Do you think Johnny will betray/use us?

+

Do you think Johnny silverhand will betray or use V for his own ends?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
100% Will get betrayed by Johnny
Also it seems to me that this game is all about picking the best of bad choices. Excited to choose personal profit over feeding the poor.

Also when I think about the trailer where Johnny wants to burn the city down

And then Grimes 4 AM video that kinda looks like city in 'blue' flames.
Wouldn't it be awesome if burning the city down is an actual literal choice somehow. Although I guess he meant it metaphorically

Also when I think about the trailer where Johnny wants to burn the city down

And then Grimes 4 AM video that kinda looks like city in 'blue' flames.
Wouldn't it be awesome if burning the city down is an actual literal choice somehow. Although I guess he meant it metaphorically

yeah well isnt alt cunningham behind the black wall? taking that wall down with all that renegade AIs on the loose? burn city down material if u asked me. they already mini nuked the arasaka tower before, who says cdpr is not brave enough to do a 2nd meltdown? lots of potential story paths, dammit just release the game already. yeah yeah i know u gotta polish it up first cdpr

I could see him potentially betraying us depending on some choices we make, but I don't think he will set in stone betray us or not.

Unknown outcome - possibility given. Seeing as you perhaps end up unintentionally together you could simply be influenced as a tool as he has other goals until he has what he wants to forcibly part ways or betray you.

Then again it's just as likely you stick together as allies, or that you part ways on peaceful terms.

I think the issue isn't so much betrayal or not as both or any other scenario work fine. The fine question is how it would be portrayed or justified. I'm sure that an over-the-top cliché dramatization won't occur however.

Where is the;
Does a bear shit in the woods?
Option?
At this point I'm not going to assume even the bear poop is real, let alone the bear, or even the woods themselves, and even if we do see the bear pooping, the woods, and all the stuff that comes with it, I would still doubt it and say I don't know if it's real. See it, or not. The level of evidence needed to prove or disprove the illusion needs to come from a level greater than the level that the illusion is on, and the level the evidence is on needs to be able to prove that the level that it is on, is not an illusion.
Post automatically merged:

Tuesday 25th of August 2020.....
I've been thinking..... WHAT IF: V didn't steal the chip with Jackie? What if Johnny Silverhand (which may not even really be him, it could just be an AI that was so powerful that it was able to escape the black wall, and is impersonating Johnny Silverhand to manipulate V) And the CHIP essentially did not get stolen by V, rather the CHIP CHOSE V.... the other way around... huh? what does everyone think of that? What if the entire start of the game (depending on life path) is the story of how the CHIP manipulated the entire Cyberpunk world into making itself appear valuable and vulnerable to allow itself to be stolen by the exact person it wanted to be stolen by, because it WANTS V. it NEEDS V.

Additionally, What if Alt Cunningham, having been trapped beyond the black wall, essentially became a rogue AI, escaped the black wall, and She is the one impersonating Johnny Silverhand? It would make sense that she would be the smartest and the best equipped to actually be able to escape, also considering that she probably knew doors/gates in/out from the outside view, which the AI inside wouldn't be as aware of in comparison to someone with the knowledge from the outside, and Alt Cunningham is an extremely good hacker right? She's CUNNING. RIGHT? What if she's in your head the whole entire time, and Johnny never made it onto any chip? Or maybe Alt switched places with him to save herself? Maybe losing her body really messed with her head and she blames Johnny so she doomed him to be trapped in her place beyond the black wall, and she went into the chip?

CUNNING.
Definition: dexterous or crafty in the use of special resources (such as skill or knowledge) or in attaining an end.

This is all a theory.

I'm just saying, I feel something is off here.

Last edited:
I assume that depends on your choices in the game - unfortunately, this option is missing in the poll.
I agree, most likely it's dependant on the choices, I would prefer to be brothers in arms with him, would hit like a truck if he betrays us, we'll see.

I assume that depends on your choices in the game - unfortunately, this option is missing in the poll.
Probably
I agree, most likely it's dependant on the choices, I would prefer to be brothers in arms with him, would hit like a truck if he betrays us, we'll see.
Yea, I personally hope to try to keep Johnny as a friend, and also keep Jackie as a friend, and alive. I also intend to possibly try and save Alt Cunningham, and maybe get both Johnny and Alt some high quality new full body conversions so that they can just be happy and move on. Maybe I'll help them make their dreams come true. Maybe I am their dream come true.

But it's Keanu freaking reeves man! who wouldnt trust the guy? no, I dont trust the guy.

I like to see where this is going because it can go several ways. We know that he's got something else on but what a way for devs to cook up a twisting story. Jhonny could say convincingly gain ur trust throughout the game just to turn on u last minute (with logic), or really build a bond with you and youd have to make a choice to support him or not otherwise he'll go hell and back to get what he wants. He knows history where you dont, so you reaaaly got to know your lore and characters plus findings in the game to make the right choice, or perhaps the lesser evil. It can get very trippy.
Let me ask you a question and this is a serious one: How much do you know about Silverhand from the pnp lore? Here's the deal: Even though he IS portrayed as a "hero" of the anti-establishment set in the cyberpunk mythos, he is also a selfish, egotistical, self-serving asshole who would sacrifice his fans (And anyone else, for that matter) to achieve his goals. I would say, as being one in the know, that if this is REALLY the "virtual ghost" of Silverhand and not some messed up corpo trick of some kind that one would be wise to keep Silverhand on a tight leash and don't trust him too much...Just saying.

idk if there are any theories here yet about silverhand, but since he is literally "inside our heads" it sort of reads as if someone who (we do not know the name of yet a.f.a.i.k. or we do but haven't connected the dots yet, well i have but.. anyway) is in control of him and his actions inside our head.
So a "real" character in the game we haven't been introduced to, probably will be somewhere about 80% till the end of the game. There are probably two ways based on "our choices" he will use or betray us so if i had to pick one as a default it is use us.

I have a theory: the "Immortality chip" doesn't grant any immortality at all.

All it does is: when the host's brain is seriously injuried, the personality printed inside the chip slowly takes control of the body by producing some "visions" of the immortal personality, by suggesting actions and asking things that aren't really connected to the host's will.

That is some way to be slowly taking control of the hosts body. The only "immortality" is granted to the personality inside the chip.

Top Bottom