Do you think the MP will turn into a cash cow for CDPR?

+

Are you interested in CP77 Online?

• Yes

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • I'll check it out, doubt I will spend too much time with it

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • No

Votes: 60 58.3%

• Total voters
After playing Cyberpunk 2077 for over 100hrs and seeing all the Cut Features and Content that Still Remains in some parts of the Game itself. I honestly feel like We got the Beta Version for their Multiplayer Build.

Because Cyberpunk 2077 was Advertised as a Open World RPG with some Features Pushing the Boundaries of an RPG. Literally nothing to Crazy than what they already done in their Witcher 3 Game. Instead we got a Action Adventure Looter Shooter with a Linear Story, to me that seems more of a Multiplayer Feature if anything. Because to Make the SP an Action Orientated Game and the Multiplayer an RPG is really Backwards to me and really Fucked up to Screw over the people who Bought the game for the SP Experience, not the MP.

Plus if they go this Route, I'm Afraid their just going to doing what Rockstar did. Forgetting the Core game in General and just Strictly Concentrating on their Multiplayer. Now I know they have a Separate Studio for the game but that doesn't change the Money that might go into it because After all this Fuck Up of a mess their in, the Remaining Few Investors are already breathing down their Necks about the Multiplayer Aspect so they can make back their Money Fast. So to me that means for damn sure, Paid Content. CDPR Never Confirmed nor Denied that Feature so that's up in the Air and Seeming more Likely.

Whatever the case, this Multiplayer Feature really gon Screw over the Base Game I feel. Their going to Fix the Bugs and Glitches, Add DLC of Barely Half the Shit that should've been in the Game Already and Most Likely One Expansion Pack (Because Seriously, the way the Game Ends, and how the Story was Built. Doesn't Really leave a lot of Arpatunities to Expand on the Story and Content, be really out of Place. Unless the Expansion is a Continues Gameplay after the Ending, whatever that is.) And Forget about the Game afterwards.
Honestly, God Fucking Knows what the hell their gon do.

And open mics, don't forget the open mics while WW 3 is happening behind someone in the lobby.
I used to mute idiots in GTA Online but after one evening of having to listen to one moron make the kind of random noises you might expect to hear from someone who's suffered severe brain damage, or an italian kid who kept talking non-stop while his mom was washing dishes in the background, I decided to simply disable voice chat all together.

literally NO ONE is asking for multiplayer
Well maybe it's just a matter of where you are looking for, a sew a few videos where people were expecting the MP to save the game, and some threads on reddit. Not sure about here yet since I joined not that long the forums.

I'm curious how they gonna solve many things that work SP, but would break MP. It's gonna be challenging, but I think MP can improve longevity of this game. I want to keep playing characters I played for so long and worked to build them up. That's why I look forward to it.

No, you aren't alone, I am terrified of MP anywhere near this game right now. Please, not right now devs, if you can influence management, please, no.

I don't mind the multiplayer aspect as long as there no gankers going around grieving people for shits and giggles. Make it like a MMO with an option to prevent forced interaction.

i play almost only online rpg's so i for one is looking forward to it, and if some kind of private servers would also come that would be kind of awesome for the RP potential (but im sure some modders will fix that anyway as its done for Gta and red dead :p)

Tbh one of the reasons why I don't want them to make a multiplayer game is because it is completely out of their talent range.
CDPR has always been good at one thing, and that is story telling. Now as much as I love the Witcher series with all my heart, (they are literally one of my main creative inspiration source), the game mechanics and features in their previous title were quite simplistic.
Combat is primitive in all the witcher games, the UI is always a mess and missing a lot of quality of life features. And same goes for Cyberpunk too. The only saving grace is the amazing voice acting, believable characters and animations. And as much as I hate the endings, the story was really entertaining too up until the point of no return.
The Gwent game is a mess too, they have admitted themselves that they had no experience in online games before and had to change direction 180 degrees in open beta for it. And tbh the game is still a mess for most of the expansions.

I simply think that a multiplayer game is just out of their scope. Especially if the upper managment going to be the same way as they were for Cyberpunk.
They capitalise on their strenght, and that is purely story telling.

I can understand the desire to copy the formula from GTA and hope to get similar figures as revenue, but honestly I don't see how this game in the current state could possibly function as a multiplayer.

cyberpunk is original a PnP game, so building a party and doing missions isn't out the window, but how the current game is structured, there is no need for a complex team of players to successfully complete a mission.

Making the missions just a shootout and grindfest could be one option to create a need for mp, but it will ultimately betrayal even more the concept of freedom promised in this game.

Why is it suddenly impossible for stealth operation? Etc.

With the options available I can see the game too easy become a toxic cesspool because there is simply not much else to do than grieving other players.

I want none of that.

That's not going to make a bit of difference.

Because the minute players find out that all the things they expected to be in the game they already paid for can only be experienced in some BS multiplayer garbage they never wanted, you'll see a huge number of the 13 million players who gave them the benefit of the doubt turn on CDPR in an instant.

There's no way the gaming community would allow a bait and switch like that to slide. At least not enough of it to let CDPR come out unscathed. Try it, and the next class action suit won't be from investors. It'll be from the 13 million gamers that gave them a chance to fix and release the game they advertised and promised.

