Do you think Johnny will betray/use us?

+

Do you think Johnny silverhand will betray or use V for his own ends?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems like he won't be the only one.

With the precarious situation your character will be held into. Seems like everybody is trying to get you for their own gain. If by whatever reason people know about your situation. You might even be do the same if you are not into any type of view regarding the plot. Meaning you can end not siding with him and so, he might see you as the one doing the betrayal.

I am fully expecting and hoping he does. I can see different paths of the story unfolding if you choose to listen/help him or not.
Kinda gives me Tales from the Borderlands vibes.

He seems to be a person with strong opinions and goals so i wouldn't doubt him trying some BS with us,
Yes, Johnny Sliverhand didn't get to achieve his goals before he died. If he did achieve his goals he was already dead and didn't even knew about it. So, I think he will use you to end of a means to fight against Arasaka and the megacorps while at the same time bringing the entire city down with him.

He could potentially be described as this one saying goes " You etheir die as a hero or live long enough to become a villain."

Also, there might be a love triangle since Rogue is confirmed to be in this game. Alt is not confirmed but I think she is going to be in this game. Thus, forming a love triangle and everybody knows how well a love triangle works out in the end.

100% sure he's going to use us, maybe try to get our body for himself. And be a pain in the ass every time we don't do what he wants.
Not even that sure he's the real silverhand or the only one (he's a 1:1 copy but the real one is still alive).

Definitely some big plot twist about him is in the game.
WHOA..... this really made me think! :smart:
Post automatically merged:

Never trust anyone in Cyberpunk 2020 universe unless you're a Nomad and it's family.
Even a family nomad I would still not 100% trust. :think:

I think it's going to be more complicated than that.
When you first meet Jonny, you're nothing to each other.

So of course Jonny is going to have an agenda he's trying to see done.
You're nothing to him after all.

However, as time goes on, depending on how you grow the relationship with Jonny, that could change.
Maybe you and Jonny develop a bond that means he can't bring himself to go through with this original plan.

Or maybe you and he end up in a head on conflict, attempting to destroy each other over control of your body.

Or maybe you have the option to sacrifice yourself to further Jonny's agenda and perhaps save the world?

I think it'll be more complex than "Will Jonny betray us or not".

I think it's going to be more complicated than that.
When you first meet Jonny, you're nothing to each other.

So of course Jonny is going to have an agenda he's trying to see done.
You're nothing to him after all.

However, as time goes on, depending on how you grow the relationship with Jonny, that could change.
Maybe you and Jonny develop a bond that means he can't bring himself to go through with this original plan.

Or maybe you and he end up in a head on conflict, attempting to destroy each other over control of your body.

Or maybe you have the option to sacrifice yourself to further Jonny's agenda and perhaps save the world?

I think it'll be more complex than "Will Jonny betray us or not".
Quietwulf is also Smartwulf :smart:
:cool:

Just baseless speculation on my part, but...

I'm going to guess that the immortality chip has a dark side, namely that it grants immortality by eventually transferring the consciousness on the chip to the person it is implanted into, to the extent that the receiver's consciousness eventually gets completely overwritten and replaced by the personality on the chip.

The chip was probably intended for Saburo Arasaka, as part of Yorinobu Arasaka's quest to undermine Arasaka by implanting Johnny as a Trojan Horse, before V and Jackie throw a wrench in the works by stealing it and plugging it into V.

I'm guessing that the chip is ticking time bomb and that both V and Johnny will be on the same page eventually about uploading Johnny elsewhere, though Johnny is going to have his own agenda that may not necessarily align with V's. If Johnny and V have different goals I would not be surprised at all if he attempts to manipulate, use, or betray V in some way.

But it's Keanu freaking reeves man! who wouldnt trust the guy? no, I dont trust the guy.

I like to see where this is going because it can go several ways. We know that he's got something else on but what a way for devs to cook up a twisting story. Jhonny could say convincingly gain ur trust throughout the game just to turn on u last minute (with logic), or really build a bond with you and youd have to make a choice to support him or not otherwise he'll go hell and back to get what he wants. He knows history where you dont, so you reaaaly got to know your lore and characters plus findings in the game to make the right choice, or perhaps the lesser evil. It can get very trippy.

Top Bottom