Do you think they'll leave V's ending to player interpretation? [Spoilers]

+

Guest 3847602

To introduce a new player character, it would certainely please a lot of players.
Do RPGs which introduce a new player character for expansion even exist? I only know of Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal and Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, and even there it's optional thing, you can continue playing with your original character. So, I think V is a pretty safe bet.
Better question is when the expansions will take place: pre-heist, post-heist/pre-ending, post-ending. I doubt the first expansion will be post-ending. Second - maybe.

Do RPGs which introduce a new player character for expansion even exist? I only know of Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal and Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, and even there it's optional thing, you can continue playing with your original character. So, I think V is a pretty safe bet.
Better question is when the expansions will take place: pre-heist, post-heist/pre-ending, post-ending. I doubt the first expansion will be post-ending. Second - maybe.
Honestly, I don't know. "Never be done before" doesn't mean "impossible", but very unlikely for sure :)
From my memories (and little knowledge), it's generally end game content but not related to the main story line (simply unlock at the very end) or simply "side" content totally unrelated to the main story line (simply unlock during the game by levels, quests, whatever).

And yeah, I also think it will be, more likely, pre-ending expansions and to be more precise, unlocked after "Life during WarTime" and "Double Life" :)

V comes into the game with 3 different background stories. So it would be easy to also split up the story going forward? One new game/major expansion could be Johnny with a new start in a new town. The V endings can be merged quite easily with an initial split story line similar to the current game.

All Vs have 6 months to live, all have the same problem of an incompatible body. Same people/partners left and stayed in town regardless of the ending. In the judgement endings Arasaka is in shambles. To align this with the Joker ending, it wont be that hard to ram a subway tunnel drill into Saka tower to steal some tech you need to live and along the way bring down Arasaka? So all V endings could easily be merged at one ripper, who promises they's be able to solve the problem with the incompatibility, … and then you go and try solve it.

The endings were quite forcefully aligned at times. I am thinking for instance of Judy in the Hanoku ending. You get the message she’s gonna leave town on the way down to earth… clearly she could have waited 6 months with the new start? It seems that they aligned all endings to some planned story line, but often did not have the time to make it work properly (get people out of town, get Johnny and V into different story lines, 6 month to live, etc. )

Personally I think, V has a will to fight for their life through hell and back, and its been teased that there could be a solution to the incompatible body. So I found it weird if she’d now just put her feet up and dies? Also, it is such a cliff hanger.

Generally, I’d say they made sure to have all cards in the end to continue the story in whatever shape they want it. They also created a really fun universe with Cyberpunk and I am sure they will try to leverage it: there could be DLCs with parallel story lines, with different characters, the 3 prequels (Corpo, Nomad, Street Kid) could be exploited…

Given a long break I guess they will be working on something bigger to bring people back into the game and then follow up with smaller DLCs to keep people going? Waht we are going to see depends on, can they fix their issues, and will people buy.

I don't really see any reason why you couldn't re-unite the 3 endings where V physically still exists (devil,Sun, Star) into a single starting point for an expansion set in the Crystal Palace station. You could probably creatively deal with the Mikoshi devil ending.

I don't really see any reason why you couldn't re-unite the 3 endings where V physically still exists (devil,Sun, Star) into a single starting point for an expansion set in the Crystal Palace station. You could probably creatively deal with the Mikoshi devil ending.
I hope they left the endings somewhat open to continue V's story. And a solution to V's problem in Night City would explain their return to the city from the Star ending. Not sure what they could do with the Temperance ending, though?

If it really is the end for V, as a fan of the sun ending, I'd like to know two things. First, for sure that it was the end for V. Second, and perhaps most important, if I ordered a V in The Afterlife, what would I get? Hopefully not a based tequila cocktail, I hate that stuff.

Hopefully not a based tequila cocktail, I hate that stuff.
We could order to Claire a Johnny Silverhand, a Jackie Wells or a V, that would be great :cool:
(But V have to die during an operation in a spectacular way, so none of the ending allow that, for now at least).

I hope they left the endings somewhat open to continue V's story. And a solution to V's problem in Night City would explain their return to the city from the Star ending. Not sure what they could do with the Temperance ending, though?

If it really is the end for V, as a fan of the sun ending, I'd like to know two things. First, for sure that it was the end for V. Second, and perhaps most important, if I ordered a V in The Afterlife, what would I get? Hopefully not a based tequila cocktail, I hate that stuff.
I think like the suicide ending, temperance would be a dead end(v's gone) and wouldn't be a starting point.

Personally i hate the sun ending with a passion.

Im very curious what approach they take on DLCs. I`m sure no matter which path they take, some people will be left dissapointed. Connecting all those endings in any believable form would be tremendous task if even possible. Going with more Night City sidemissions content will have another obstacles like presence of Johnny (although its not impossible to hire Keanu for some extra lines), focusing on even more topics in a state where V has to "visit Hanako at Embers" ASAP. Also, main storyline is very strong and going with DLC sidecontent might felt really flat in comparison so yeah, they will probably want to push for some serious main story content which could compete.

I have to say that as much as I would love to see V`s continuation and possibly another endings, I would also be quite sad if they just scratch some of the current ones as they are all so nicely done.

I don't think we'll have any post-ending content. It's too easy for CDPR to shore up what they had to cut for release, so we'll be getting fixers and more to do in the city itself before the ending lockout.

i hope they leave it as it is, having an "open" ending its something really good for this type of games, maybe an outside story with the epilogue of every ending in a novel or comic or something like that would also be cool, having the itch removed in a different way.

If its left as a cliffhanger that's ok. Without tying up loose ends it wouldn't make sense.
When you pick the end to leave Night City with Judy, it should have been with her not the Aldecaldos.
You run the risk of leaving with her, but she and her grandfather save V's life and safely remove the relic.
But there ends up being some side effects after its removal.

Top Bottom