MP would be cool, even as is. But pvp would be absolutely terrible until fixes and balancing happen.

I haven't had any of those problems in 2019 and I played an awful lot of FO4 offline in 2019.

I was thinking about this and I am betting (just a guess) that Bethesda probably has not put up any new crap for their in game store in the last year or so. Thus no update would have been needed to be pushed in the last year or so. That would explain your experience.

If you want I can give you dozens of links to forums were both players and mod makers have complained about the forced Bethesda updates for FO4. This is because each time it happen some of us mod makers had to edit our mods and the Script extender guys had to make a new update otherwise ALL the mods that ran on their extender would not run which also meant you could not play your game until then. This was the last straw for me, between changing the game so fundamentally and drastically AFTER I purchased it, then the 76 fiasco with no Bethesda supported modding, well I stopped mod making after realizing I spent 20 hours a week for over a decade wasting my time. I could have mastered 3d printing and CNC and be earning lots of money with said new skills by now.
Post automatically merged:

Not only that but hearing some asshole kid scream the N word through their dollar store headset while their parents are yelling at them to clean their room is definitely not something I would ever want associated with this game.

Leave that BS to gta.​

... and Fallout 76.

Last edited:
Nothing says RPG/story driven/single player experience as a Multiplayer mode. lol

You wanted that cool new story DLC, well shit! You have wait because the new hot thing is this 39.99$ skin for your multiplayer V.
Now you can look NOVA while flinging verbal diarrhea at other assholes in multiplayer. :cool:

I jest but NO, adding MP to Cyberpunk 2077 now would be disastrous.

Fix the base game first CDPR, then add missing content and maybe just maybe in few years when you loose the dream of multiplayer mode you can happily drop that idea.

There are multiplayer only games out there for people to play. Focus on one thing first

Don't half ass two things...

MP would be cool, even as is. But pvp would be absolutely terrible until fixes and balancing happen.

How?

What would be the goal of co-op play? A random dice roll for "teh uber epix!!!"? Seriously. What content would they utilize to create this experience, using THIS setting and storyboard? Simply put, it WON'T happen.

Leaving you with the ONLY possible option. A completely new and separate game. Which ultimately, brings you full circle to my post you quoted. A new game (or some version of this one), with the promises THIS game already made fulfilled (to some extent) in a version of the game NO ONE wanted when they opened their wallets.

The only way CDPR could avoid the inevitably massive backlash from such a move (maybe), would be to offer it for FREE to everyone who bought the single-player game. ALL 13 million of them. And that's DEFINITELY NOT going to happen, because there's no guarantee that enough copies would be sold to players who actually want multiplayer to justify the loss of revenue, or even the costs of such a risky venture.

So as I've said elsewhere on this forum:

SCRAP the multiplayer plans. At least for the foreseeable future, and focus on repairing the reputational damage they took from this disaster. Fix the game for the platforms they promised it for. And then focus on delivering the features and depth they advertised for THIS game. Because if they don't, ANYTHING they develop going forward is going to be tainted by that reputation.

You'd probably be surprised what they *should be* able to do with $500+ million in profit.

13 million sales after refunds, times $60, and then multiplied by 0.7 (the bare minimum they make per copy, not even accounting for GOG sales at 100% profit or Epic Game Store sales at 88% profit), gives you a conservative $546,000,000 USD. Since they did sell many copies on both GOG and Epic, they made a lot more than that.

Their lawsuit defenses will cost a pittance in comparison. They're not in deep waters. They're not even wading in the shallow end. They are dipping their toes in the water while sipping cocktails.

People should really stop pulling numbers out of their arses, given the cost of sale even on the GoG they aren't seeing 70% profit margins, no retailer digital or otherwise sees those margins ever even for first parties, heck you lose 3-5% on transaction fees alone depending on the region.
About half of those sales were on consoles, there were also quite extensive physical copies sales which Namco and WB are responsible for.
CDPR isn't losing money on this game, but they are also not raking in "mad profits"...

Y
Nothing says RPG/story driven/single player experience as a Multiplayer mode. lol

You wanted that cool new story DLC, well shit! You have wait because the new hot thing is this 39.99$ skin for your multiplayer V.
Now you can look NOVA while flinging verbal diarrhea at other assholes in multiplayer. :cool:

I jest but NO, adding MP to Cyberpunk 2077 now would be disastrous.

Fix the base game first CDPR, then add missing content and maybe just maybe in few years when you loose the dream of multiplayer mode you can happily drop that idea.

There are multiplayer only games out there for people to play. Focus on one thing first

Don't half ass two things...
You had me in the first half xD, glad I always read the whole thing.
Like I said a few pages ago (Still can't believe my thread generated this much discussion, I'm glad), I really do hope CDPR turns this around, but they need to do the opposite of what the execs forced them to do, hide info. I believe they should come out in late January with some sort of roadmap detailing their schedule in improving and implementing stuff back into CP2077.
Do a NMS and stick to a bit of radio silence and solemnly focus on fixing and re-adding stuff to the game and just come back when new stuff is ready to be sent, not giving dates or what might come, just do it.

Top Bottom