Do you think NR has lost its faction identity?

+

Do you think NR has lost its faction identity?

• Yes, quite a lot

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Yes, but just a bit

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • No, they are still unique

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Other opinion

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Since the buff, NR has become very strong, however, I feel like they are no longer unique at what they do anymore

NR was all about keeping their engine alive, and get snow balling if they success, if not, they lose horribly

But now, with damage units nerfed and NR bronze units buffed, keeping engines survive is no longer a problem, but the problem is, NR is not a slow paced faction anymore, they bronzed are quite identical with NG tactic machines and SC elf/dwarf bronzes (sword dancer and crossbow), and their "snow ball" gold cards, like John Natalis, Foltest Pride etc, are gutted (on side note the SC snow ball Anglais remained)

There is just no countering to NR especially Foltest anymore, their major play (blue stripe summon, Pavetta, Dragur) require almost no set up and their engines are garanteed to survive because the only way to get close to killing them is to use the bronze neutral bombs, and using those prevent you get a body on board therefore you can't set up your engines

Honestly with this change I feel like most everybody is basically building their own board now, the interactions are quite limited because control is too underpowered (except high provision neutral ones like Geralt, due to the menacing NR buff deck and DJ townfolk both being tier1)

... control is too underpowered...
You mean in the part when NR get their engines going and SY wipe everything with Bounties?

I called the NR Orders becoming a problem if buffed for months. Now you can sit back and enjoy your games against them.

As if they've "lost" their faction identity? No. They've just become really, really strong. CDPR should think of ways to balance around stacking coins and pings and all the other cards, while trying not to go in the direction of strong deploy removal. I'd say they've put themselves in a pickle with these mechanics and it's just starting to showing up.

No, in contrast the faction identity has been strengthened quite a bit.
Engines are better able to survive now, while at the same time having 2 or 3 engines won't be enough to win the game anymore.
Also, thanks to Inspired, boosts won't revolve only around Tridam Infantry anymore and have more impact in decks without them too.

There are just some cards that are overtuned.

NR just got better at what they do. They did get a few extra things, like Baron and Falibor, but the core mechanics are still there. The only thing removed were the gimmicky power swings with Foltest's Pride and Kiyan

Kiyan and Pride were almost as bad as DJ Townsfolk. Either you counter it and win, either you don't and loose.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I think the NR rework was a success - the faction is really strong now but most importantly, almost all cards, bronzes or golds, are viable.

Foltest Pride is still pretty good. Hubbert is really good too. Kiyan and Natalis are trash though. But the big problem now are the versatile OP golds like Keira, Falibor and Bloody Baron that provide huge value without setup.

Also the bronzes like Temerian Drummer, Trebuchet & Tridam work almost exactly like a mirrored version of SK's Svalblod Priest, Longship and Protector, so you cant call one OP without calling the other too (and compared to Monsters or Scoia, they're probably OP)

Since the buff, NR has become very strong, however, I feel like they are no longer unique at what they do anymore

NR was all about keeping their engine alive, and get snow balling if they success, if not, they lose horribly

But now, with damage units nerfed and NR bronze units buffed, keeping engines survive is no longer a problem, but the problem is, NR is not a slow paced faction anymore, they bronzed are quite identical with NG tactic machines and SC elf/dwarf bronzes (sword dancer and crossbow), and their "snow ball" gold cards, like John Natalis, Foltest Pride etc, are gutted (on side note the SC snow ball Anglais remained)

There is just no countering to NR especially Foltest anymore, their major play (blue stripe summon, Pavetta, Dragur) require almost no set up and their engines are garanteed to survive because the only way to get close to killing them is to use the bronze neutral bombs, and using those prevent you get a body on board therefore you can't set up your engines

Honestly with this change I feel like most everybody is basically building their own board now, the interactions are quite limited because control is too underpowered (except high provision neutral ones like Geralt, due to the menacing NR buff deck and DJ townfolk both being tier1)

Control is boring.

Wait until they buff the other factions before asking for more control.

Personally, I liked NR before the 3.1-patch. It was true that back then they were underplayed. But now they are overplayed because everyone wants to play those op cards.

Nerfs are very good, this policy of no nerf will only result in many fractions and cards not being used.

Hundred of times the same decks, same combos.

The seasonal was a blessing because really without it, the patch 3.1 for me would have ruined most of the fun that I can get from this game.

Personally, I liked NR before the 3.1-patch. It was true that back then they were underplayed. But now they are overplayed because everyone wants to play those op cards.

Nerfs are very good, this policy of no nerf will only result in many fractions and cards not being used.

Hundred of times the same decks, same combos.

The seasonal was a blessing because really without it, the patch 3.1 for me would have ruined most of the fun that I can get from this game.

I disagree, the only reason Foltest NR and Dijkstra SY are overplayed is because there are very limited ways of beating them. I'm more interested in seeing how the other factions are brought up.

I believe nerfing results in people abandoning cards and factions. The next patch will be great, should fix a lot balancing issues and put CDPR in good stead to determine what further balancing needs to be done.

I voted No but I guess I know what you mean. Cards like Bloody Baron, Falibor an Vandergrift are now really strong and use mechanics that weren´t used by NR so far. On top of that they don´t need much/any setup but work out of the box. But I still think that the patch strengthened the faction identity of NR espacially with warfare, formation and inspired.

Another reason might be that the gold cards are just too cheap (or too powerful). You can put all the extremly strong golds in your deck without thinking much about synergies. If cards like Keira, Vandergrift or Baron were more expansive you would need to decide which cards fit your strategy best. I don´t want to suggest to just add some provision to all these cards but right now it is just to easy to have a lot of op gold cards in your deck.

I can understand the OP. Just before the patch I began playing NR ( I'm relatively new) and I liked it a lot. It felt unique, difficult but not impossible to win. Now it has a little bit of everything, only with more power than other factions and I totaly lost my interest in playing NR. More of a feeling than anything else.

I can understand the OP. Just before the patch I began playing NR ( I'm relatively new) and I liked it a lot. It felt unique, difficult but not impossible to win. Now it has a little bit of everything, only with more power than other factions and I totaly lost my interest in playing NR. More of a feeling than anything else.
I think you're totally right, it was a bit difficult to win but I didn't play a single match with them since the buff because it seems lame, and I was forced to play more than 500+ against NR this season because most of the players play NR...
Clearly, it was much more diversity before the patch.

Top Bottom