Do you think Cyberpunk 2077 should have won The Best Music/Scores of TGA 2021?

+

Do you think Cyberpunk 2077 should have won The Best Music/Scores of TGA 2021?

• Yes

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • No.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Irrelevant, I don't care about it.

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • I don't know. I have not played other games aside from CP2077, So....

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
I casted a "i dont care" vote, but this nomination atleast was pretty spot on. I would not have cared if they won either. The sound/music is pretty dam good ingame.

*The only decent award in TGA is players choice anyways so...*

Who really cares about awards, anyway? What's important is if we the public (the ones who pay for the product) like it or not :shrug:

Dexhii

Forum regular
It was really a Leonardo DiCaprio situation. Nier Replicant has an insane soundtrack and I'm not suprised that one won. The soundtrack was the last thing people were busy paying attention to when it came to Cyberpunk.

It doesn't take anything away from how good the soundtrack is. It's still amazing and beats 99% of other games out there.

Absolutely NOT:

Unless it is specifically about the soundtrack and not the songs. The soundtrack itself is ok, the songs made for the "radio" are NOT okay.

"Morro rock radio" is a travesty. Its the one station I cannot listen to under any circumstances, despite considering myself a "rock" person. [...] I understand that there was always going to be a draught of good music if all music was going to be original, but good god. Theres one good song in the game, two mediocre ones, and the rest could be deleted for all I care.

The whole cp2077 music thing reminds me of people trying to accommodate things they have no idea about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted irrelevant, because the Dorito Pope's "award" show is just a promo vehicle. Also I am a grumpy sod.

The score is very good though. I think tracks like Bells of Laguna Bend will stick with players for a long time, in the same way that Vigil from Mass Effect has (er, did?)

Stopped caring about awards some time ago. Never regretted ever since. The only thing that matters is if you enjoy it. That and maybe finding like-minded people or people to discuss it with.

I think CP 2077 soundtrack captures cyberpunk and is outstanding work from everyone involved. Regardless of people personal tastes, it's great work of integrating soundtrack, even to band like Us Cracks and their story line, not only they are in game but V can hear them on the radio.

Awards like this, I think they are more about universal appeal, not how something works in one particular game universe.

"DO YOU THINK CYBERPUNK 2077 SHOULD HAVE WON THE BEST MUSIC/SCORES OF TGA 2021?"

To answer that must first hear the music/scores of the opposition, which I haven't so can't say.

Yes, but the poll is missing the option - i don't know / haven't played other candidates. They might as well be better or worse but without knowing i cannot objectively tell.
Yes, I will add that option hehehe
Post automatically merged:

I think CP 2077 soundtrack captures cyberpunk and is outstanding work from everyone involved. Regardless of people personal tastes, it's great work of integrating soundtrack, even to band like Us Cracks and their story line, not only they are in game but V can hear them on the radio.

Awards like this, I think they are more about universal appeal, not how something works in one particular game universe.
I get what you mean. Although, I would say that even the winner (NieR Replicant) also have an even more obscure music/scores than the rest of nominees imo. It's so obscure for years that nobody really "care" when the OG game came out (which I myself a fan of the game since years ago). Only after NieR Automata surprised popularity that things became a bit more mainstream (which won TGA 2017's music/scores). Now the "enhanced version" of NieR OSTs getting popular LOL

Last edited:
"Morro rock radio" is a travesty. Its the one station I cannot listen to under any circumstances, despite considering myself a "rock" person. [...] I understand that there was always going to be a draught of good music if all music was going to be original, but good god. Theres one good song in the game, two mediocre ones, and the rest could be deleted for all I care.

The whole cp2077 music thing reminds me of people trying to accommodate things they have no idea about.

Never Fade Away is a good rock song. Im a rock musician in real life by the way. I think the rest of the songs fit well with the theme of the game, very ghost in the shell ost.

Top Bottom