Do you think Phantom Liberty will be worth the price? Reasons?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am definitely interested in what CDPR will come with.
It's like 3 years after the base game's release, which is an unheard-of time for an expansion, I think.
But there are many things to fix, of course.

I believe it will be awesome :)

I am definitely interested in what CDPR will come with.
It's like 3 years after the base game's release, which is an unheard-of time for an expansion, I think.
But there are many things to fix, of course.

I believe it will be awesome :)

Yeah, 3 years+ is something you see out of sequel development not an expansion.

Like it’s been said before, I have a certain level of sympathy considering Covid, the desire and need to go 100% with bug fixes and gameplay adjustments, not to mention that big hack they had.

Like it’s been said before, I have a certain level of sympathy considering Covid, the desire and need to go 100% with bug fixes and gameplay adjustments, not to mention that big hack they had.

I get it. They've been working on it right along while fixing the game (started dev early '21) at the same time. They must've had a drastic change in development for it too take this long. Context: Burning Shores and Saints Row dlc released in shorter time.

Exactly. I totally agree that it’s been a ridiculously long time but I also think it’s sadistic to whip the devs over the grindstone (especially when the release was the fault of [...] corporates).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill see i guess when we know more, im probably getting the expansion down the line but depending on what else is out ill might wait for a sale or something. It will probably make the game better atleast but it still will never be what i wanted it too be. CDPR is kinda on my naughty list too so we shall se some gameplay and reviews from someone i trust before i buy at the minimum. Some other games i rank higher on my list atm and more will probably show before its released.

The way I see it is this: If the expansion costs $60 and I get even only 20 hours worth of entertainment out of it, that's $3/hour. I don't know of many other ways to have fun for that small amount of a price for admission. And that's not me being a fanboi, that goes for any video game where you're not pumping quarters into an arcade machine. Games are probably the best deal that exists for amusement; I just spent $96 for my wife and I to go out for lunch and drinks for an hour and a half today.

Depend of the content :)
Haven't you already played more than 3K hours on a 60E game ?

So, he should have to give CDPR $3k USD? I'm sorry, but I hate that dollar and hour argument. That said, no way in hell the expansion is going to be $60. At max maybe $40, depending on how huge it is. They've said it's the biggest budget they've had on a expansion, and Blood & Wine is a rather meaty expansion; so is Heart of Stone for that matter.

$60 USD for an expansion to a base game?! So you’d have me pay $130 total assuming the base game was $70 USD?! This is a single player game with limited amount of content, it’s not something you can or are expected to play endlessly. It is not an MMO!

So, he should have to give CDPR $3k USD? I'm sorry, but I hate that dollar and hour argument.
That's not what I said ;)
"It depend of the content"
If you pay $30 which is not cheap for an expansion but end to play 50-60 hours (or a lot more, because there are "choices", different outcomes, different builds), it's a fairly good deal in my opinion. Far better than paying $5 for a set of weapons or clothes.
But if you pay $30 for 10 hours of content with no replayability, it's not a good deal either.

Jesus Christ, I just pulled a number out of the air - $60, $20, $5 - choose any amount you want. No matter how you look at it, it's cheap entertainment.

I don't give a rat's ass how much money CDPR spends on developing the thing because it means nothing to me, all I care about is the end product and if I enjoy playing playing it. And, since most forms of entertainment usually cost money, I'm always going to be looking at the value I'm getting for my money and the only two ways I can think of to do that with games are by if I'm having fun and for how long a period of time did I have fun. I don't remember how much I paid for this game at launch, but what I do know is that I have got more hours of fun than I care to admit to for whatever the price was at the time.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, I just pulled a number out of the air - $60, $20, $5 - choose any amount you want. No matter how you look at it, it's cheap entertainment.

I don't give a rat's ass how much money CDPR spends on developing the thing because it means nothing to me, all I care about is the end product and if I enjoy playing playing it. And, since most forms of entertainment usually cost money, I'm always going to be looking at the value I'm getting for my money and the only two ways I can think of to do that with games are by if I'm having fun and for how long a period of time did I have fun. I don't remember how much I paid for this game at launch, but what I do know is that I have got more hours of fun than I care to admit to for whatever the price was at the time.

Actually that is the reason why studios suck and release bullshit like EA or smt like CP at launch - because there always will be people who don’t care the price or quality of their products and preorder right away.

no dlc ever deserves a full AAA price - especially not with a history like this one here - where the dlc brings mechanic reworks, balancing and fixes which belong to the base game. Not even talking about cut content which was supposed to be in the base game as well. Like at least standart quality AI for example.

Last edited:
Not impressed by the painting huh? So, is that a pass on the DLC or wait for discount?
At this point it's in the wait and see category. I wouldn't say the reception of the base game is irrelevant but wait and see is generally the default state. In part because pre-release information for any game, whether it be a full game or addon content, is generally approached with apprehension nowadays. Also because it would seem, for the most part, games tend to release prematurely. My personal preference is to get the polished, feature complete experience. That does not seem to be what is on offer with day one releases.

I'd note, I do not think it was a bad painting by any stretch. I just wasn't impressed by it. A lot of that likely boils down to personal preference.
Actually that is the reason why studios suck and release bullshit like EA or smt like cp at launch - because there will be always people who don’t care the price of their products and preorder right away.
You can't really blame those development studios though. If people are paying for it then it's obviously working. This is not meant to defend the practice, by the way. It's not my cup of tea either.

I also think it's important to respect the autonomy of others with the way they choose to spend their money. Even though I may not be on board with blindly pre-ordering or making day one purchases, or the potential implications of either approach.

Clearly don’t blame the Studios more the people who fall for them again and again - letting them progress the way they behave and treat their audience, because why not? Seems to work with every new title.

Actually that is the reason why studios suck and release bullshit like EA or smt like CP at launch - because there always will be people who don’t care the price or quality of their products and preorder right away.

no dlc ever deserves a full AAA price - especially not with a history like this one here - where the dlc brings mechanic reworks, balancing and fixes which belong to the base game. Not even talking about cut content which was supposed to be in the base game as well. Like at least standart quality AI for example.
Clearly don’t blame the Studios more the people who fall for them again and again - letting them progress the way they behave and treat their audience, because why not? Seems to work with every new title.

Again, $60 is a number I pulled out of the air.

While people had problems with this game when it was released, some of them were pretty major problems, I wasn't one of those players. Yeah, I experienced some issues, but nothing that made me miserable or even close to that; if I had, I wouldn't even be here replying to this thread to begin with. If you had a bad experience, I'm sorry to hear it, but I will be preordering the expansion or buying it as soon as it comes out based on my past and current experiences.

I don't believe in wasting my money on junk nor do I believe that higher prices equals better quality. I'm downright cheap and so is my wife; some things we'll spend more money on like going out for a nice lunch once in a while because we enjoy that and for other things we buy the cheapest possible like toilet paper because all you do is wipe your ass with it.

Obviously you follow these game companies a lot closer than I do; I hardly pay any attention to what they do at all anymore as long as I'm happy with what I paid for. How much and how they spend their money to develop their products and balance their budgets in order to turn a profit is their own business unless, like any other business, I happen to be an investor. You're interested in the business side of it and the software development and that's cool, I'm just not; I used to pay closer attention to that stuff years ago, but I just no longer care about it. I've read that content was cut but, aside from a few spots of dialogue weirdness, I don't miss anything since it was never there for me to begin with. I'm pleased with my purchase of this game and have certainly got my value out of it - many times over.

those daring to point fingers, are clearly missing the point, CP77 isn't just a videogame, right team? If you can't cope with NC, better hop on your mario kart, back to San Andreas ridding horses, jedi redemption farmville, light sabers, sonic, real player one candy crush angry birds.. zelda?
Real chooms, corps and mercs, we welcome the curious tourist in NC, we'll have tuktuks eventually at some point, if you just looking to cruise around. Welcome to NC, city of Dreams xx

Please, keep in mind that insults and rudeness are against the rules; if you cannot be respectful, please do not post.

A few posts, including a quote, removed and edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom