DO YOU WISH BOSS FIGHTS MUCH HARDER & DEADLIER? (ALSO INCLUDES CYBERPYSCHOS)

+

Do you wish BOSS FIGHTS MUCH HARDER & DEADLIER? (ALSO INCLUDES CYBERPYSCHOS)

• Yes

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Yes, even on VERY HARD difficulty

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • No, I can't handle them normally even on EASY

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Others (post on the thread)

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Sure, why not, but not in terms of HP pool but in terms of better scripted encounters and enemy behaviour.
This, because Oda and Smasher glitched out on me and made it easy.
I personally liked the Mathilda fight best. It was also very clearly setup in how you ended up there. Oda and Smasher just come falling through the roof being a boss for the sake of it. And what I also disliked (though the glitches may have caused)both Oda and Adam, they just went on a zoning spree and it didnt make those fights fun.

About the Cyberphycho's I would've liked it better if it was more clearly a difference in subduing them where they have 1% HP left and knocked out cold. Or where you literally kill them.
There's no difference and during the first few fights I was utterly confused on how it ended. I also am not entire happy with their scripting. It would've been cool if they would chase you acros a large area because. They go insane for a reason, right?

I choose "other", because what I want isn't boss fights being harder, but them being more meaningful. Yesterday I finished Regina's cyberpsychosis questline and it's just bad, there is no resolution for it. Even in quest description there is a question "why did she want them alive?", and there is no answer for it.
Post automatically merged:

Let's say that CDPR adds reboot optics to the netrunner arsenal, and for x amount of seconds, the screen with be black, some people will love it, some will check their monitor to see if there is no glitch, and some will get mad, the same thing will happen with weapon glitch. I love to see every possible demon activate against the player, but if we consider the fun factor for man players, it will never happen.
In Witcher 3 they did exactly that with water hags that can throw mud to obstruct player vision and I haven't heard about players being mad about it. CDPR could easily just make it so that the screen goes glitchy (like when V is waiting) to make sure that players will not get confused with screen going black. The only thing that CDPR would need to implement alongside is some option for the player to defend themselves against such attack, because pretty much everything else that would be needed for this to work is already in the game.

Last edited:
I voted yes but I don't want only bosses to pose a threat. I want large groups of enemies to be extremely dangerous as well so I can't just waltz up to them and wipe them out. I was cleaning up NCPD missions before the end and the hardest ones took me less than 20 seconds to complete on very hard. Braindead encounters like these need to be reworked, or have more stages that get progressively harder eg. you jump on a faction's business and they get waves of backup or chase you when you leave the scene and you find a shard on one of them that takes you to an additional, harder, encounter (which could feature a boss).

Wait.. Akira was a boss fight? :D

Fighting on hard at lvl50, Smasher was 3shot :D I have no clue, how any of his attack even looks like.. And I made all endings, I just didnt bother to wait for him to shoot me. Most of the time, he ran away from me..

The boss fights which were hard for me, were the ones against armored cyberpsychos, as I didnt use any tech weapon back then and didnt want to use system-reset, because thats just easy mode :D

The whole game can be easy mode, depending what things you use. So its really hard to balance.. The game/AI/NPC has to react to your builds, otherwise its impossible.

As a person with club fingers there are some specific fights that I think hit the right difficulty for a "boss" fight: Oda and the Ritual Cyberpsycho are two, and there is a Cyberpsycho in the Badlands in a suit similar to Royce's that I also find around the right mark for a "boss" fight.

If you are a run and gun type Smasher is too easy, but as a more stealth netrunner type I found him much more difficult because of the time it took to get things set up and you get trapped near him initially by the cutscene. As the "final boss" of the combat side of the game, he doesn't really strike the right difficulty.

Yet before I want to see their difficulty upped, I want to see the game polished more first. Improving the general combat AI may help these fights a lot, removing the need to script them specifically harder.

It seems like some of you are asking for things that other games never provide, smart enemies with interesting mechanics. It works fine if the player knows what s/he does, but on the other hand, if the player makes a mistake, that player will pay for it, and s/he will hate the game for it. I've seen it in The Secret World (not the abomination that is the new version of the game). Let's say that CDPR adds reboot optics to the netrunner arsenal, and for x amount of seconds, the screen with be black, some people will love it, some will check their monitor to see if there is no glitch, and some will get mad, the same thing will happen with weapon glitch. I love to see every possible demon activate against the player, but if we consider the fun factor for man players, it will never happen. At least, the surveillance cameras don't see a narrow zone 2 meters in from of them, and the enemies are not utterly blind like in Watchdogs legions. I hoped that the higher difficulty will have smart and hard to kill enemies, with boss fights that have 3-4 stages.

I feel the Dark Souls idea is intimidating for a lot of people, but it can be scaled back and totally manageable, such as is seen in Ghosts of Tsushima or Mortal Shell. Again these "harder" mechanics can be more or less mandatory depending on difficulty settings applied. Maybe in easy mode the game will continue as is and let you just dps through, but in very hard there could be damage windows that you have to open before killing a boss. These types of mechanics should be highly familiar to a ton of gamers as they are utilized in many MMO boss raids. Positioning, damage avoidance, weak points, damage windows/burn phases, etc.

A perfect example are the Legend of Zelda games, I don't think anyone complains those are overly hard. Typically it is a puzzle to figure out the weak spot, you hit it a few times till boss is stunned, and then you get a hit on the critical node. This typically rotates 3 times and then you beat the boss.

Zelda games have been accessible to tons of people while applying "interesting" fight mechanics. Now I would say those mechanics are...TOO simple, and could be scaled up some. But I also understand not everyone wants to try that hard, so the idea is to avoid it scaling up to "Dark Souls" but more challenging/interesting than "stand and shoot bad guy till he dies".

I would of liked to see the cyberpsycos be much more difficult.
Sure, why not, but not in terms of HP pool but in terms of better scripted encounters and enemy behaviour.
The expansions in The Witcher 3 (HoS and BaW) had well designed boss fights and enemies, so I don't know what happened here.

Yes, I was expecting Cyberpsychos to be as difficult & "lengthier" as Monster Hunt Contracts in W3. An encounters that you need to understand/research & prepared yourself for it. I found some gigs (little dungeons) to be the things that I prepared more often just because sometimes it has job specs in it.

Bosses should be auto-balanced after a min condition according to player difficulties.

It could be one of the solutions for sure.

Just to be clear, this is what I personally mean when I say I want more difficult boss fights.

I want better mechanics that require you to think and proceed carefully when approaching bosses, not just peppering them with more bullets.

Exactly! Maybe that I am being spoiled by recent games like MHW & Remnant FTA or to some extent Witcher 3 on its own, but this games always make players to really prepared themselves for a boss fights.

Last edited:
Higher difficulty is just like every other game increase health to stupid numbers let npc one hit kill player.
They can't let enemy netrunners use everything.

Suicide and System reset, anyone ?
Like someone siad reboot optics would just mean you die also especially on 2 higher difficulty.

I have also now understood why burn can hurt so much even on easy especially in the beginning.
It's when you not only got hacked but also got shot with weapon causing fire.

It then seems like the second burn from weapon not only do weapon fire ticks but the first hacked burn is added on top while the nethack burn is still going also.

If you look at top of screen you can see 2 burn symbols or even 3 sometimes and with 3 if you don't spam heals you will die even on easy difficulty.

I choose "other", because what I want isn't boss fights being harder, but them being more meaningful. Yesterday I finished Regina's cyberpsychosis questline and it's just bad, there is no resolution for it. Even in quest description there is a question "why did she want them alive?", and there is no answer for it.

Unfortunately, Regina's "Psycho Killer" quest is bugged. There is no final reward when you saved (keep them alive) all this cyberpsychos. My guess the reward supposed to be a "Max-Tac full armor" & maybe its recipes because the game did have its items but can only be obtained via modding.

Although it's very likely Regina's endgame is to uncover why cyberpsychosis happened as the rumors alluded to companies intentionally put faulty products that has malware/viruses in it.

CDPR adds reboot optics to the netrunner arsenal, and for x amount of seconds, the screen with be black, some people will love it, some will check their monitor to see if there is no glitch, and some will get mad, the same thing will happen with weapon glitch.
Weapons glitch might actually work. I recall some enemies were able to overheat player weapons in the first Mass Effect game. Game can show player prompt about what is happening like when enemy netrunner uses reveal location hack.

Possible problem might be that it would lead players investing more to melee than they necessarily want.

Not really. I quite like that CDPR give us the option of making our character totally OP if we want to. One of the reasons I replayed witcher 3 so much, was trying out different builds and making Geralt an OP killing machine, even on death march. I personally have more fun when my character is walking around like the terminator.

If you want the game to be super difficult, crack it up to very hard and dont upgrade weapons, armor, mods etc.

Thinking about it again...

Adding almost every type of netrunning demon to enemies can be interesting. One of the things that I loved in some MMOs was when the enemies used skills that I recognize. It makes the world feel grounded.

I love it that the enemies cant automatically know where the player is from the first shot and have to search for that player.
I think the CYBERPUNK is better than a lot of other games combat-wise, the enemies are not blind and less stupid, and the cameras track things that are farther than few meters from them.

I don't use tech or smart weapons because they are too OP. I only use power weapons and a katana. I find myself die countless times when I try to dash like a baresker Rambo with the katana, forcing me to rethink my strategy.

"Other" or "No"
What I like is that there is an option to take advantage of a weak point. For example, in Deus Ex when you beat Gunther Hermann saying "laputan machine"

I found the fight with Oda very frustrating. He killed me in two hits and my hits took 0.1% of life from him. I was about to quit the game for this fight and I missed something to help you beat it. Besides, it was unfair: RAM recovering is blocked and you can't hack it more than twice. I was 30 minutes in this fight, running and healing all the time.

However the fight with Adam Smasher I really enjoyed. Your partner is a great help (And RAM is not blocked)

In short: Some bosses have been very difficult for me, and Oda being the most difficult. Please no more difficult or if you add some, make a hidden "plan B" for unskilled players (like me) that help win.

PD: I've played in hard mode (the 3rd)
PPD: Special mention of the boxing fights that are crazy difficult.

Yes.

The side quest, when building up to a boss is engaging. But if you have the proper equipment, it's rather easy to defeat the boss. The clouds side quest was rather engaging the first time I did it. All the emotion that poured out of Judy kept me on the edge of my seat when playing NOMAD. When I did it on CORPO, I knew what to expect and ended Woodman with just a few shots. This would have been more entertaining if you actually had to track Woodman down and when you locate him, he is a rather strong group of henchmen. It would feel a more rewarding if there were rare things that you could loot by defeated Woodman.

- Cash
- Legendary western revolver
- Classy armor
- Joytoy Braindance
- Joy Toy companions from the desktop in his office

Imagine obtaining the above. This would make the game a whole lot cooler.

If you just means their dps & hp I thought some of the cyberpsychos were pretty damn hard (late game, sword build, v hard). Most of them just need a bit more variety and battle tactic/strategy though, with complementary hp/dmg to boot. I though a couple encounter were pretty unique though, off the top of my head, the sniper and tyger claw samurai was pretty cool.

I love the cyberpsycho woman with the mantis blades, the one that was augmented for a T.V. show. She had an interesting story and fun mechanics.

My main problem was that even though I kept away from the super damaging weapons, it was rather easy to kill bosses at late game, especially after upgrading overwatch to legendary.

Last edited:
Yes.

The side quest, when building up to a boss is engaging. But if you have the proper equipment, it's rather easy to defeat the boss. The clouds side quest was rather engaging the first time I did it. All the emotion that poured out of Judy kept me on the edge of my seat when playing NOMAD. When I did it on CORPO, I knew what to expect and ended Woodman with just a few shots. This would have been more entertaining if you actually had to track Woodman down and when you locate him, he is a rather strong group of henchmen. It would feel a more rewarding if there were rare things that you could loot by defeated Woodman.

- Cash
- Legendary western revolver
- Classy armor
- Joytoy Braindance
- Joy Toy companions from the desktop in his office

Imagine obtaining the above. This would make the game a whole lot cooler.

Might be because my RNG luck on high, but when I killed Woodman, I got a legendary weapon item drop. As for legendary western revolver, "Amnesty" is the closest thing to that but it's exclusive to Nomad/Panam ending. Even then, it kinda buggy as the weapon will gone after player finished the game so mod is the only way to obtain it permanently. Actual replayable BDs would be a whole different thread & I already made a long thread/posts about it & nobody really replaying to it LOL

Here's my thread about ideas for leisure activities (gwent-size) mini games, including BDs:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...tence-for-cyberpunk-2077-some-ideas.11070659/

Here's my post about BDs possibility & forms in another thread regarding BDs:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-people-want-bd.11072936/page-4#post-12723350

I think there should be a new difficulty like "impossible" or something, to satisfy the grindy players. I could boost my katana to unbelievable DPS but i don't want to sit in crafting for a whole day, sounds just boring.

Yes, I wish. The player who does some side missions and gigs becomes OP very fast.

I fought Oda after Panam and River storyline and many side jobs. I was expecting some epic battle. It took me three shots from my legendary Shingen Mark V to put him down. The fight was over before I even noticed that it started. So I needed to restrict myself from upgrading my weapons and clothes in order to make the game more difficult.

we need only one boss fight in term of story, Smasher, the others arent boss fight, and are totally optional, the cyberpsyco are quests, easly finished, i dont need a Doom like boss
Yes, I was expecting Cyberpsychos to be as difficult & "lengthier" as Monster Hunt Contracts in W3. An encounters that you need to understand/research & prepared yourself for it. I found some gigs (little dungeons) to be the things that I prepared more often just because sometimes it has job specs in it.

I fought Khan Maykr recently in doom eternal and last year Sigrun in god of war 2018 on my brother ps4.
Those boss fights are really chalenging and fun.
In Cyberpunk too easy. Too boring.

Boss fights in doom eternal and god of war 2018 are so good, immersive and fun. :cool:

In witcher 2 we had Kayran and in witcher 3 The Caretaker , Dettlaf.

Last edited:
Top Bottom