worse than EA in my eyes if they don't. Because at least EA isn't hypocritical.

Although I don't see any issues with the endings, they were all great. And the secret ending was most certainly a happy ending so I'm not entirely sure whats going on with the complaints there.

Spoiler warning for ending but: You have all the money, power, connections and resources you could need. As well as what? 6-8 months of time? V manage to do the impossible in a week or more starting at rock bottom. If you think any about the secret ending you can easily see that... it's pretty much a happy ending. That's what it came off as to me.

The difference lies mostly in how members of said board are chosen and who said board answers to. Which is to say - no one in the case of a private company and shareholders in the case of a publicly traded company.
That's true. I guess we'll have to wait and see how things work out.

This sort of question was raised a few times back with The Witcher III, so I'll offer some insights from those days. If the REDs seem silent, it's almost certainly because they are still hard at work investigating and fixing issues with the game, rather than spending their time responding to posts. After all, they are receiving incredible amounts of feedback. They tend to prioritise work over addressing every topic with a statement. While this may be frustrating for some players, who would like to see more public communications, I can assure everyone that that Devs are well aware of players' feedback, complaints, and frustration.

I advise patience. It's still early, and I suspect there will be more updates and patches to come, in response to players' input.
I respect that and whilst it is incredibly frustrating, I will wait for their response.

My only request on that: There is quite a number of people who have come to the forum to voice, to engage in discussion and state what they would like as a solution. There is very little outright 'CDPR sucks' mentality and I doubt many of these people went straight for a refund, instead choose to keep some faith and wait it out. I just hope CDPR respond with the same sincerity and passion, not as Vejsa comments with generic PR releases.

In my opinion, they won't respond. They'll fix most game breaking bugs, because they are causing them financial disaster, but no fundamental flaws will be fixed, starting with the false advertisement, which states that CP77 was supposed to be an RPG. Maybe they change AI a bit to stop it being ridiculously atrocious, but making it good is not in their plans. It's difficult to do and they didn't manage to do it in 4+ years.

Last edited:
Will they?

Yes.

Why?

Because they built the entire CDPR brand on consumer friendliness and leaving greed to others. They understand that actions speak a lot louder than words and that in this case they only spoke a big game and did the exact thing they told off other AAA studios and publishers for.

In the investor call they spoke about the cost of fixing CP2077 being irrelevant, but really bugs are the least of it's issues. There are a ton of missing features that simply didn't make it in. And unfulfilled promises. They could easily make a come back if they wanted to. No Mans Sky managed to make one despite it being an indie studio that had absolutely no experience in making such a game.

I am not as optimistic.

It is exactly their self-branding as a consumer friendly, non-greed company that ignited such disappointment from fans, who felt betrayed by a company they once trusted. On top of that, restoring their reputation would take much more than bug fixies (which is already a tall order). It requires adding back in the stuff that was promised but not delivered. Nothing short of making Night City "the most believable city in an open world game to date" would do. But that is extremely difficult. Unlike No Man's Sky, which mostly needed added content, Night City needs an entire new AI system, police/wanted system, and meaningful quest choices to become what it was promised to be.

Facing such mounting difficulty, it is possible that CDPR might find it all the easier to bite the bullet and let their reputation take a hit than to make CP2077 what it was promised to be. I hope that is not the case, but I am holding my expectations in check.

I am concerned with how quiet CDPR is now we are voicing our criticisms. A lot of us are unsatisfied with the game. We don't expect them to rewrite the whole story, we just want the things we do in-game to matter. We want choices and the option to carry on as V in a happier ending. We want our romances to matter, and not to just be left when the story ends. We want a world that doesn't feel emptier than Watch Dogs on release day. We want the things we were promised, the things this game was delayed for but never received. Will CDPR address these concerns? What happened to "You can't save the world, but you can save yourself"?
I dont take the criticism of it seriously.

Game should have been in development for at least one more year. I hope CDPR work on the base game as the state of it is just Alpha version, focus on this before you focus on DLC and Multiplayer please. The Devs obviously had a lot of pressure and internal management was forced to play certain hands that they should have folded, fear of backlash and even so far as fanatical threats caused this rush to release. At this point and time I enjoy Cyberpunk 2077 and can see the potential for it to be one of the greatest RPG games of the modern era the mix of gta and borderlands style gameplay meet dying light mechanics and crafting, add in the CDPR touch we love and you get Cyberpunk 2077. Since the nail has hit the coffin it's time for CDPR to take their Frankenstein and make it the best it was meant to be, again focus on the base game, rework and fix it first and foremost over the production on DLC and Multiplayer. If they do this and then flesh out DLC and Multiplayer after then we will not need to worry about those as much. I will not refund to continue to get analytical data from my gameplay to the Devs to increase the overall quality and submit feedback throughout these trying times. Have a Happy Holidays to all and be safe and healthy. To the devs who spent countless hours busting their asses to get this out to a somewhat enjoyable experience per story thank you.

I don't need any responses to criticisms, I just want to know what they're planning to do with the game next. Should we wait for anything outside bugfixes or they're done with it... When The Witcher 3 came out, I think we knew almost right away there are two expansions in the making. In case of CP77, there's only anime series scheduled for whatever year and that's it. Utter emptiness.

So, would they kindly...

This sort of question was raised a few times back with The Witcher III, so I'll offer some insights from those days. If the REDs seem silent, it's almost certainly because they are still hard at work investigating and fixing issues with the game, rather than spending their time responding to posts. After all, they are receiving incredible amounts of feedback. They tend to prioritise work over addressing every topic with a statement. While this may be frustrating for some players, who would like to see more public communications, I can assure everyone that that Devs are well aware of players' feedback, complaints, and frustration.

I advise patience. It's still early, and I suspect there will be more updates and patches to come, in response to players' input.
Where is the advertisement department now? It said pretty much before the release:sneaky:

I am concerned with how quiet CDPR is now we are voicing our criticisms. A lot of us are unsatisfied with the game. We don't expect them to rewrite the whole story, we just want the things we do in-game to matter. We want choices and the option to carry on as V in a happier ending. We want our romances to matter, and not to just be left when the story ends. We want a world that doesn't feel emptier than Watch Dogs on release day. We want the things we were promised, the things this game was delayed for but never received. Will CDPR address these concerns? What happened to "You can't save the world, but you can save yourself"?
If they care about their fanbase they will. I had problems with TW3 at launch and it ended up becoming one of my favorite games. Ive played through it at least 10 times. Only time will tell,the game hasnt been out that long. Id like to imagine they are hard at work doing their best to get all this bs ironed out so everyone can have the true experience they were promised.

No, no they won't. They'll pretend like everything is hunky-dory when the bloody thing will be even remotely playable.

I have found in my 20+ years on online gaming is that the Devs tend to be hard at work... they are quite because every time they have to post somewhere it means time taken away from Development time

So, right now the Devs will need to be hard at work making sure bugs are fixed to fight negative criticism and the endless troll bandwagons....

This will be a very important time for the Devs to keep our Faith and Trust in them to do the right thing... so only time will tell and for the Devs they will need to do as much as possible to fix the Bugs in as short as time as possible
Night city wire says Hello

I'd rather them quiet and updating the game than constantly spewing words about how there going to do this or that.

Im interested in results not reading some tripe corp pr speak.

They owe me nothing, bugs an crashes aside i've completed the game twice, frustrated for the most part but i still had/have a no bad time in game, especially compared to some ppl, an with Christmas coming up i've no time to piss an moan over a game over the internet, although no doubt i'll post something regarding a frustrating bug or crash that got me going arggggghhhh tbh i'd rather just try an post something positive an fun because the game still has those moments, brief though they may be

I hope not!

Obviously Cyberpunk is not meant for "main stream" if you don't like the genre that's on you for playing/buying a game that is clearly sci-fi.

What are you even talking about mate? This is the most mainstream game from an RPG game developer. Ffs, it feels like a GTA clone mixed with Borderlands (substract all the fun/crazy characters and shit to do)

I will answer Yes and NO.
Patience means that it will take months to make all corrections needed. I may say Years.
The only way to save this game is MODDING and to open the game to the Modders. By the way i do not know yet if modding possibility will give us a way to do so like in Skyrim and if RED will give us a way /tool to do it....

Top Bottom