Do you think Phantom Liberty will be worth the price? Reasons?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roslyn, I admit that this thread has gone off on several tangents, but perhaps you should make a separate thread for your Voodoo Boys theories.
My apologies.

Gamers just released the size of the 2.0 update. Not nearly as big as the game file size, but a hefty chunk of space. So we know were' in for a good treat with the Phantom Liberty/2.0. The improved graphic interface will probably be the first improvement that gamers lay eyes on. More fluid movements and better facial and gun animations will serve as the first dip in the water. I'm sure many gamers will choose to do fresh playthrough, if you haven't played the game in a while. New missions are one of many treats that are to come.

But a few other things also come to mind. The police overhaul has gotten better. But that also includes the security team located in DOGTOWN. Theoretically, I am pondering on the thought of messing with the DOGTOWN security and running away for a while. Seeing how they respond when I return is definitely going to be interesting. If it's spot on accuracy of real police, I'd say this is another bang for the buck.

Guest 4670038

My apologies.

Gamers just released the size of the 2.0 update. Not nearly as big as the game file size, but a hefty chunk of space. So we know were' in for a good treat with the Phantom Liberty/2.0. The improved graphic interface will probably be the first improvement that gamers lay eyes on. More fluid movements and better facial and gun animations will serve as the first dip in the water. I'm sure many gamers will choose to do fresh playthrough, if you haven't played the game in a while. New missions are one of many treats that are to come.

But a few other things also come to mind. The police overhaul has gotten better. But that also includes the security team located in DOGTOWN. Theoretically, I am pondering on the thought of messing with the DOGTOWN security and running away for a while. Seeing how they respond when I return is definitely going to be interesting. If it's spot on accuracy of real police, I'd say this is another bang for the buck.
............interesting.

............interesting.

Yea. Right now, everyone is waiting for 2.0 update; which CDPR has become like NASA(NEVER A STRAIGHT ANSWER). The word is that it's suppose to drop shortly before the Phantom Liberty update; which if I recall was suppose to be a week or two before the launch. If it's two weeks before launch, we should get it tomorrow. If it's one week before launch, we will get it next week. I hope they don't drop both on the same exact day, because there will be the usual download period and then having to play through a fresh playthrough, up until the DOGTOWN is unlocked. For those who do the VERY HARD difficulty, this could be very lengthy due to the amount of overhaul we have to get use to.

I guess it's time for me to come out of hibernation. I'm not preordering because it's a bad practice and no one should. I do think the game would be worth the $30 price tag IF it's on the same level as Blood and Wine. Since this is the only expansion we're getting I would hope it is.

I will wait for reviews, none of that early access nonsense - Not sure if they're doing that but it's yet another predatory practice that's becoming popular. If the reviews are good then I'll buy it. I hope they release the patch early enough so I can do a new playthrough before diving into Phantom Liberty.

Reminder:

There will be no final answers on anything until the game is officially released. Production is not set in stone, and there is no guarantee that things will not change until the game is placed on the marketplaces. At that point only, every last detail will be confirmed.

Please, also keep in mind that information received through any source other than CDPR directly is not official. When something is official, you will hear it directly from the studio.

that why games get over hyped and expectations also get over hyped. some people actually believe the hype and expect what is advertised. which is a bad thing. until you have the game in hand so to speak dont expect anything except new content.

Taken at face value, and thinking about how far Cyberpunk has come since its rocky launch, I'd say the DLC has a pretty good chance to be worthwhile. Presuming, of course, that it works as advertised. For me, the OP question is more of an academic nature because I've pre-ordered already, so we'll see.

But as a PS5 player, I am dreading a bit the fact that even the 1.63 is quite unoptimized (screen tearing and stuttering) so I am thinking, what new problems will this DLC come with, but that's something for me to find out soon enough.

Well, we are set for another CDPR stream tomorrow with Idris Elba. I just hope they don't spoil too much of the game. Not sure why they just don't get Mike Pondsmith & Idris Elba to give us a descriptive speech with graphic art of the new DLC. It seems like that would be much more entertaining than revealing more. Afterall, it's just 2.0 Update. Crossing my fingers that the update will be available that same day for us to download and test new mechanics, before entering DOGTOWN in two weeks.

Well, we are set for another CDPR stream tomorrow with Idris Elba. I just hope they don't spoil too much of the game. Not sure why they just don't get Mike Pondsmith & Idris Elba to give us a descriptive speech with graphic art of the new DLC. It seems like that would be much more entertaining than revealing more. Afterall, it's just 2.0 Update. Crossing my fingers that the update will be available that same day for us to download and test new mechanics, before entering DOGTOWN in two weeks.

At this point I feel they already spoiled too much of the game. I mean... is there anything else kept under wraps? Any surprises?

lol maybe it's a good idea to just not watch it. Not sure why ppl spoil things for themselves like that. On the subject of Mike Pondsmith. I do wonder why they don't have him do more lore discussions leading up to the game releases/updates. Maybe he's busy or the spotlight just isn't his thing, who knows. It would make for good promo

lol maybe it's a good idea to just not watch it. Not sure why ppl spoil things for themselves like that. On the subject of Mike Pondsmith. I do wonder why they don't have him do more lore discussions leading up to the game releases/updates. Maybe he's busy or the spotlight just isn't his thing, who knows. It would make for good promo
Just watched the 2.0 announcement. Comes out next week Thursday. I feel they could have saved a lot for us to discover. The cinematic trailer with Idris Elba was enough in my opinion. I hope there is still a lot left to discover in the game.

Guest 4670038

As I've opted-out of the new account migration thingy CDPR has going on, this thread is probably going to get deleted. I just want to say thanks to all of you that commented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom