Do you think that Cyberpunk 2077 will deliver?

+

Do you think that Cyberpunk 2077 will deliver?

• No, it won't deliver in story, character development, graphics, characters, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think after last "three" Witcher games( Hunt, HoS and Blood and Wine) we have a very clear picture at what CDPR excells and where they could step up the quality of their game.

World design, attention to detail, visuals and art, ambiance, music, voice acting and sound design, characters, short to medium length storylines, c&c: Top tier

UI, Animations, Main Story( not on same level as some of the larger side quests due to issues with pacing ( for an open world game story builds up urgency far too quickly instead on focusing on investigation at early to medium stages) , some undeveloped characters and usually last act not as well developed), Combat: Mid tier, but could be improved a LOT

Controls, polish and depth of gameplay mechanics( NO...MORE...WITCHER...SENSES!!!), character progression( though this was by default limiting factor of the Witcher), hand holding( look at Gothic developers, in fact: watch this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYrALStucs ), itemization, crafting systems...this is where they need to seriously sit down and re-examine, from bottoms up, their way of doing things.

If they manage to improve on this, while remaining strong at what they did well And adapt well to a very different game format...then there is a very good chance this could be this generation's "killer" and put CDPR right on the top.

So...50/50?

Last edited:
YES PLEASE!

I just got Gothics 1-3 on Steam and I'm loving the hell out of Gothic 1.

It doesn't hold my hand, it has the perfect amount of challenge, and its got great NPC interaction and quest design.

Great. Enjoy it and 2. Good luck with 3.

I think 50/50 is pretty good odds and since what I love about VG sits on the plus side, I'm good!

It will be a great game and series, but I doubt it will beat the Witcher series, having 8 books as a canvas even though they did fuckup certain plots from the books gave it very strong narrative power that simply a "first" game in a series would simply not deliver unless it has some sequels of course.

We shall have to wait and see, but never have high expectations (says the guy who had unrealistic very high expectations of Witcher 3 that it 90% delivered on).

I don't know or understand anything about Cyberpunk, don't even know if it's a new IP or not as i seen someone say "Cyberpunk 2020" before.

But if it is a new IP im kinda glad because it means CDPR won't be able to disappoint anyone or disenfranchise certain groups of fans... (*Cough* Yen and Ciri *Cough*) but let's not get carried away. I'm hoping that, despite how good a game the Witcher 3 itself was (but a little iffy on the lore if you had read the books) that Cyberpunk will be it's own game and thus its own lore and so there wont be any "CDPR you are breaking the lore with this, we know what a canon-geralt would do..." and the arguments go on and on. With this it should be a fresh experience and nobody will have an advantage in terms of story or CDPR won't have the pressure of "we have to deliver to the expectations of what the Witcher is, the established books written by sapkowski to the fans of saga" and other stuff. Also that woman in the middle, i hope already she is a relationship/romance option :D

Last edited:
And unlike most game developers they don't have a publisher breathing down their neck so most importantly they'll take as long as they need.

they do have investors, so they are not like Valve where they could literally do anything they wanted. they probably aren't held on a tight leash, but they do have to justify every major decision.

They sure can. I wouldn't mind another 4 years of waiting and guessing what the game will be like and I'm sure everyone's as patient as me. 8)

Oh you. So funneh.

they do have investors, so they are not like Valve where they could literally do anything they wanted. they probably aren't held on a tight leash, but they do have to justify every major decision.

Sort-of. Depends on their share structure and board of directors. A corporation only needs to justify itself to its shareholders if they don't want said shareholders to sell their stock like mad. If the stock is doing well, "justiication" looks more like bragging, because it kind of is. Right now, CDPR is doing reaaaaaally well.

The founders directly own 25.55% of the shares between the two of them. Just more than a quarter outstanding and easily the controlling margin. Two other CDPR guys who own 3.32% and 2.53% each, for 31 % held in-house. A mix of others control a remaining 24%,.The last 44 and change percent are "free floating" i.e. public shares.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/shareholders/

So, yeah. Justification is pretty minimal when it would take a vote at the annual general meeting and require nearly the entire non-CDPR shares to vote together to change anything CDPR decided to do. And even then, it would be much too late. Presuming shareholders voted together like that, ( they don't) and factions didn't break out, ( they do) ensuring control stayed in CDPR hands. All shareholders can do is vote in a new board, which then has to fire corporate employees and replace them. That's so unlikely, especially with the company holding the single largest control block by far, ( like 5 times as much as anyone else) as to be impossible.

No, it looks like CDPR is set on whichever path they choose and need fear little interference from anyone. Good thing their big desire is to make better and better creations for us to enjoy.

I think the same thing is going to happen like it did with TW3. Some of the things that have been said so far are going to get cut or "dumbed down" and there's going to be a minority of people that make their disappointment loud and clear.

I don't doubt it's going to deliver on being a great game but the details they give out are going to be subject to change and I'm not going to invest all of my hopes into said details. There's been talk of being able to use "vehicles" but that could range from flying cars to cyber-pushbikes and if TW3 is anything to go by, it'll most likely settle on the pushbikes because of not being able to make the mechanics work.

One of the biggest things they've advertised is the game being bigger and more ambitious than TW3 and what comes to mind is the map size but I seriously doubt Night City is going to be as big as Skellige and Novigrad/Velen combined.

Of the things listed though, console limitations are going to screw PC users over in terms of graphics, I have no doubt about that since it happens all the time and it did happen with TW3. I just hope Nvidia technology isn't implemented since they develop it solely for Nvidia gpus and everybody else get's screwed over by it, I don't care if it's promotional and boosts your sales by 3%, it's a dick move and I hate seeing it (coming from somebody who uses Nvidia btw).

TLDR; Maybe

exactly, i too think this game will be adverties and then changed, for "games change during development process", mostly in terms of graphics, maybe they achieve the flying vehicls mechanics, they were hiring new developers for vehicles so they might get it perfectly done,

A corporation only needs to justify itself to its shareholders if they don't want said shareholders to sell their stock like mad.
that's kind of what I was thinking. and mostly in relation to delaying the game so that they can come out with it "when it's ready". not having the main money-maker out the soonest it's possible may be seen as a bad thing by shareholders. of course they too see that more polish > better product > more sales, but they still can't sit on the game forever. well, that was my thought process. you may be right, that ultimately a big opposition is unlikely.

I think given CDPRs track record most of it's shareholders didn't buy it's stock looking to make a quick buck, they're long term investors. And in the long term CDPR delivers.

On the subject of the size I think a lot of it is going to have to do with density and the idea of the two sandbox scenarios. While I think that we are going to get some kind of wasteland and maybe some portion of the ocean around Night City for the nomads... I think what they're refering to is the real world vs the Net. And I think the Net should be very big. I personally think there's no sense in making a Net that is just the cordoned off section that belongs to Night City and that it should instead be international and solve a bit of the problem that comes with setting a Cyberpunk in just an isolated city. We could learn a lot about the whole world of cyberpunk through it and it doesn't need to be super dense and super detailed.

Top Bottom